Ares Games

Thread: New member from Scotland

Default New member from Scotland

Good Evening Gentlemen (and of course ladies if any are present)

I was inspired by my excellent game at Vapnartak yesterday to join the forum and was very pleasantly surprised to see what a vibrant online community exists here.

My wargaming interests are pretty extensive but I hope to start to play more Wings of Glory.

I am a member of Falkirk and District Wargames Club and we can always host games on a Monday night if anyone is interested in coming along. Alternatively I don't mind a bit of a drive for a game.

You can find out more about me on my blog http://leadwarriordavek.blogspot.com/.

I look forward to meeting some of you and, with any luck, getting some games in against some new opponents

Dave

You're most welcome here, Dave!
    Welcome from Portugal!

Howdy from Kansas, Dave. I saw some photos from Vapnartak here at the 'Drome and it looked like a rousing fun time. Glad you could partake!

Welcome Dave, from da'an sa'af in Middlesex.

Welcome Dave, from the great white north (Northern Illinois that is).
    I also have a very good friend who lives in Scotland.

John

Thumbs up

G'day David & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of all the pilots who fly in N.S.W. down in Australia.

Great bunch of International pilots land here & you will soon find some players in your areas.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, David.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Dave, from here near Norwich.

Hello Dave, and welcome to the 'drome from here in Kent

Glad to see you found your way to this thread Dave.
    I expect that the rest of the lads will inveigle you into the bar before too long, but don't get involved in any of their drinking games if you are on dawn patrol.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

And welcome from somebody a bit closer to home.
    Now I`ve got somebody to share a single malt with in the mess!

Dave welcome from your host at Vapnartak. Glad you took the leap as I know you told me you've played the game before. Busy making plans for Carronade and hopefully we can confirm shortly that we can make it.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thanks for the hearty welcome

Robert - where do youdo your gaming?

Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

I`m pretty informal really, usually just in friends houses when we can find the time for a get together though I turn up at GEAS occasionally, particularly their conventions.
    I`m not a member of SESWC though I`ve done some gaming with individual members in the past, just never got around to joining since I rarely get free time on Thursdays.

Robert - If you fancy a game sometime let me know - although I would be relying on you to provide the kit as I don't have any as yet

As stated above Falkirk on a Monday may be an option, though it may be a bit of a drive for you

Neil

Sounds good - I am sure you would go down well

Greetings ! Welcome from Brazil, Dave !

This is certainly an international community

I have been known to, unfortunately flames are usually involved or the dreaded boom card.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Knight View Post
    Neil

Sounds good - I am sure you would go down well
    See you on the Dark Side......

Welcome to the 'drome Dave from a Sassenach in East Sussex (and another FoF fan -pics in my albums) - always good to see people inspired to join by a show game !

Welcome from Italy! Welcome to the 'drome!

Attilio

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thijs
    Sorties Flown

Enjoy the drome!

Welcome from Holland

Welcome Dave, from Bristol, I lived in Kinross for a while worked at the Golfball just outside town. See you in the mess for a chinwag

Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Robert - If you fancy a game sometime let me know - although I would be relying on you to provide the kit as I don't have any as yet

As stated above Falkirk on a Monday may be an option, though it may be a bit of a drive for you
    Bit of a problem there as I don`t run a car anymore!
    So I`d be reliant on public transport to get me there though buses/ trains are pretty frequent.
    A few years back when I was involved in LARP activities I used to be in and out of Falkirk all the time for gaming purposes but these days, without a car I find It just more awkward and expensive to get about.
    Kit wise it wouldnt be a problem since I`ve a good sized WOW/WOG collection plus a good few `unnofficial` planes, all packed in KR boxes for easy transport.

There`s a very good chance I`ll be turning up at Carronade though.

Welcome from the land of perpetual snow storms, Illinois, Dave.

I see, on your blog, you just received SoG. Have you joined the Anchorage - sister site of the 'Drome? If so, what is your username there? If not, please join us; it would be great to have you aboard. http://sailsofglory.org/content.php

Hi Eric - I think you must be confusing me with one of the other new recruits - I haven't played the naval version as yet - Dave

Welcome to the Drome Eric, nice to meet you.

Will the real Eric, Dave, or Sparticus please stand up, or shall I just have another G&T?
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Eric - I think you must be confusing me with one of the other new recruits - I haven't played the naval version as yet - Dave
    I see what happened. I was looking at your blog, and I saw a link about SoG. I clicked that and started reading, thinking it was still your site. Check out the Anchorage and game sometime; there's a lot of fun to be had.

We have a can of the following in our kitchen. I think we'll have it this week in your honor.

Name:  Haggis.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  8.3 KB

Thanks Eric - although I am English despite living in Scotland I will take that as a compliment

As well you should, Dave. We now share the same skies.

We have friends who travel to Scotland to visit their family. They introduced us to Haggis. It was love at first bite.

I should have said welcome from another Sassenach in that case Dave !

Hi, from Leicestershire... try not to get addicted.

Once again thanks for all of the welcomes

A warm welcome from frigid Ohio!

Thanks Randy - we are merely chilly here!

Similar Missions

1. 2013 Origins member's tribute to 2014 member one
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:37
  2. Illinois: New Member Greetings
    By ling in forum US Wing
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 08:27