Ares Games

Thread: Hanriot HD.1 Giorgio Michetti

Default Hanriot HD.1 Giorgio Michetti

Here's the Hanriot HD1 flown by Giorgio Michetti.

It was quite a straightforward repaint using Vallejo Light Yellow. Thanks Todd (Pseudotheist) for sharing this discovery on your Hanriot repaint post, it really is a great match. The decals are home made on clear paper applied over the top of some Shed Decals white circles.

Ian

A very attractive model Ian.
    I have also taken to using Shed white decals under anything with a light colour. It stops the muddy image effect that you can get through the lighter colours. I just wish that they did a plain white sheet, so that you could cut your own background shapes for those awkward motifs or wing cammo decals.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I just wish that they did a plain white sheet, so that you could cut your own background shapes for those awkward motifs or wing cammo decals.
    Rob.
    I have plenty of old offcuts of white decal paper if you want some? They do come in handy.

Ian

Thanks for the kind offer Ian.
    I actually have sheets of white Decal from Crafty Computers. Whilst their ordinary decal paper is fine, the white always leaves a visible edge, even after several treatments of Micro sol.
    With Shed, the white, as you know can have another layer applied over it and still blend in because it is so fine.
    That is why I would like some sheets of Shed.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I know exactly what you mean Rob, those white edges can be really annoying. To get around the problem I try to have the white decal fractionally smaller than the clear one so the clear decal covers the edges. This works well if the decal over the top has a strong outline. I need to try more with these Shed Decals, I only got these circles recently and I am impressed. They should open up all sorts of home made decals.

Similar Missions

1. 1/144 Hanriot HD.2
    By Burt in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 09:46
  2. WSF Hanriot HD.1
    By chimpchoker in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-12-2013, 01:41
  3. WSF Hanriot HD-1's
    By clipper1801 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 4