Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need someone to make a file for the site.

I think you swapped the Hanriot and the Aviatik. Hanriot HD1 should be 'F' while Aviatik is the 'Q'.

Thanks, Peter. I made the changes on the Excel sheet, accordingly. I will upload a new sheet once I hear about any more mistakes, etc.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

If you want a deck for the really slow planes (IE: Caproni Ca.1, 120 kph), you could use the XDs deck I did up with Andrea's [Angiolilo] guidance (on this thread):

Images here: Maneuver Deck - XDs

This deck would work for more than just the Caproni, perhaps the Gotha III, too?

PS: I have a scanner and could do templates of the cards, rather than the Ares artwork.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Great, Mike. Thanks. I will add it to the second version of the Excel sheet when I add non-released planes. I will label this deck as XDs.

If anyone can verify this deck for the Gotha III, that would be appreciated.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Great, Mike. Thanks. I will add it to the second version of the Excel sheet when I add non-released planes. I will label this deck as XDs.

If anyone can verify this deck for the Gotha III, that would be appreciated.
    Eric,
    I linked the thread where I created this deck under the direction of the game designer. He OK'ed the proof card, and I did up the deck. Check the thread, if you want to confirm it.

I was also doing up the General Overview of WWF/WGF minis, and that was were I added in using existing minis for yet-to-be-produced planes. So, the Sopwith Snipe for the Pup, the Caproni Ca.3 for the Ca.1, and the Gotha V for both the Gotha III and IV (these are all within 5 kph and the same length and wingspan).

We could add them into your spread sheet, too?
    Mike

Hi Mike,

I already added the XDs deck and Caproni Ca. 1 - nice work, by the way.

For the Pup and two Gotha versions, are you suggesting using the associated decks, or associated decks with 4mm reductions to the arrows?

Thanks for your input.

The Gothas could all use the same deck, as they are all within 5 kph, unless they cross a speed band. Really don't think that little difference in speed is a biggy. Keep the Gotha V deck for all.

The Sopwith Pup uses the "D" Deck, according to the Unofficial Stats Committee.

PS: Latest card for a Pup: Link
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 10-16-2014 at 23:28. Reason: card for Pup
    Mike

Mike, do you know where there is a file of the unofficial stats? If not, I will search for it. Thanks.

Mike, do you know where there is a file of the unofficial stats? If not, I will search for it. Thanks.
    I found it here: Link

If you haven't seen it, this is where I messed up trying to sort out minis to theaters (not as good as Dan-Sam's WWII list): Link
    Mike

Thanks, Mike.

Have you seen this one? http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=1995

Eric,
    I think I snagged that one when it was posted. The XDs deck is 4mm slower than the XD deck, so 2.5cm arrow length.

Checking speeds, and the numbers were 83 mph for the Gotha III and IV, and 87 mph for the Gotha V. The Caproni Ca.1 was 75 mph, and the Ca.3 was 85. So, all the Gothas would use the XD deck, along with the Ca.3, and the Ca.1 would be the XDs.

Interesting. Checking on bomber speeds and types, the Handley Page 0/100 was supposed to be walking speed, with the 0/400 less than the above planes according to the maneuver decks. The Wikipedia gives the 0/400 as 95 mph? Must be the empty weight, if the game designers didn't make a mistake.
    Mike

Born out of post #16 of this thread Eric ! Can't open yours, apparently can't read xlsx.

Hi Dave,

I am just finishing the second version, and will upload it in both formats - Excel and .pdf.

I am using images for the cards, and have gone through each card deck I own as a double check. It has been instructive for me, thus far. I gained a sense of the SPAD XIII's speed and the maneuverability of the Fokker D.VII from game play (especially OTT), but doing this has given me a better feel for other planes with which I do not have much playing experience.

I uploaded version 2 of the aircraft-maneuver card matrix here - http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2007

This is in .pdf format.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I will start adding unofficial aircraft in the near future, and will start a similar matrix for WGS.

For the Nexus/Ares planes i think you missed the Roland CII, K deck. Great looking file.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    For the Nexus/Ares planes i think you missed the Roland CII, K deck. Great looking file.
    It's there under LFG Roland C.II

This raises a good question about prefixes. Should I go with SE5a, Roland C.II, etc.? I did so with DH4.

Always start with the builder. LFG Roland is the firm, as is AIRCO/De Havilland.

Otherwise it's gonna get WAY too confusing keepinng "Which D.III is Which, Albatros or Pfalz?" straight--it's not like comparing Boeing/Douglas/Lockheed-Vega builds of the B-17F design. LOL

It's there under LFG Roland C.II

This raises a good question about prefixes. Should I go with SE5a, Roland C.II, etc.? I did so with DH4.
    Sorry, my bad habit of not looking for the builder. Diamondback is right in listing it that way.

If someone has time, please double-check the correctness of the maneuver decks in this spreadsheet. This has every deck for WGS, and the number of each maneuver card for each deck. I am not concerned about layout, etc. at this point; I am only concerned about accuracy of information. Thanks

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2008

I will add aircraft info and pictures of each maneuver during the coming week.

I will layout the final document in different formats to facilitate user need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 23:50
  2. Looking for File
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 14:34
  3. WGFE: Camel File, The
    By Womble in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 10:26
  4. to make or not to make decals
    By johnandtricia in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 21:39
  5. Site: Wings of Glory Aerodrome and Buckeye Gamers In Flight make it onto the Ares site!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 05:43