Ares Games
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Salute 2014 - Game On!

Paul great news, looking forward to seeing you there. Any of your planes would be worthy however it may be worth asking some of the WGF game organisers. If you have any German WW2 (HE111 or ME110's) they would be much appreciated.

Neil

PS: Have you read your PM yet?

Quote Originally Posted by chimpchoker View Post
    I'm late to this thread but I can bring down some planes for the games. I'm thinking in particular about my Kangaroo for the coastal game and maybe my 0/400. Skafloc has seen my collection so if he has any suggestions of what I can bring...

Just avoiding the wait to get in will be worth the trouble.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Sadly the only WGS plane I have is a P40 (if my plane goes over 150mph I get a nosebleed )
    Yes I've read the PM - arrgghh more paperwork

Are you up for this daunting task then?

Sadly the only WGS plane I have is a P40 (if my plane goes over 150mph I get a nosebleed )
    Yes I've read the PM - arrgghh more paperwork

I'm late to this thread but I can bring down some planes for the games. I'm thinking in particular about my Kangaroo for the coastal game and maybe my 0/400. Skafloc has seen my collection so if he has any suggestions of what I can bring...

Just avoiding the wait to get in will be worth the trouble.
    We could squeeze the Kangaroo in, but I think I've got enough maritime aircraft otherwise. However, if you lads want to bring along a favourite plane for the early WW1 game then fill yer boots.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    We could squeeze the Kangaroo in, but I think I've got enough maritime aircraft otherwise. However, if you lads want to bring along a favourite plane for the early WW1 game then fill yer boots.
    Can I take it from this Steve, that you have enough Maritime aircraft without the need for me to brink more than the one that I am flying? As John is giving me a lift down I don't want to encumber him with a load of extra kit.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Can I take it from this Steve, that you have enough Maritime aircraft without the need for me to brink more than the one that I am flying? As John is giving me a lift down I don't want to encumber him with a load of extra kit.
    Rob.

I have two Albatros W4, one HB W12, two HB W29, one KDW, and the promise of a Staaken floatplane, against two Felixstowes, two Sopwith Babies, a Hamble Baby, a Hanriot HD2, a Short 184 and a coastal airship. I think that should be enough to keep the great unwashed masses happy for a couple of hours.

At the mo the early wars game is relying on 3 E.IIIs, an E.IV, the new Albatros D.II, an SSW, 3 DH2s, 3 Moranes, an FE8, a Pfalz A.I and if I can get them done in time a BE2C, a shorthorn and a Caudron. However, if you have got something interesting for early war, feel free to bring it along, but don't bring masses of stuff.

Thanks Steve.
    I'll probably just bring my Baby, and Kyte's Dh4 then, as most of the stuff I need to bring is for Neil's WWII games.
    Rob.

Might have to slip my captured N.17 into the bag ...

I'll bring a gunbus and BE2c.

I'll bring my biscuit tins, If you dont need them, no matter.
    they have all my early stuff.
    I will also bring my new 1 1/2 strutter if I finish it in time, to go at the Zep

Thanks Steve.
    I'll probably just bring my Baby, and Kyte's Dh4 then, as most of the stuff I need to bring is for Neil's WWII games.
    Rob.
    DH4?? DH2 surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    I'll bring a gunbus and BE2c.
    That reminds me - I've got a Gunbus somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    I'll bring my biscuit tins, If you dont need them, no matter.
    they have all my early stuff.
    I will also bring my new 1 1/2 strutter if I finish it in time, to go at the Zep
    What Zep?

Steve you want me to bring the laminated cockpits for WW1 ?

Chris, that would be handy, thanks. I was looking for the ones that I produced for Origins without success, so knocking out more was on my 'to do' list.

DH4?? DH2 surely?
    Yes Steve DH2. Slip of the mind. It's the aluminium pans you know.
    Rob.

too many event threads.
    First one I get to since Derby and no Zeppelin
    Ho hum....next time perhaps

too many event threads.
    First one I get to since Derby and no Zeppelin
    Ho hum....next time perhaps
    Don't worry John. You will be closer to a Zeppelin and for far longer than you could ever have imagined.
    Rob.

I forgot to mention our stand is GM07, over to the right on the plan

I forgot to mention our stand is GM07, over to the right on the plan
    Not too far from the doors or the toilets then Steve.
    Rob.

Can we confirm the scenario/missions we are putting on at SALUTE please?

WW2 is a BoB scenario/mission run by myself.
    Rob is bringing his Zeppelin, are we doing a Zeppelin scenario/mission as I was under the impression I was running that too?

Just so we are not bringing down hoards of stuff that is not required.

Cheers, Neil

Can we confirm the scenario/missions we are putting on at SALUTE please?

WW2 is a BoB scenario/mission run by myself.
    Rob is bringing his Zeppelin, are we doing a Zeppelin scenario/mission as I was under the impression I was running that too?

Just so we are not bringing down hoards of stuff that is not required.

Cheers, Neil
    Game 1 10am-12 noon - early WW1. Bring a favourite crate if you have one, but I should be bringing enough to keep the punters occupied - see post 156 for the general flavour, but Gunbusses will replace Caudrons and Be2s
    Game 2 - 12-2pm - Marine WW1. Again see post 156 for runners and riders.
    Game 3 - 2pm - beer o'clock - BoB.

I see no mention of using a Zeppelin anywhere (nor can I see where Rob said he was bringing it), so unless the hunnish swine are going to use it in the Battle of Britain.......

Rob, you are never too far from the doors and toilets at Salute, although on occasion for some punters it seems it is a little too far from a shower however.

Anyone got a stand suitable for a flip chart that they can bring to the show?
    Rob.

Cheers Rob.

Anyone got a stand suitable for a flip chart that they can bring to the show?
    Rob.

Hi chaps, I have dug out the wife's easel, but it is damaged unfortunately.
    the clamp pieces that hold canvases in place are missing.

Don't worry we'll go with plan Z, chits and the Mark I Eyeball.

Neil

Hi chaps, I have dug out the wife's easel, but it is damaged unfortunately.
    the clamp pieces that hold canvases in place are missing.

Boney10, Skafloc, FO Kyte, Flying Helmut, johnbiggles - just PM'd you. Let me know if you didn't get the PM as it all went a bit strange when I went to send it.

Also, I have a couple of the Lancaster Specials (without boxes) I can let go for WW2 game prizes if you need them

Just got the PM and responded to your call centre (lol). See you Saturday. Prizes would be most welcome and I'll work something out for winning them.

Neil

Just got the PM and responded to your call centre (lol). See you Saturday. Prizes would be most welcome and I'll work something out for winning them.

Neil
    You have a choice - covered in dust, or not covered in dust

?? Now you have me confused.

Neil

You have a choice - covered in dust, or not covered in dust

Got my message and acknowledged thanks Steve.
    Rob.

?? Now you have me confused.

Neil
    They have been sitting on a shelf, so I can either dust them off, or the winners get to keep the dust.......

Got the message Steve and pm you back. See you chaps Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Got the message Steve and pm you back. See you chaps Saturday
    Ditto!!!

I'll bring me feather duster. Cheers again.

Neil

They have been sitting on a shelf, so I can either dust them off, or the winners get to keep the dust.......

I'd bring a vacuum cleaner Neil!
    Rob.

Hurrah! I've got a pass!

I'll be bringing number one son and one of his little mates to Salute so won't be a lot of use (no change there then) but I look forward to catching up with you chaps during the course of the day.

Good news Dave. I look forward to seeing you.
    Rob.

Right, everything's packed and ready to roll, look forward to seeing all you intrepid aviators tomorrow.

I've had my rigger and fitter working on the old 'bus all week, just a quick instrument test flight before dusk, and I shall be ready for tomorrow's dawn patrol.
    I just hope my observer/gunner arrives back from the estaminet on time!!!

Here's to busting my salute cherry, see you tomorrow.

Yes Si.
    See you on the morrow.
    I'm all packed and ready to fly.
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_terrain View Post
    Here's to busting my salute cherry, see you tomorrow.
    Me & Ajay too ! See you in the morning chaps

Safe journeys and enjoy yourselves at Salute.

Have a brilliant day gentlemen, am gutted to miss 'the big one' but beyond the range of my fuel tanks I'm afraid.

Thanks to everyone who turned up at Salute and made today a success.

Cant wait to see the pictures guys, always like to see what I've missed

Good to see so many of our chaps in one place & to meet those chaps from further afield. Thanks to all for being there. Thankyou Wingco for my I shall wear it with pride ! Big thankyou to Steve for getting the show on the road - well done that man
    "There's a bloke works down the chip shop who swears he's Rudolf..." we got it in the end !

Good morning Chaps.
    Now that I have had a good nights sleep, I can start to gather my faculties and begin to consider the splendid day we all had at Salute.
    First a big thank you to all those who attended, and to those who arranged the games, brought the equipment, or just went that extra mile to ensure the success of the event.
    A special mention must go to my Aide, Maurice (JohnBiggles) Baring, who got up at some ungodly hour just to ensure that his Wingco got to London. He not only entertained me during the entire journey, but gave me my first and second trip over the Albert bridge. I was cordially received by his good lady who plied me with a much needed cup of tea at the end of what proved to be a truly memorable day, in which I managed to score more victories than ever before at a show. Three shot down, and one shared, plus only being on fire twice in three games which was also a first.
    The culmination of the day with a massive German bomber raid on our chip shop will long remain with me even though the last bomber did get through to destroy it, ending up as a pile of burning wreckage on top of said building. For ten Spitfires and Hurricanes to take down that lot with only five losses was indeed a credit to the young pilots who handled their planes so expertly, despite my telling them to attack the bombers with the Hurries, and the Me 109s with the Spits, and then promptly ignoring the edict myself, by getting my Hurricane embroiled with a 109.
    As soon as I can I will post my photos of the day in "A Kyte's eye view as usual.
    Rob.

Was awesome to meet you folks, Dave we never met? Never made it to the sub hunt, was to busy harassing boney (Edit: this was actually johnbiggles, so you were right to look puzzled when I said I'd pm'ed you previously, but Chris did give me a warm welcome.) and Tim over spray paints, cheers for the help lads, from the colour blind massif. and realised at 2pm that I'd only seen half the stalls. I heard from the guys at marquee models that one of their guys was running wings and sails, didn't have time to drop by. Think I'll organise myself better next year...
    One FE2b on the score sheet. Wingco's inflammability was a sight to behold, would you like another zero with that sir!
    Last edited by Twisted_terrain; 04-13-2014 at 13:06.

Good to see you Si.
    Yes please. I will take all the zeros I can get especially whilst on fire.
    I must admit that in the second game, putting out the fire by landing in the sea was a first for me though.
    Rob.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Salute 2014 - stand up and be counted
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 09:57
  2. Anyone going to Salute tomorrow?
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 15:00
  3. Salute to Thomatchef!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club