Ares Games

Thread: Zeppelins, Again!?

Default Zeppelins, Again!?

They keep haunting me, large, dark shadows slipping through the corners of the mind . . . too much time on my hands!

Five more, will they fly before Christmas? Will Santa bring a few good children a weapon of mass destruction for the holidays? Stay tuned . . .

Where will Santa find large enough stockings?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Where will Santa find large enough stockings?
    At my house?

Something tells me, dear Friend, you will find them.

If we can make December's scramble, your beauty will see combat. I will take pics for you. You are missed here.

Clipper, Clipper, Clipper... whatEVER will we do with you? *shakes head*

And... what are you gonna do if *I* ever find the blueprints to start building my L59 and L71, the biggest of the wartime ships? *cackle*

I do hope that one of those is powerful enough to cross the Atlantic Dave.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

<- trying desperately to *NOT* comment on Clipper's obsession with Long Cylindrical Objects... ;)

Hey, he isn't building post-1950's submarines yet, at least... (Pencil me in for a Red October if you do! )

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I do hope that one of those is powerful enough to cross the Atlantic Dave.
    Rob.
    Funny, one has a pair of extra cargo holds; one each for Gin of all things . . . and Tonic?

I think I could make these in my sleep by now . . .

I'm awaiting one of those!! It has been a while now since it was shipped but I must have patience and have thrust that it will arrive! Everyday I'm checking the mailbow to see if a package for me has arrived. So far no luck but the runway-lights are on and everything is ready to welcome this beauty and giant airship! I just hope that the pirates of the Belgium Customs didn't get a hold on it because then I can wait very long...

They are so beautifull and true pieces of art!

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Funny, one has a pair of extra cargo holds; one each for Gin of all things . . . and Tonic?
    You had better PM Kyte to let him know how much money to send to cover the price of the G&T Dave.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Hey, he isn't building post-1950's submarines yet, at least... (Pencil me in for a Red October if you do! )
    Well, he *is* also present at the docks, so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised if he suddenly develops an interest in [DEAR READERS: At this point, the post was Heavily Censored....]

Fins installed . . .

The serious painting stage . . .

With each build I try something new, here is the layered linen version, will look at more surface details on this one, including the 32+ station demarcations to be added as soon as I stop shaking, more eggnog! Or is it less . . .

Can't wait Dave.
    I'm getting more excited by the minute. Ever since I gamed with Neil's Zep at the World Championships I've been waiting to get my hands on one of my own.
    Rob.

Props! Always a lot of props!

Ready for the paint elves . . .

Trying to replicated the section lines . . . masking tape is stuck to a sheet of glass, painted tan, stripped into 3/32" wide strips. and applied to the zeppelin with careful aligning . . .

A look at the progress

The rest of the kids waiting adoptions . . .

Ready to install the props and oh, yikes! I forgot the guns-send for the gun elves!

Zoe's people get recruited to the Zeppelin corps!

Some get deployed to the top gun station

Some to the stern gun pit

And we are done! Build 7 of the Zeppelin saga comes to its close, just in time to drop some gifts over the Island to the north and west . . . Elves! Back to the ships!

Similar Missions

1. zeppelins
    By Captain Bigglesmay in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-13-2022, 08:49
  2. Zeppelins!
    By PunkReaper in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2015, 12:28
  3. WW I has zeppelins, what should we have in WW II?
    By Thomatchef in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-19-2015, 23:48
  4. WGF Clipper's New 1/144 Zeppelins!
    By clipper1801 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 12:12
  5. Zeppelins?
    By Redstarny in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 18:21