Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2nd Generation WW1 Solo Decks

I did this too but would rather have it out of my hands. I've already chosen my cards and I am trying to beat the AI planes, I don't want my choice of AI maneuvers to make it easier for me to get the edge. I don't trust my subconscious inner workings!

I get that but there is no edge to get - whatever the next card is you could reasonably judge which sector the aircraft would be in - after that the charts decide same as your new ones will. They look very nice by the way

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

After you have chosen your own cards, knowing where you are flying, being able to decide which row to roll on for the AI plane can make a big difference. I've made it random when I had to choose. It came up quite a bit for me so I made the new charts. I'm sure few will try them as we all have our own way, and with the new diceless system about to be finalized they might never be used.

I understand what you're saying Peter though I think you misunderstood what I said. I know which sector the target will be in as I know where the next card played will be just by looking at the targets situation, that's the same for any aircraft, AI v AI is also played don't forget - There are then only two rows to roll on, it's either closing or its not, the subsequent roll then decides the actions of the AI not my choice of which row. Maybe this explains why I get shot down so much ?!
    If you don't use the predictive game then your charts will be needed by those using the 2nd gen arrangement to cover that gap (and keep them honest from the sounds of it !!)

I'm pretty sure I got your drift. I just prefer having it out of my influence. I know some that would look at the charts to see what the AI can do before choosing their own cards. Blasphemy! Heretics!
    Some do tend to make it easier on themselves but I lean the other way. I'd much rather have a tougher AI opponent so when I do win it is more rewarding.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Advanced Solo Charts for all decks except J and bombers
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 15:14
  2. The next generation.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 14:09
  3. Another of the glorious generation passes.
    By Baldrick62 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 05:35
  4. 3rd Generation WoG Gamer
    By Doug in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 11:20
  5. Fifth Generation Fights
    By Canuck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 19:55