Ares Games
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hangar Tray Update

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    It's starting to seem like it might be more efficient for me to bake in an assumption of "One Tray Per Sculpt", if Ares doesn't skip over Series 3 on reprints. So four trays per series would mean four series plus a Ground Crew tray per bag with room to spare for accessories...
    Don't forget the ground crew tray (assuming Keith does these too). I have found them to be most useful (hint...hint)
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    Do you have any price-estimations on the different bags?
    Here are the retail prices for the bags I'm looking at offering...

Sword: $37
    P.A.C.K. 432: $80
    P.A.C.K. 720: $105

Note that the latter two I have to ensure will work with the new trays first. I also plan to do a combo pack of trays and bags at a reduced price (if everything works out like I want it to).

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    It's starting to seem like it might be more efficient for me to bake in an assumption of "One Tray Per Sculpt", if Ares doesn't skip over Series 3 on reprints. So four trays per series would mean four series plus a Ground Crew tray per bag with room to spare for accessories...
    Ares is not skipping any of the reprints and from what I have been told, WGF will continue to have the 2+1 reprint format.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Don't forget the ground crew tray (assuming Keith does these too). I have found them to be most useful (hint...hint)
    Karl
    No worries Karl, the Ground Crew tray will be one of the new ones as well. I could not live with out mine either

LOOP

Great

So by my calculations the pricing will be somewhere around this:

4x 1.5" heavy trays = $60 (Takes up the space of 6 normal trays)
    12 x 1" normal trays = $144
    Sword 720 bag = $105

Total amount for storage solution = $309

Then I have to convert that into NZD which is roughly $408!!!

It's still my first option but a highly unachievable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    So by my calculations the pricing will be somewhere around this:

4x 1.5" heavy trays = $60 (Takes up the space of 6 normal trays)
    12 x 1" normal trays = $144
    Sword 720 bag = $105

Total amount for storage solution = $309

Then I have to convert that into NZD which is roughly $408!!!

It's still my first option but a highly unachievable option.
    Yeah, good storage is not cheap Like our mini collections, it's best to build the storage solution up over time. Think about which minis you really use all the time and get trays for them while keeping the lesser used minis in your current solution. As time and funds permit, pick up a couple more trays.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Yeah, good storage is not cheap Like our mini collections, it's best to build the storage solution up over time. Think about which minis you really use all the time and get trays for them while keeping the lesser used minis in your current solution. As time and funds permit, pick up a couple more trays.
    Good point but then I have a dilemma: Do I buy it all at once to save on shipping in the long run (shipping to NZ remember) or do I spend less each time on a few trays at a time and spend lots on shipping?

You can play around on the USPS website to see just how many shipments will compare to one large order. At least, once I have some weights to give you guys. That should be early next week sometime.

Looking forward to your bag review.

LOOP

Me to!!
    Don't know if I shall go for two Swordbags or one 720........

Problem.

I need them all now.

Actually, this past weekend would have been nice. One Rubbermaid tub with lid (containing a 12x12" beading box with my WWF cards and bits, two Michael's 14x14" scrap-booking boxes full of minis, my WGF RAP box, my WWF box full of cockpits, and a bunch of original-boxed minis), a small storage bin (Holding all my Bf-109s, Hurricanes, and Spitfires in their original boxes, damage chit Ziplock bins, bags of Booster pack A and B maneuver decks, flame/smoke markers, rule book, cockpits and pads. Oh! and a sea-scape "mat"), two boxes with clipper1801 accessories (never going to fit in any storage bag), and a few Ares play mats (again, never going to fit in a storage bag.

I piled all the above on one of these:

Name:  magnacart2sm.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  28.6 KB
    Links: CoolTools
    Officeworks.com.au - Folding Hand Truck

I could have taken my entire collection in one or two storage bags, and the Magnacart would have enabled it all to move around the hotel and convention center much easier. I had to leave lots of minis at home, like my balloons and bombers. This time. The stuff I did take nearly didn't fit through doors and into elevators.

Yeah, I need another job to support this habit. And there I was pushing the Ares version of crack-cocaine all weekend. I should be ashamed of myself. I have no morals, at all.

PS: Darn. I didn't mention my foam-core Display Board, at 24X36"(folded size). It fit against the Magnacart between the boxes and bins. Very awkward to maneuver around with, if you are holding luggage and bins.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 03-06-2015 at 00:04.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    Me to!!
    Don't know if I shall go for two Swordbags or one 720........
    I think the hard plastic side and options for extra pockets sells the 720 for me.

LOOP

Right now I keep all my minis, RAP and other stuff in a plasticbag.... Everything is better than that

Got the bottom foam samples yesterday...

And the top foam production samples where shipped out to me yesterday as well. I should have those about mid week next week. Then I'll combine the two and get you guys some real photos of a finished tray or two. If everything goes as it should, I'll be adding the trays to the site next weekend!

I've not heard back form my FLGS about the 432 and 720 bags yet. They typically get stuff in on Friday, so we'll see if they come in today or not.

Can't wait!!!

Well, the BF bags have not arrived yet, so I can't do a review on them. But, the top foam did arrive and the cuts and finishes on them look really great! There was a problem with the both two seater samples though, I apparently sent them an old version of the design to cut But it's not a huge deal as the others proved that their cutting matches mine and I just need to get them the correct files for production.

This weekend I plan on getting some photos of them and getting everything up on the AA site. I know not having all the bags reviewed causes and issue with some of you ordering and it keeps me from being able to work up some combo deals for you guys.

More to come over the weekend.

I'm going to wait until later this week to add these to the site for pre-orders. I really want to get the bags up with them to offer the combo deals. That will also give me time to talk with the factory about the changes to a couple of the designs.

For those of you that ordered the old style a long time ago and never got them, you will be getting a direct email from me later this week as well. It will detail how I will be resolving those old orders and how I am going to be compensating you for the very long delay. Thanks for sticking with me on these, I know you guys are going to be more than happy in the end.

In the mean time, here are some photos of the production trays for you to enjoy....

Those should give you a really good idea of how these are going to look in each of the different colors... which you get to chose on a tray by tray basis. I'm thinking I'll use red for all my axis planes, blue for the allied planes, yellow for my ground crew tray, and maybe blacks for the bombers. That would allow me to know which trays I need with just a quick glance without actually taking them out of the bag or uncovering them to see what planes are in the trays (at least I'll know what side's color I need to pull out).

Thanks for the update Keith.

They look amazing! Great job.

love it!!!

Will there still be the option to laser etch the side of a tray to even further differentiate the trays from one another?

Looking good Keith - I'd better start saving up as I need a fair few trays :

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    Will there still be the option to laser etch the side of a tray to even further differentiate the trays from one another?
    Engraving on the long side might be an option. My laser is not deep enough to engrave on the short side. I'll also have to figure out how to make a jig that would hold the trays on the long edge so that I could engrave there...

I'm going to wait until later this week to add these to the site for pre-orders. I really want to get the bags up with them to offer the combo deals. That will also give me time to talk with the factory about the changes to a couple of the designs.
    These look so good I'm thinking of replacing all of my old ones - especially if you can change the large two-seater tray so that it can carry 6 planes. Five planes with six card slots bothers my CDO*.

*CDO is the same thing as OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), but with the letters rearranged into proper alphabetical order.

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    These look so good I'm thinking of replacing all of my old ones - especially if you can change the large two-seater tray so that it can carry 6 planes. Five planes with six card slots bothers my CDO*.

*CDO is the same thing as OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), but with the letters rearranged into proper alphabetical order.
    There is just not room to fit 6 of the larger plane cutouts on a single tray. In fact, the two seater trays are getting a pretty major overall from what was posted back in post #130 (that was actually an old design that I posted by accident ). The extra card slot looks odd at first, but since two-seaters and small "bombers" will be going in this tray, that extra card slot allows you to keep your ground target and bomb cards with the planes and easily accessible.

There is just not room to fit 6 of the larger plane cutouts on a single tray. In fact, the two seater trays are getting a pretty major overall from what was posted back in post #130 (that was actually an old design that I posted by accident ). The extra card slot looks odd at first, but since two-seaters and small "bombers" will be going in this tray, that extra card slot allows you to keep your ground target and bomb cards with the planes and easily accessible.
    Good! The extra slot has a purpose. That's all I needed. Thanks!

Okay, I'm having to make a "Fast Fighters" tray because of their larger maneuver decks. But the problem is that their bases are the smaller size. Which would you guys prefer:

1. A separate cutout for both the base and cards in a tray that holds 3 planes.

With 3 planes per tray, you can store all of the official paint jobs on a single tray, and it will take 4 trays to store all 12 of the current Fast Fighter minis.

2. To store the smaller base on top of the cards (the base will slide around in that cutout) in a tray that holds 4 planes.

With 4 planes per tray, each tray will hold a different mix of plane types (or it could hold the 3 official minis and a repaint). It will take 3 trays to hole all 12 official planes in this configuration.

I'd prefer the 4 plane tray; you can put the base under the cards, and it shouldn't go anywhere.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    you can put the base under the cards, and it shouldn't go anywhere.
    Karl
    Good point. I'm actually not so worries about the base, but the plane card really. I guess it and the base were under the maneuver deck, things should be good. Heck, even some altitude pegs could fit under there.

And what about the bags?

Quote Originally Posted by CH_Brun View Post
    And what about the bags?
    Still working on that

And a new thread about ordering the new ACE Hangar Trays.

The ACE Hangar Trays for the giants are now available for pre-order.

**sigh* Looks too good to pass up. But I'm short on funds (again), too much holiday spending already.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Missions

1. Hanger tray size?
    By 101radioman in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 18:30
  2. KR New Bomber Tray a Review
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 10:21
  3. Wanted – Box and plastic tray for SPAD
    By Timmo UK in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds