Ares Games

Thread: Repaint pictures

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Default Repaint pictures

Hi, I just completed my first WoW repaints, using Dom's Decals for Jasta 19, please take a look:

Here

Has anybody else done the full Jasta? I am starting to consider it...

Fantastische! Ausgezeichnicht!

Jolly good take on the Hun!

NeilCFord

Nice paint jobs. Unfortunately I have zero talent in that department, so such things are beyond me. Thanks for sharing.

- Neil.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Thanks, the talent really comes from Dom's Decals. All I did was mix up a bit of paint and splash it about... After seeing how easy it was I'm considering doing more repaints though, maybe a few Allied planes as well.

They do look nice.
    I've got four Dr1's in Jasta 19 colours, now but must confess that I have only used the smaller decals so far.
    I have just received another Dr1 from Dom so I might bite the bullet and try some of the longer decals.
    Don

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Don, the long decals went on pretty smoothly until the last one on the left had side where the ****** thing folded up on itself. It took a while to straighten out again but it finally did. This was the only problem I had and was probably more to do with hubris at having done the other two so easily than the decals themselves...

They look very good indeed. Yes, I've done all of Jasta 19 and the Jasta 37 Abatros D.Vs and Jasta 15 Fokker D.VIIs from Dom - I really ought to get out more

I was hoping to get another set of Jasta 15 markings as some of them can be used on Siemens Schuckert D.IIIs.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I have not done the full Jasta, but I did a bunch, specifically for this picture:

I'd love to enter it in the upcoming image contest, but it's a pre-existing work...

Wow! I am very jealous. Those planes look great. I hope this gives FFG inspiration and they make more varied planes, or sell whole Jastas in a Box - could you imagine how awesome that would be? Or maybe sell blanks with decal options.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Steve, have you any pictures of them? Have you ever used the full Jasta on the tabletop?

Todd, that's brilliant, I had a similar idea of doing that famous pic, that's definitely some inspiration. They look excellent.

Grant, a Jasta in a box would be an excellent idea. I love the minis as they are, but it would also be nice to be able to have several planes from a single squadron/Jasta rather than the mixed bag of planes that there is available.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Adrian
    Sorties Flown

Hi Alex,

very nice job indeed! Nice steady brushwork, you should be proud!

Regards,
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Von Rotherham View Post
    Steve, have you any pictures of them? Have you ever used the full Jasta on the tabletop?
    Haven't got any pics of them, I might do some later but at the moment my work/photography space is covered in about 200 half-completed model trees. I've used the Albatros' once as a Jasta at my club when we had sufficient players to take a couple each, and the opposing Brits had enough players, but all 3 Jastas were done more to 'look pretty' on my shelves than to play with as a whole unit
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Very nice indeed !

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Steve, I bet that was a brilliant game. It's a shame you took no photos! Normally I only play against my old schoolfriend so I may never get to field the full Jasta, if I do get round to making it...

Adrian and Tony, thanks a million, but the steady handwork comes from Dom's Decals, I think I'd go blind if I had to paint lightening bolts and Swastikas on planes at this scale!

Thumbs up Repaint pictures

Nice job. They make an inexpressive grouping!

rich

Alex Todd
    Nice work both of you. They look great.

Tony

Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing!
    Aris K.

Nice work Alex.

Ever think of adding the brown leather padding around the cockpit opening? The WoW minis omit them, but it makes for a nice touch, IMHO.

Once I finish my Albatross DV, I will post my own photos.

Beautifully done, Alex.

John.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Thanks everyone, Rick, no I hadn't thought of painting the padding, but I will now. In fact I'll do it later on tonight. I'll post up some pics when I finish it...

In the mean time if any of you would like to have a look at some other painting and modelling I've done, I posted some more Non-WoW stuff HERE

Nice work Alex. Your non WoW stuff is very nice as well. I used to do quite a lot of mini painting, but I've yet to do a WoW repaint I've got albums up for my non WoW stuff as well.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Col. I'd seen your non WoW stuff as well and I was really impressed. That's an interesting camo scheme on the FOW PAnthers and PZIVs. The figure work on your fantasy minis is amazing!

Thanks, the PZIVs I got the scheme out of an Osprey book. The Panthers never had that same camo pattern, but I wanted them to look more like a unit. I'm not a "historical boy" Those were a mix of airbrushing and hand painting.

There towards the "end" of my painting days, I quite playing the games and just started painting figures that I wanted to paint for the artwork of it.

Outstanding! I love the mini's! to me they make the whole game! I don't play with out them, and I am waiting for the damn P40 so I can do the same with all the AVG Flying Tigers, and maybe do a recreation of Pearl Harbor!

Beautiful work!

I see this a lot with 1/72nd scale WWI airplane modelers, and in the occasional 1/48th scale.

Good job, I have been thinking of doing matching flights. Nothing as grand as this.

Similar Missions

1. Dawn Patrol Pictures
    By Zeppelin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 09:14
  2. Looking for Profiles or Pictures
    By Steve in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 17:44
  3. Background Pictures
    By Niemandsland in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2