Ares Games
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pilot Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    You are doing a grand job Kelly.
    Do you think you will finish all these current aircraft cards, before I finish my WWI by day thread in November 2018?
    Rob.
    added Paul Baumer and Francesco Baracca to the list. If I don't have any photo issues should have them up in a timely manner.
    War is hell Commander but 2018 would at least be an obtainable goal.....

Caodou, Madon and Baracca are in the moderation queue.

Love this one

Great pic of il Maggiore Baracca!

Mau

Just wanted to add a note here that I am still around. We decided to start a winter project of totally remodeling the kitchen. That is where I have been for the last few weeks.....in the kitchen.....literally.
    Planes are starting to pile up on my desk as well. I just hope the paint jars haven't dried up.

Good to have you back Kelly.
    I'm about to embark on re modelling Mrs K's sewing room, so I understand full well why you have been absent.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Ah, aren't those winter projects so much fun. Gives us a break from the yard projects of the spring, summer and fall
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Ah, aren't those winter projects so much fun. Gives us a break from the yard projects of the spring, summer and fall
    Karl
    With my kitchen finally done, I welcome the yard projects.

But before it gets to warm and I am out in the yard, I just uploaded four new cards. They are currently in the moderation queue.

The newly added pilots are:

Hans Joachim von Hippel
    Paul Baumer
    Ludwig Weber
    Hans Kirschstein

Example:

And as always, please let me know if anyone notices any errors on them. Next up will be some more Entente pilots.

Nice cards to add, and sewing room done. What more can a man require other than more planes and a G&T!
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chum View Post
    And as always, please let me know if anyone notices any errors on them. Next up will be some more Entente pilots.
    I think it's "Bäumer" with two funny umlaut dots on the a.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinweasel View Post
    Yes, his name is properly spelled with an umlaut. Interestingly enough, Paul Bäumer was also the name of the central character from the novel "All Quiet on the Western Front" (Original German: "Im Westen nichts Neues" (Nothing new in the West)).

Yes, I suspect that Remarque used the pilot's name as inspiration for his main character. Great job on the pilot cards btw; much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinweasel View Post
    Honestly I have never given the dots that much thought. How do you type one? I am not sure the font I use will even let me do it.....unless there is some standard way in relation to all fonts.

To type it in WORD, try pressing the CONTROL key and then ":" and "a" in succession.

Honestly I have never given the dots that much thought. How do you type one? I am not sure the font I use will even let me do it.....unless there is some standard way in relation to all fonts.
    In HTML & most other windows-compatible keyboards, you should depress the ALT key, and then the numbers zero, two, two, eight from the number pad (not the numbers row above the standard keyboard), with the NumLock key off. That will give you the a-umlaut, thusly: ä . BTW, for other glyphs, this site is handy: http://www.nouilles.info/keyboard_shortcuts.html

Oh, and Baumer, without the umlaut, is pronounced pretty much like the english BOW-mer; with the umlaut, its pronounced more like BOI-mer.

Thanks Sam! I create these cards using Excel so figured your tip would not work. the ALT-0228 worked like a champ. Thanks again!

I will update his card in the file section.

This guy got his first victory on my birthday! Of course not the same year as I would be 98 years old.

Mario Fucini is one of 6 pilots slated for the next round of cards.

Others are:
    Raymond Collishaw
    Robert Little
    Roderic Dallas
    Silvio Scaroni
    Willie Coppens

The pilots in the above thread have been uploaded and are in the moderation queue.

This is really becoming a superior series of cards Kelly.
    Rob.

Thanks Rob.......I believe there are a total of 44 cards so far.

Thanks Rob.......I believe there are a total of 44 cards so far.
    That certainly is a labour of love Kelly, and far beyond the call of duty.
    Rob.

Updated Eddie Rickenbacker's card to show his Nieuport 28.

And here's another example of someone who is working for the benefit of the community. Good on ya, Kelly.

Sorry its been awhile. been very busy but did find some time to get a few cards done this past summer.

In the moderation queue is the following:
    Frank Luke Jr.
    Karl Sabeditsch
    Karl Turek
    Linke Crawford

Just like Ares, I could not find anything more on Sabeditsh and Turek than what they had so went with their info.

Up next:
    Hermann Göring
    Oswald Boelcke
    Rudolf Stark

Should be plenty of info on these pilots. I also have on the slate after this group to go back to the Breguet pilots. Will see how I fair when I get to them.

No need to apologize Kelly, I'm just grateful that you are continuing with this project.
    Rob.

Thank you for all your hard work producing these cards, Kelly.

From the link that Sam provided me in his post for using umlaut's, I went back through the cards and found some typos with some of them.
    I have updated the following cards to fix the ö and é:
    Ludwig Weber
    Hans Kirschstein
    Josef Veltjens

Just about got the Fokker D.VII pilots done. Oswald Boelcke from the list above will be after that. Hugo Schafer from the WOW series will be added to the other Fokker D.VII pilots.

Also did a quick run through search on the Breguet pilots....I think these will be pretty tough to find info about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Thank you for all your hard work producing these cards, Kelly.
    Thanks David.....They have been a lot of fun to make. I have just uploaded the Fokker DV.II pilots. In the moderation queue awaiting approval.

The cards are:
    Hermann Göring
    Gotthard Sachsenberg
    Hugo Schafer
    Rudolf Stark

Edit: I first uploaded Goring's card to show here in this post and noticed a typo on it. I will replace it with a corrected one once it is approved from the moderation queue
    Last edited by Captain Chum; 11-29-2015 at 22:11.

Just saw these for the first time....great stuff.

Thanks gents.....just added a couple more to the moderation queue.

Rudolf Szepessy-Sokoll
    Oswald Boelcke

Harold Hartney and Ralph O'Neill cards are in the moderation queue.

Four more cards in the moderation queue awaiting approval.
    All cards are located in the WW1-Fan Artwork section.

Friedrich "Fritz" Kempf
    Egbert Cadbury/Robert Leckie
    Robert Soubiran
    Georges Guynemer

Having a little more time to spend on more cards.....doing research for Alexander Kazakov. It looks like to me he never flew the snipe rather Nieuports. From what I can find, Ares added a sentence to the end of his profile as the snipe was used as his primary aircraft and used it when he died during an airshow. What gives? Was the airshow the only time he flew this aircraft?

Trying to finish up the Snipes....does anyone have info or a link on Clement Verner Ryrie? At the moment having some difficulty finding anything on him.

Baz (Gully_raker) asked that exact question on the Aerodrome Form in 2008 - have a look at this link. I haven't found much else on him.

"He is wise who watches"

I can't find anything other than what Dave mentioned above.

Me neither.
    Rob.

Thanks for the link Dave.

Spent a couple more hours on it this evening. I figure I can fill space on the card mentioning info on the AFC 4th Squadron. Then their is the problem of finding an image of him. Even went the squadron group and 4th Infantry Battalion route and no luck. I also tried searching using his "Nickname" ....... no luck

Can't seem to find anything on his snipe except for the Nexus version. Would be interesting where they got the scheme of his plane from.

Thanks gents for helping me with the search....I will keep looking but this one might be a dead end.

Updated Roderic Dallas' card to add his SE5a plane from WOW.

Also a few more in the moderation queue.

Bartlett/Naylor

The Snipes:

Alexander Kazakov
    Gigoriy Saponhnikov
    Thomas Baker

Ryrie is still a bust.

I have a few more done however the excel workbook I was doing them in, all the imagery shifted and shrunk and I can not figure out how to fix it. Created a new workbook. I had to redo some of the cards I just uploaded....should have the Fokker pilots as soon as I can redo them.

Updated Raymond Collishaw card....added his Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter.

It pays to be up-to-date!

Impressive work. I applaud thee sir!

Thank you Philip!

3 more added to the moderation queue.

Erich Lowenhardt
    Karl Scharon
    Theodor Osterkamp

3 more added to the moderation queue.

Hans Klein
    Fritz Höhn
    Max Holtzem

Fantastic work again, Kelly!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks gents,
    2 more added to the moderation queue:

Joseph Boudwin and William Bishop

Purchase price for these is?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 15:51
  2. New Pilot
    By chrisdevorisne in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 06:12