Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's on your bench for October?

Default What's on your bench for October?

My German battle fleet is starting to be built in the Dry Dock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1762.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	111687

Rob.

Nice looking Bismark Rob. Still got mine to do and the Shinano.

Smile

Just got the Shapeways Vindicator that Zoe sent me & my other Martlet to convert.

Hmmmm... Well since I have this on my workbench ( and it is taking forever! )...

Name:	IMG_1643.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	111713

My October workbench still has most of my September list waiting in the wings...

Not actually on my workbench but I'll be constructing cupboards and shelving for, and painting inside and out my new garden shed (or as my daughter would have it, pimping my mancave ).

I'm looking to get an airbrush and if successfull I'll be resurrecting my WoG WW2 project.

Just received my Valom Sopwith Pups, they look fiddly, but looking forward to building and painting them.
    I also have an Ares Dr1 to sort out and paint to add to my Jasta 19 flight.
    Hope to achieve this in between finishing fitting the kitchen

I just ran off the first few pages of decals on my new laser printer. I've loads of models that I can now finish. It should be a productive month.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    I just ran off the first few pages of decals on my new laser printer. I've loads of models that I can now finish. It should be a productive month.

Ian
    Must admit, I am a bit jealous of your laser printer! I think I need to figure out a reason why I "need" one for my business...

I think I need to figure out a reason why I "need" one for my business...
    Waterproof ink is the biggest advantage so you can just print and decal. There must be a good excuse.

Here's the first with a new decal, Ritter Von Schleich, the top Bavarian ace. I've been waiting a while to make his personal insignia.

The decal is a Shed decals white circle with a clear printed lion over the top.

Ian

Superb Ian.
    I am now thinking hard about where the money is coming from for mine.
    Rob.

Waterproof ink is the biggest advantage so you can just print and decal. There must be a good excuse.

Here's the first with a new decal, Ritter Von Schleich, the top Bavarian ace. I've been waiting a while to make his personal insignia.

The decal is a Shed decals white circle with a clear printed lion over the top.

Ian
    Very nice Ian!

Ian
    Questions, questiosns...

What kind of decal paper? clear or white? and where did you get the paper? as to the S.E.5.As, where did you get the white letttering?

The decal paper is from Crafty Computer Paper. It's brilliant stuff. I printed two sheets of white with mainly lozenge and a sheet of clear. The clear is best for darker decals like letters and numbers. The SE5a white letters were from Mehusla on eBay, just search RAF narrow 144 and you'll find them. He does two sheets, the large letters are perfect for top wings, the smaller ones are just right for the fuselage. He doesn't make black letters for the underside of the bottom wing so I printed some on clear decal paper. I'll take some better photos when I finish them and give them their own post.

Ian

Ian

Yeah! I finished a few 18thC minis for my upcoming Fate game!

Ha! I can not compete with you guys this month! Completely off topic I went...
    This month I had decided to learn myself (and my gaming buddy) how to play Battles of Westeros, so the first October Sunday was spent to set up, glue and straighten 138 figurines that I had taken out of the box...

Houses Stark and Lannister...

Smile

[QUOTE=Nightbomber;251085]Ha! I can not compete with you guys this month! Completely off topic I went...
    This month I had decided to learn myself (and my gaming buddy) how to play Battles of Westeros, so the first October Sunday was spent to set up, glue and straighten 138 figurines that I had taken out of the box...

Having read all the books so far & now watching Series 3 of the TV version I will be interested in finding out how you like the Game Andy.
    Who puts out the models & rules?

[QUOTE=gully_raker;251109]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post

Having read all the books so far & now watching Series 3 of the TV version I will be interested in finding out how you like the Game Andy.
    I am just waiting for January Baz when the next series is released which I have on pre order.
    Rob.

I'm currently building those two models ; like Rob, I'd like to use some bombs and torpedoes on those floating targets ...

Name:	airfix Belfast 001.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	112191

Name:	Airfix-Bismarck.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	112192

About the HMS Belfast, I tried to use some values about armament and resistance.

Name:	Belfast Card 002.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	112196

What do you think about those values ? Adapted ? Too low ? Have to be adjusted ?

Looks like you intend to get up close and personal with those at 1:600 Casey.
    Rob.

[QUOTE=gully_raker;251109]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post

Here you can find all the data about the game, Barry

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6...es-of-westeros

As promised before Warhammer Bretonnian Pegasus Knights Red Squadron is airborne and it is WW2 Allies themed (Yugoslav, British, Russian):

Name:	20130925_204438.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	112221

Name:	20130925_204510.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	112222

They are inspired with basic Me109 again (and according to Wings Pallete each country mentioned above had at least one Messerschmit)

Nice to see Heмaњa.
    My word the Bretonnian troops have moved on a long way since I last played Warhammer!
    Rob.

I should be receiving my new scouts tomorrow so hopefully this weekend I should be building them this weekend, they're the new Valom Fokker D.VII's so I'll be able to add to my new CP unit Jasta 15 with the help of Dom's Decals

Let's see...
    I've got some 1/72 scale 30YW figures (Spanish and French, c.1640), 20mm Taliban machine gunners, Afghan civilians and NATO EOD teams (for Ambush Alley/Force on Force), 1/270 scale starships from Shapeways (for use with X-Wing), more Shapeways starships (this time 1/3788 or 1/3900 scale Star Trek stuff for use with Full Thrust) and some Shapeways 1/144 scale Nieuport 17s and a H-B w.12 awaiting decals and about a dozen other WWI aircraft in need of crews (all for our favorite game, WoG).

Chris Maes

Now something ... different as well.
    A figure of ... Udet!
    I bought it several days in an online store and today this heroic model is on my desk
    Can't wait to build and paint it/him!

Name:	20131011_144412.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	112587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131011_144313.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	112586

Looks as if it will make a great centerpiece for your display of aircraft Andy.
    Now if only someone would do an Albert Ball in that size.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 10-14-2013 at 11:53.

This one just slipped through for my Malta campaign.

Name:	DSC_4228.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	113055

Rob.

This month my work bench is a dry dock!

First of 7 emerges . . .

Working on a tank-busting scenario, so I need some A7Vs.

Good grief John. I am really slacking. I have only got four of those. I'd better get my skates on and paint up some more pronto.
    Do post again when they are finished. I'd love to see them in action.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks, Rob. I need to finish at least four of them today for the scenario I'm thinking of. The other four... I may do those up in a German disruptive camo pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I'm currently building those two models ; like Rob, I'd like to use some bombs and torpedoes on those floating targets ...
    Nice. I want to do some ships vs flying boats myself someday.

The first Spitfire arrives over Valletta.

Name:	DSC_4254.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	113998

Name:	DSC_4255.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	114001

Name:	DSC_4256.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	114000

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    The first Spitfire arrives over Valletta.

With side code "T L" - now that really *is* being unfair to the poor old Italians....

Waiting for the paint to dry before I finish them off. Then it's on to the Salmson-Moineau.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    With side code "T L" - now that really *is* being unfair to the poor old Italians....
    Memory fails -- what's the significance?

Yes, I think these will do just fine.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Memory fails -- what's the significance?
    It's George Beurling's kite - aka the Knight Of Malta, who racked up the odd few kills over the island....

Currently in hand:

• A 28mm "posse" for our local club's western gunfight games
    • Several Airfix 1/76 British and Japanese tanks for my Burma project (which wasn't eve a glimmer in my eye a couple of months ago)
    • Half a dozen 1/1200 ACW ships and ironclads
    • A 15mm LCM being converted into a riverine assault craft for AK-47
    • Eight 1/600 WW2 coastal models, just picked up on Ebay for peanuts
    • Two 1/144 Siemens Schuckhert D.III fighters
    • A scratch built space station for War Rocket
    • Thirty two 15mm Bashi Basouks

I think I'm lacking focus

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    Yes, I think these will do just fine.

Looks like a swarm of blue meanies; did the A7Vs really go into action painted blue
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

They are more of a dark grey, but the lighting didn't do it justice.

John, From what I have read I think you have got them as close as you can to their actual colour.

Must be my computer then; I see no real grey on them.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

John, are your A7V's available in 1/144"? I have seen them on your listing and wondered . . . my other tanks are lonely . . .

So far the sea elves have done pretty well,

Gotta get the air elves on the job, the Shapeways and AIMs are arriving this week!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

I've got to stop looking at your posts Clipper, as I'll end up deciding I need a bigger house....

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    John, are your A7V's available in 1/144"? I have seen them on your listing and wondered . . . my other tanks are lonely . . .

Those are cool. I need to make some of them in 6mm.

My A7Vs are not in 144, but if you want them to be, I could add more detail and rescale them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Must be my computer then; I see no real grey on them.
    Karl
    Could be. I'm not the best person to talk to about color perception, being partially colorblind. I can tell you that the color I used is a Vallejo paint called Sombre Grey.

Hey John
    What would be nice besides the tanks at 1/144 would be your Staaken VGO completed . . . hint, hint, nudge, nudge. . . . as if I need another Staaken! "One can never have too many" - who said that???????

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    "One can never have too many" - who said that???????
    "Madness does not always howl; sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: 'Hey. Is there room in your head for one more?'"
    Karl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. What does your work/hobby bench look like?
    By afilter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 08:20
  2. What's on your bench for December?
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 11:38
  3. Sunday 7th October
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 13:35
  4. Whats on your bench for July?