Ares Games

Thread: Any Fokker Scourge campaigns?

Default Any Fokker Scourge campaigns?

Are there any Fokker Scourge campaigns, covering say, late 1915 to mid 1916? I was thinking about designing some, based of my "Early German Aces" book.

I guess I would need some of the early recon planes, such as the BE2 and such

None that are purpose designed as such that I'm aware of. However, pretty much most/many/any of the scenarios & campaigns about aren't really designed for any particular period or planes of the war (more or less) & should be pretty usable or adaptable for early war, particularly any that had to do with reconnaissance, directing artillery fire, that sort of thing.

Jason,

I am toying with the idea on having a mini campaign that starts with the Fokker scourge. I already have a couple of Vickers gunbus & Fe2bs and a Caudron G4. Some friends also have some more of those. I'm getting ready to order a couple of BE2cs & a Farman F40 from Shapeways. A friend will be picking up a Farman HF 30 at the same time.
    I haven't figured out what the scenarios will be but they should involve lots of pushers going down in flames.

Tim

Hi Jason, I've just seen this thread, I like the early stuff, and I've just run a day in spring 1915, ended up with a prototype EIII appearing. (A bit too early really should be summer)
    the first pilot was killed by ground fire, so not easy if you follow the rules, and play the characters right.
    really good fun though.
    Have a look in the AAR section

Lightbulb

Havent done a early campaign but I posted an AAR called "Stop the Scourge" featuring 3 Eindekkers, 2 x DH-2's, a Gunbus & an unarmed BE2 that might give you an idea for one mission.

The Avon flight have been running a campaign starting in Nov 1915 and we are currently in April 1916.
    Take a look in the Campaigns section Avon campaign.
    Any questions I'll be happy to answer

I'm starting a game that covers August 1915 to December 1915. Wings of Glory: Dawn of the Fighters

Lightbulb

Jason, you might like to sign up for the Early War solo campaign that will be starting soon. Check out the thread in the Campaign section.

Quote Originally Posted by nikiMcBee View Post
    Are there any Fokker Scourge campaigns, covering say, late 1915 to mid 1916? I was thinking about designing some, based of my "Early German Aces" book.

I guess I would need some of the early recon planes, such as the BE2 and such
    Check out my Wings of Glory: Dawn of the fighters

Scenarios 1 and 2 are up and both have Eindeckers...

Perhaps you shold try and join in the OTT early wars solo campaign. Its starting in mid 1915 ish.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Actually the OTT campaign that will be starting up will have a campaign start of January 1916. The dawn of the fighters starts August 1915 and ends December 1915.

Sorry, just thought it would have been useful to you, obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by WWIflyingace View Post
    Actually the OTT campaign that will be starting up will have a campaign start of January 1916. The dawn of the fighters starts August 1915 and ends December 1915.
    Is this confirmed? I was under the impression that we were starting somewhat earlier, so as simulate both the supposed Scourge, and it's "breaking."

Chuck is spot on Chris - post #1 in the early wars thread states it clearly - even more clearly now I have highlighted it ! - OTT ED starts Jan16 ends Oct17.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Chuck is spot on Chris - post #1 in the early wars thread states it clearly - even more clearly now I have highlighted it ! - OTT ED starts Jan16 ends Oct17.
    That will teach me to read things more carefully.

That was where my initial misunderstanding came from, as I thought we were starting mid 1915 ish.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Is this confirmed? I was under the impression that we were starting somewhat earlier, so as simulate both the supposed Scourge, and it's "breaking."
    Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    That was where my initial misunderstanding came from, as I thought we were starting mid 1915 ish.

Neil
    You fellows might want to get in on this mini-campaign if you want some Fokker Scourge/EARLY early war action. (I know I do!) Soon as I get a few appropriate aircraft knocked together.

My group is looking hard at incorporating early aircraft into our campaign... Production and use dates are critical, but it makes for a full "War" that flows well and has yet another unique look at the times. For some of us, it's really a lot of fun. "Das Phantom" aka Wayne

I posted an excel sheet that list the victories (1915) for early war aces. The information might be helpful to you.

Similar Missions

1. Campaigns - best one for players new to WoG?
    By Jack Hooligan in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 08:24
  2. Flights of War - The Fokker Scourge (en Francais)
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 02:58
  3. National Campaigns
    By gavain2 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 14:21
  4. Awaiting the Fokker Scourge.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 17:35
  5. The Paper Scourge