Ares Games

Thread: Colour Schemes

Default Colour Schemes

Not sure if it's okay to post up sites but I came across this:- http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww1/f/111/59/0

Which has loads of paint schemes and a ton of other "Bumff"

Thanks for the heads up, nice site. It did not have the plane I was looking for(Fokker D-VI). But will prove to be a useful site for some other planes I plan on building. Plus a great site for some repaint ideas.

Yep, that site has been listed on here a few times. It is also in the Sticky thread that list lots of good links.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, nice site. It did not have the plane I was looking for(Fokker D-VI).
    Greg, I'd be mightily interested in hearing your take on stats for the D.VI - going by the stats I have, it's a almost a clone of the Dr.I performance-wise.
    best regards
    Aris K.

Terrific site (once I learned how to use it.) Thanks Gaz!

Quote Originally Posted by Akosion View Post
    Greg, I'd be mightily interested in hearing your take on stats for the D.VI - going by the stats I have, it's a almost a clone of the Dr.I performance-wise.
    best regards
    Aris K.
    Aris K., I would agree with it's almost a clone of the Dr.1, performance wise. It was basically a Dr.1 fusalage and engine, combined with downsized D-VII wings. I am building a Reverisco kit and was looking for paint schemes. When I get home I will recheck the one reference I have for its performance and get back to you.

Aris,
    According the the one source I have, The only difference would be the D-VI is a bit faster, top speed about 122 mph at ground level. Which is kind of hard to explain, since they both weighed exactly the same and used the same engine. There were a few planes equiped with a 145hp(vs 110hp) engine, and those would have been quite a bit faster.
    Last edited by gregbond77; 07-11-2010 at 16:34. Reason: misinformation

Greg, my copy of Kroschel and Stutzer gives about the same: the D.VI is about 10 km/h faster than the Dr.I, probably because of the reduced drag of one less wing. Wonder if the reduced lift makes the D.VI less nimble...given the higher speed, maybe a C deck?
    There's a couple profiles of Jasta 80b D.VI at http://www.fun-modellbau.de/ww1-date...ny/Jasta80.htm , they should need very little work to photoshop onto WoW cards.
    best regards
    Aris K.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz67 View Post
    Not sure if it's okay to post up sites but I came across this:- http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww1/f/111/59/0
    This particular one is 100% pirate (taking images everywhere no matter the copyright) and quite full of mistakes in spellings and translations.
    But yes, quite rich of materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Akosion View Post
    Greg, my copy of Kroschel and Stutzer gives about the same: the D.VI is about 10 km/h faster than the Dr.I, probably because of the reduced drag of one less wing. Wonder if the reduced lift makes the D.VI less nimble...given the higher speed, maybe a C deck?
    There's a couple profiles of Jasta 80b D.VI at http://www.fun-modellbau.de/ww1-date...ny/Jasta80.htm , they should need very little work to photoshop onto WoW cards.
    best regards
    Aris K.
    I will check my reference and get back to you(as to less nimble), as I don't trust my memory. Thanks for the link to the two Jasta 80b profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    This particular one is 100% pirate (taking images everywhere no matter the copyright) and quite full of mistakes in spellings and translations.
    But yes, quite rich of materials.
    Thanks for the heads up, I won't use this site again.

No problem, I must confess that I have a look to it every now and then. But I ceased spreading the url and I never again post their images around, being not "their". Besides, be careful with the captions - typos and wrong translations are pretty common there.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    I will check my reference and get back to you(as to less nimble), as I don't trust my memory. Thanks for the link to the two Jasta 80b profiles.
    Aris K.,
    The source I'm using is "Fokker Aircraft of World War One" by Paul Leaman. Manfred von Richthofen, liked this aircraft. He thought it was light, easy to fly and very manoeuvrable. Fewer than sixty produced, some of the later planes had the 145hp Oberursal URIII engine. Seven were sent to Austro-Hungarian Army and may have seen active service at the end of the war.

Similar Missions

1. RFC colour schemes
    By IRM in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 06:37
  2. Baracca's SPAD XIII colour scheme
    By Arendal in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 16:45
  3. Paint schemes - great site
    By The Blue Baron in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5