Ares Games

Thread: First miniature

Question First miniature

For those who use miniatures, what was your first mini purchase and did you get your first victory (kill) with this plane?
    Since I'm fairly new to the Aerodrome, let me know if this question has already been asked.
    My first mini was the Goering Fokker D.VII (real surprise there) and I scored my first kill on my first sortie with that plane.

Scott

hello Scott i just knew your son
    in "reporting for duty" forum

my first miniatures were the deluxe set of WWI and i did my first flight with Udet albatross DVA.unfortunately my first kill was the F.Baracca's spad

Hagenbach

My first two miniatures are Rickenbackers Spad XIII and Schäfers Fokker D.VII.

My first kill will be hopefully on saturday with Rickenbacker in my very first game.

Wish me luck!

My first victory was with Ernst Udet's Albatros D.Va mini (I bought Wings of War WWI Miniatures Deluxe Set) My first extra miniatures were:

- Ernst Udet's Fokker DVII
    - Flick 23/D's UFAG C.I

A.

Good luck, Kevin. The Spad XIII is a fun plane to fly but remember that speed is it's best weapon. Avoid a turning fight when you're in combat and you can score your first kill. The Immelmann is the best way to quickly change direction, so use it wisely.

Scott

Users Country Flag

Name
    Keith Todd
    Sorties Flown

The Roland C was my first purchase and my gunner got my first kill!!

Keith

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matias
    Sorties Flown

Hi!
    My first mini was the Galland´s 109, I could´t resist it.
    "If there is a game with this model I must play it"

My very first kill with this plane was a spitfire, and then a B17...

Ups, I thik I missed something...
    I wrote about my very first plane, and it was WWII plane
    My first WWI plane fas the spad of Rickenbacker, and my first kill was a AIRCO D.H. 4 ( funy, but we have a suplus of allied planes in the club..)
    Last edited by Galland; 07-15-2010 at 19:11.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matias
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Goering Ace View Post
    Good luck, Kevin. The Spad XIII is a fun plane to fly but remember that speed is it's best weapon. Avoid a turning fight when you're in combat and you can score your first kill. The Immelmann is the best way to quickly change direction, so use it wisely.

Scott
    Yap, its true..
    I had a Spad, and I love the faster it can be, and the immelmanns it does!

My first mini was all of Series I, and I have no clue which plane I blooded in for the first time.

I too got all of Series 1 in one go. Can't remember which aircraft drew first blood, but I do remember in our first game my Richthofen DR.1 had a short but fiery career.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Matias,
    You didn't miss anything. The post wasn't specific to WWI planes, so it was nice to see a WWII first mini story. Just so happens that there were three series of WWI minis out before the first WWII mini's, so most of us had a WWI plane as the first of the collection.

Scott

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matias
    Sorties Flown

thanks Scott.

In my case the game was in the other way, first bougth and played WWII then WWI.

Hi Scott - My first plane was your namesakes Fokker D.VII he was blooded fairly quickly but since then has shown a disturbing tendancy to catch fire and/or blow up - however, last time out he biffed a Snipe in very quick order & returned to base with a reasonable level of damage. He is known (of course) as Fat Herman.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Hagenbach

My first games are over. Sadly, there was no kill for me...

Instead my plane was shot down several times. But that doesn´t mean, that I did not enjoy the games. It was fun!

The game ist very fluid. Next time we will use the more complex rules.

My goal ist to get some kills for Rickenbacker!

Is it possible to have a twelve-way tie for "first", as I preordered the whole of WW1 Series 1?

I haven't gotten any of the miniatures, yet. My first kill with someone else miniatures was a Spitfire downing a Me109. A lot more kills with cards. Now with 2 or 3 players with miniatures, we'll get them up and fighting more often.

Henry

Hello, My 1st was Nieuport 23. I went down in flames but first shooting down an Albatros D.III. I think it was Voss.

Tom

Cmdr Awesome

My first plane was the Messerschmitt BF 109 E-4, and made a kill with it each of two initial games in a free-for-all with a heavy Brit somethingorother and a Zero.

Monticus

Well havent had my first game yet, planned for next weekend. It's going to be a training flight with my Albatros D.va (Weber) Vs Albatros D.iii (Voss). Should be interesting.

I got 6 of series one as a last minute "panic buy" at a games convention (in Falkirk I think), had been there all day and hadn't spent a penny, and I had to buy something, well Anything before I headed home.
    Can't recall which aircraft I got, but it was £60 for 6 and I didn't get any Triplanes.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Scott Edwards
    Sorties Flown

My first plane was the Sopwith Camel "Barker" but I haven't used this yet as I have been flying a Fokker DR1 and scored a kill in my first game.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 116
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 14:45
  2. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 02-09-2018, 18:18
  3. Worst miniature in the game
    By Air Battle Mgr in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 08:29
  4. Miniature Spares ?
    By Zeewulf in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 20