Ares Games

Thread: Checking in from Oregon

Default Checking in from Oregon

I bought the game several years ago, but it sat on my shelf because I had no one to play with. Then, this week, I asked my son if he was interested in playing and.... here I am. It's game on.

I'm in the Portland area if anyone has interest in playing.

Hi Jason.
    Welcome to the Aerodrome from England

Richard

Smile

G'day Jason & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia!
    I am sure there are quite a few players from Oregon who land & visit here.
    May I also suggest you Report for Duty down in the International section & then pop into the Officers Club for a virtual drink with some of the chaps. You can guarantee there will always be a few pilots still downing a few at the Bar.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Jason from here near Norwich in the United KIngdom. It is good that your son is interested in playing the game with you.

Hello Jason, . welcome to the group!!!

Hi Jason, and welcome to the 'drome from here in the UK

On behalf of the Squadrons based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Jason.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome from Italy! Welcome to the Drome!

Attilio

Hi Jason and welcome to the Drome. Glad you decided to dig it out, have fun.

Greetings from Astoria, Jason. There are some players in the valley. Unfortunately, almost every time I travel to Portland I'm with my wife and we are on a mission of one sort or another (usually not involving gaming). If you get out my way there are three of us in Astoria who play and would be happy to put on a game. Lloyd

Zoinks! Thanks for the welcome I've always been keenly interested in WWI aviation, especially the early War (Fokker Scourge era). I'm trying to get my son interested into tabletop games. (anything that's not on the computer lol) He had a great time when I got him to play with me.
    Anywhoo, I just finished reading "Early German Aces of WWI" by Osprey. Great book. I wish they'd make a movie about one of the early aces (non-Hollywood, as they'd ruin it)

I'm also looking for any Fokker Scourge campaigns or missions. I've thought of designing some myself, but I need to become more proficient with the rules of the game.

I guess when I get cleared by the mods, I'll post some of my photos of the Boeing museum of flight, WWI display, maybe even some model photos.

Quote Originally Posted by nikiMcBee View Post
    I bought the game several years ago, but it sat on my shelf because I had no one to play with. Then, this week, I asked my son if he was interested in playing and.... here I am. It's game on.

I'm in the Portland area if anyone has interest in playing.
    There are a several groups that play regularly in Portland. Check with Guardian games in SE Portland and I think they'll be able to provide contact info.

Tim

Big welcome from Shropshire UK. Glad you re-found the game, as there are plenty of new planes and accessories to wet ones appetite

Just need a Balloon reprint and it's business as usual

Welcome to the aerodrome, Jason. Lots of info and lots of great people on the aerodrome, enjoy.

Welcome from Ohio...the birthplace of aviation. Portland sounds like a great place to find a good matchup. Best wishes to both you and your son for many enjoyable hours of combat.

I just updated my album. Enjoy.

A very nice set of pictures Jason.
    I'll start your other account for you.
    Rob.

I just updated my album. Enjoy.
    just added second album.

just added second album.
    Cracking pictures Mike.
    Is that a model of you with the Eindecker?
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Oregon Flight?
    By wygz in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 09:47