Ares Games

Thread: Carronade, Falkirk, May 10th 2014

Default Carronade, Falkirk, May 10th 2014

Due to our resounding success at Vapnartak we received two invites to Carronade 2014 at Falkirk. (link to show info).

http://www.falkirkwargamesclub.org.u...nade_Home.html

At present I am working out details to see if I can attend.

Is there anyone else who would be interested?

We have been told we could have two table set ups.
    The initial idea is to set up a WW1 participation table.
    If I can get enough support I would like to put on WW1 and WW2.

So its a step up to the plate and be counted chaps.
    Any and all takers are welcome to share in a fantastic day out North of the Border (Do I need to take my passport?).

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

I would make sure you have had your jabs

Dave we have two confirmed so far and FO Kyte has given us permission to fly a mission north of the border. Who do we need to contact, or is it yourself, to confirm attendance?

Excellent news

Kenny is the games organiser and you can contact him via the link at the bottom right of the page you have linked to above.

I am also on the organising committe and will also drop him a line just to be on the safe side

Unfortunately I rarely get a chance to play in any of the games as I tend to be too wrapped up with what is going on in the show but I look forward to seeing you all on the day

Any problems just get in touch and I will facilitate

Cheers Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Knight View Post
    Excellent news

Kenny is the games organiser and you can contact him via the link at the bottom right of the page you have linked to above.

I am also on the organising committe and will also drop him a line just to be on the safe side

Unfortunately I rarely get a chance to play in any of the games as I tend to be too wrapped up with what is going on in the show but I look forward to seeing you all on the day

Any problems just get in touch and I will facilitate

Just make sure you chaps get back before they declare independence. I'd hate to lose you all.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I was about to make a comment but stopped myself as I believe there is a no politics rule on the forum

Suffice it to say that being an Englishman living in Scotland I have my own views on the subject of independence

If Scotland get it then I want to push for an independant Northumbria or a return to the old seven kingdoms.

Good luck Neil, a bit too far for me that one I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    If Scotland get it then I want to push for an independant Northumbria or a return to the old seven kingdoms.
    Hey steady on Neil.
    Go too far back and we'll be up to our armpits in Romans again, with their Bath houses, straight roads, and fishy sauces. Look at where that all ended up the last time!
    Rob.

OK. Spoke to Douglas Thomson, one of the show organisers, we have an 8x6 table for the show. At present I am working on a participation WW1 in the morning and a participation WW2 in the afternoon. We have 3 to run the games so 2 tables is a bit of a stretch so far. If I get any more offers of help then I will approach either Douglas or Kenny and ask if we can have two tables and run WGF/WGS side by side.

Neil

Looking at the members from Scotland 4 of us are from the Falkirk club so will be busy on the day but there are a qute a few others

C'mon chaps lend neil a hand

steaurt

Dear all

I would also like to invite you to Claymore in Edinburgh on the 1st of August 2015 I have an e-mail address for the chap who was doing the Public Participation game at Carronade but unfortunately it is undeliverable please can the person who was running the game at carronade PM me and I can get a form off to the toot suite and we can fit this game in?

Best Regards

Steaurt

Hi Steaurt.
    Did you get mt welcome message and Wingman request O.K. if so your Squadron Leader's named by me on that message. He is Rabbit 3. Please go through him with a PM, and he will then pass your request on to our Events Coordinator.
    It is great to have so much burgeoning interest in Wings North of the Border. Long may it continue.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. National 2014
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 15:45
  2. 10 Days in May: 10th May 2014
    By Oldwolfuk in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 14:56
  3. WMMS. 10th March.2013.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 12:06
  4. 10th Solitaire game with Richard Bradley solo rules - Red Wings of Deception
    By Blackronin in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 07:46
  5. Arizona Dec 10th Vul-Con Arena 3 - WOG WW1
    By IvanTT in forum US Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 10:53