Ares Games

Thread: New Toy!

Default New Toy!

After work today I dropped in on the local plastic scale model show and scored this beauty! This should speed up the production a bit!

It is a DC powered collet chuck hand held drill/router. Should be fantastic for drilling those tiny bits! I have been wanting one of these for years, the Dremel is often too high a speed and too big a chuck, this one is just right! And since it is DC powered I can put it on a speed controller and dial in the exact speed I need : ) All for $20, oh yeah it has to be built . . .

Very good Dave.
    I'm sure that will save you lots of time and heartache.
    I keep looking at the ones in Hobbycraft and wondering if I can justify the price by the amount of usage it would get.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

A kit to help build kits - that's brilliant - Wouldn't it be ironic if you needed a router to complete the job ?!

LOL. I love the fact that it is a "model." I give Tamiya two thumbs up!

I don't dare imagine where this is going........"SPACE THE FINAL FRONTIER........."
    See you on the Dark Side......

Never seen one of those before.....neat.

Automation for the elves? Can't think of what will come out now but I know it will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    This should speed up the production a bit!
    Speed up production!?!?!?!?!?

They look and sound good. Will have to get one now

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    A kit to help build kits - that's brilliant - Wouldn't it be ironic if you needed a router to complete the job ?! :lol:
    "Yo, dog -- we heard you like to build kits; so we gave you a kit of something you can use to build kits! Now you can build kits while you're building kits!"

>:)

fastaviationdat

Wow! Tamiya it is! Thats a big help.

That's very interesting! I need to look into that myself!

That useful, and I love the idea it is in kit form.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Maybe it's a skill test; if you can't build the tool kit, you shouldn't be using it
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

If you have never seen or heard of this site check out MICROMARK. They have many things for hobbyists. I have orderd a few things from them and find what I have usefui.

Ditto on the MICROMARK reference, years ago I bought a micro drill chuck from them for my Dremel and it is one of my best buys since, now it slips into the same threads as my new drill! Way too cool! BTW the drill assembles quite easily and it works great. All my Dremel bits will fit it as well! What is very nice and I will be doing next will be to adapt it to my speed controller so I can go super slow or super fast for drilling, sanding and routering!