In a RFC flight office, somewhere in France. Early Evening
Colonel Hart Wing Commander
Captain Smyth Acting Squadron Leader A flight
Captain Frederickson Flight leader C flight

Hart "Glad to see you back Smyth, fit to fly I take it?"
Smyth "Yes thank you Sir"
Hart "Good, good. Got a job for you. Could be a bit nasty I'm afraid"
Smyth "That bridge again?"
Hart "Yes, quite. As you know the chaps from the Artillery have been banging away at the area since you brought those plates back, and now the general wants to know how effective it's all been"
Smyth "Very good Sir, I'll fly it myself with Lt Jones of course; I know the area, and Michael is the best chap with a camera in the flight"
Hart "Good man, Good man, well to make sure, I've asked Captain Frederickson here to lend you one of his Vickers, sort out that Hun if he shows up again"
Frederickson "One of my chaps had a brush with one of these fellows last week, he's itching to have another go, and his observer was a weapons artificer, so there should be no problems with guns jamming,what! Yes, Sgts Jenkins and Strong, Strong is our best shot as well, keeps the mess well stocked with rabbits, what!"
Smyth "If I may Sir, is there any news of replacement Aircraft for A flight? And replacements for Hall and Baker?"
Hart "You are being sent a new pilot next week. He's to pick up a Be2 from the Royal Aircraft Factory and bring it out to you"
Smyth "Thank you Sir, but I am short of two aircraft at the moment, Flying Officers Carr and Johnson are due a bit of leave. They could fetch another Be2 over at the same time."
Hart "Well , if they are due some leave, by all means let them have some, but I'm afraid you won't be getting onother Be2 that soon, these new Eindeckers are shooting us down quicker than the RAF can build new ones."
Frederickson "Desperate times, what?"
Hart "Desperate indeed. Well best of luck gentlemen, I must be off, the General wants to be kept up to speed, and he keeps a damn fine cellar don't you know."
Smyth "Thank you Sir, John, will you join me in the mess for a drink? I believe we are having chicken later"
Frederickson "Hah! Yes, don't mind if I do, getting a bit sick of rabbit to tell the truth, what?"