Ares Games
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Fire in the Skies: Officers Mess

Looks like a very good start!

What do you think about 25%+ dmg , 0 modifier (but it rates a check - maybe taking any damage really scares you!)

Taking an idea of Mike's thoughts and combining it with yours: Apply fire to self or ally smoking/fire -1? (The thought being if you look around and you see both of your wingmen smoking or on fire, that might startle you!)

Friendlies outnumbered by >2 = -1
    Enemies outnumbered by >2 = +1

==
    I was looking at the AllyAC SD, and going to suggest a % modifier, but I think that the -1 is just fine. It will alway apply for a trigger if you do it each time any new event occurs. Ie: 3 friendlies engage . 1st is shot down, no checks. Then #2 goes on fire - check for #2 & #3 pilots. (events friendly shot down and self/wingmate on fire). #2 flames out. #3 checks again (2 planes fallen, but only a -1 modifier applies). #3 takes 25% damage. (checks for friendlies shot down & took damage).

A 25%dmg modifier would not be opposed by me. Especially with Rookies.

I like the idea of being outnumbered better than watching aircraft shot down, a flight might be 5 vs 3 then become 3 vs 3 and that may not deter those who lost wingmen from fighting. Might make them more determined to stay even... Hmm, good thoughts.

I like where you are going with this. I take it this is an in scenario to stop pilots acting suicidal? But rather acting rationally?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    I like where you are going with this. I take it this is an in scenario to stop pilots acting suicidal? But rather acting rationally?
    That's the idea. Things may change if the pilot is fighting over their carrier then they don't have much choice to leave the fight as someone pointed out previously. In those instances the little "work in progress table" I have, may be rendered obsolete.
    Also I am unsure of when I will be able to fine tune it (much less play test it)as my life is about to get very busy. I'll try to not let it slip through the cracks.

I will play test under these conditions this weekend and into Monday. I will get in a few quick flights of 2 or 3 sorties - CAP type. . They will be "unofficial AAR's" for the RNZAF (no pictures) - but a summary. I have a CAP AAR with pictures I will include in the write up.

AllyAC SD -1 (rookie only - 1st plane shot down only) - (event trigger)
    EnemyAC SD +1 (rookie only)

All
    %25+ dmg , 0 modifier (triggers check for rookie & standard: vet/ace ignore) (event trigger)
    %50+ dmg, -1 (event trigger)
    %75+ dmg, -2 (event trigger)
    Engine Dmg -1 (event trigger)
    Fire -1 (self or %50+ other friendlies smoke/fire) (event trigger)
    Wounded -1 (event trigger)
    Rookie -1
    Ace +1
    Friendlies outnumbered by >2 = -1
    Enemies outnumbered by >2 = +1
    Evade ability +1 (if not used yet)

Over Own Carrier +3
    Over Own Airfield +2
    Over Enemy Carrier +1

If an event triggers then;
    Roll 1D8
    1 - Bugs out immediately
    2-4 Leaves
    5-8 Stays
    Last edited by Gotham Resident; 12-12-2016 at 08:34.

All PTO scenario links are completed in the sceanrio thread Please let me know if I have missed one.

Neil

OK, I think I know have all the BRF's in the correct scenario sticky threads.

If I've missed anything let me know.

Can all players check the spreadsheet to make sure I've got everything down correctly, cheers again.

All PTO scenario links are completed in the sceanrio thread Please let me know if I have missed one.

Neil
    Thanks Neil.

My apologies for what might seemas a delay in proceedings.

All will be revealed but as swmbo has taken next week off my plans will have to wait until the week after.

Project finished. Later air group on board as she awaits Claude and Nates:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160606_101431.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	198415

Name:	20160606_100248.jpg 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	198416

Name:	20160606_100214.jpg 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	198417

These look amazing Neil!
    REP!

Thumbs up

That looks just fantastic Neil!
    Rep incoming just like USN Dauntless'

Well worth the wait Neil.
    What a beauty.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks chaps. Might have a go at one of the big fleet jobs later in the year.

Very nice Neil , so how did you do it ? Kit or scratch.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Funny enough I downloaded a deck plan and was going to leave it at that. Had some scrap foam board bits left and decided to make the hull. Sides are a trial and many errors of a self design based on the side of IJN Hosho. So its roughly based on Hosho for deck width and length the forward turrets and the sides. The 4 AAA positions. 2 each side are pure fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Very nice Neil , so how did you do it ? Kit or scratch.

Nicely done , Next thing to try is a scratch built Toon Team

I'd have more luck with fantasy football league and I'm no betting man.

I'm going on 2 months without a mission? Seems like longer, glad it's not. Lil GR and I did a straight dogfight of an ME-110 vs a Beaufighter last weekend - he beat me 2x (I was the ME).
    ==
    It won't be this week, then I'm on vacation, but the 2nd full week of July should see me get back into flying.

NP Mischa. I'm hoping to plough through the Coral Sea and Midway missions remaining, then hopefully get some post-Midway scenarios out into the ether for us. I'm also working on some pre-1941 scenarios for the Pacific to stretch backwards.

Neil

Plan on dropping into the PTO missions later this month there is no later this month.

Well there you go time flies and the planes do not . Mission 7 on the decks and warming up

Hoping to get something into the air tomorrow.

Maybe this week I'll get to the next in line for me. Definitely next weekend if not. Can't wait to fly my Zeros vs my new Hurricanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Maybe this week I'll get to the next in line for me. Definitely next weekend if not. Can't wait to fly my Zeros vs my new Hurricanes.
    Ooooh shiny!

I got some new Zeroes (A6M5) to fly against my Hellcats & Helldivers, but I guess all of those are aways away from using.

Looks like it will be July 11 and later that I start to play (on vacation from the 2nd till then), but I expect to see several missions occur in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Ooooh shiny!
    Not really new.... just the Belgian ones I turned into British that I posted last month.

Going to try out my NAtes and Claudes v some P-16's

I think I now have all the PTO sceanrio details uplaoded to the spreadsheet. Any discrepencies please get in touch.

Neil

PS: ETO stats tomorrow.

I think I now have all the PTO sceanrio details uplaoded to the spreadsheet. Any discrepencies please get in touch.

Neil

PS: ETO stats tomorrow.
    Great thanks Neil.

Have you updated the ETO spreadsheets Neil?

Not yet. Going to start next week.

OK I think I now have all PTO & ETO scenario results posted for those that are still wanting them done so.If I have missed any could those individuals let me know.

Cheers, Neil

Cheers Neil.

For the last 6 weeks I've been saying, Monday Tuesday can get some games in. Daughter staying for 2 weeks (don't mind as I'll not see her for about 2 years) was a good enough excuse. An unfortunately sad time to attend a funeral and a trip to the doctors, followed by an exhaust falling off and being told I need 4 new tires sooner rather than later now another trip to the quacks for me and swmbo on seperate days and did I mention panto rehearsals...........I'm going to take up knitting!

I'm going to take up knitting!
    How the heck will you find time to pull that in as well?
    Kyte.

It does seem to have been busy this Summer. Promised myself a BoB and PTO before September

Well there are quite a lot of sheep in the fields nearby, just got to catch them, shear them and spin the wool. Can't be too hard, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    How the heck will you find time to pull that in as well?
    Kyte.

Well there are quite a lot of sheep in the fields nearby, just got to catch them, shear them and spin the wool. Can't be too hard, can it?
    Sounds like a Close Shave there Neil
    How is Shawn

Right Neil.
    Next time you are down I will give you a go on Eileen's spinning wheel and we will see how you go.
    Rob.

Sean is off to University in 3 weeks my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Sounds like a Close Shave there Neil
    How is Shawn

Very amusing I'm sure.
    Please pass on my best wishes to Sean for a successful term at Uni Neil.
    Rob.

Lil GR asked on Sunday if we could play either 'Firefly' the board game or Wings of Glory, so we did a refresher game. 3 zero's against a Wildcat/Dauntless/Devastator (x2). Lil Gr didn't get the movement for the dev's, and it was a first shot explosion for my Zero Ace. I shot down a Devastator and the rest flew over the target and off the board.

OK, now I am miffed. swmbo tells me that 'Skippers' (our Son Sean) room is to be re-decorated for his return to the homestead from University at Christmas. My man cave needs a dividing wall and door and re-decorated before I can move all my 'crap' as swmbo puts it back into my hovel! Cheek of it. Looks like no more games until Tuesday then! Which Tuesday I dont know, but defo one of these Tuesdays. I hope. Oh and did I tell you that my nice newly decorated room with dividing wall and door will have a nice new 5'6"x3' gaming table, which I can leave set up and be big enough for 3 WoG mats and can play a big SoG game on, with space under for all my cr... sorry boxes? No well I am.

"crap" My wife says that all the time. If she doesn't watch it, read it, play it, or use it..it's crap. It irritates me to no end.

Your divided room w/ table sounds great!

It will be hidden on the other side of the divider.........I will cast an permanent invisibility spell and swmbo will know no better...HA HA.

Sympathy votes Neil. I have to compete for my table against sewing machines and metres of cloth, cut out cardboard and sparkly bits. Just wait till Xmas

"Are you going to move your cr*p off the pool table?"

Soon.

Maybe.

I have Bitter End Mission 5 to play.

Decided to build a Shed, that way I get took keep all my "toys" in one place and all to myself.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. What goes on in the mess, stays in the mess.......
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 02:34
  2. What the well-dressed officers wears...
    By Biggles downunder in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 07:36
  3. Source of supplies for the Officers Club Mess!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 15:30
  4. Last night at the Officers Club
    By crashx in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 12:31