Ares Games

Thread: Jasta 19 in action

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Default Jasta 19 in action

after completing my first two repaints, I got them in the air asap and it would seem that both of the new pilots were not ready for action. The affair was a miserable result for the Germans. We played two missions, the first a bombing run and the second a dogfight between two Fokkers and two Camels. Pictures of the encounters are HERE

Thanks for posting that. Some good pictures there Alex. I expect the Allies were chuffed with the result.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice pics, looks like it was a fun game!

hello Alex, nice pics!
    what do you use to make the "field"?its a nice terrain effect.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Hi Guys, yes it was a real fun game, except for when one of my planes took a nose dive and the other crashed in flames whilst trying to flee the scene... It seemed as though I was shooting for ages and not hitting a single thing... Talk about not hitting barn doors at twenty paces...

Lorenzo, the matt came from Terrain Matts, based here in the UK: http://www.terrainmat.com/
    They're a bit pricey and take a while to make but well worth both the cost and the wait... My friend also got a star map one from them and that is equally good.

Gorgeous pictures!

I initially planned to leave my Kempf unaltered too, but it turns out once you paint up the others you have to at least paint in the triangle on the tail to make him look right...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Todd, actually, I haven't got around to painting Rahn's plane to match the others (ie lengthening the fuselage and painting over the national insignia as per Dom's instructions). I painted the other two when I was working away last week and didn't have Rahn's plane to hand. I was considering doing the rest of Jasta 19 but after today's performance... I think it can wait!

Very nice work on the repaints, they look great.

Nice to see them in action. Don't worry about the unlucky start- there's an unwritten law somewhere that freshly painted miniatures never do well in their first outing. First time my D.III repaint got on the table it got damage every single turn .
    Aris K.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Greg and Aris, yes you're right. Whilst playing Rapid Fire I once fielded my new Panzer IIIs and two 88s. They were completely wiped out by four Russian BA-64s and 1 KV1... I'm sure it wasn't my tactics that were at fault, but the shiny new paint giving the position away!

Similar Missions

1. A quick after action report!
    By richard m schwab in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 18:58
  2. My first after action report
    By Anav in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 14:25
  3. Repro Engines in action.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3