Ares Games
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Series 8 planes revealed!

woudn't a Lohner L (intead of the Fokker D.VIII) had made more sence to match it against the Macchi M.5 flying-boat?

I am going to guess that something like that is probably in the pipeline.

A Lohner L would be too slow to be an adequate competitor for the Macchi M.5 but an Austrian flying boat would be a good idea for a future model.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    The Seaplane makes sense to me on its own, i was expecting seaplanes due to one of the maps having a seas section, I bet if it was in a dual pack or other it would take longer to schedule in, to float one out on its own just means the risk is spread over different series, and most likely we are getting one sooner this way. Its obviously a talking point/minor controversy, (extremely minor heh) which shows its risk factor clearly. I don't paint these up myself, and the shapeways ones that I have bought painted annoy me as they are slightly different looking to the wings of war/glory ones. not buying any more!
    I agree with you Evan. Much prefer Clippers models to the shapeways ones so for me this will be a welcome addition to the seaplanes I have got

I will definitely be getting the whole lot. Like the seaplane, and think that a bomb the ship/sub scen would be a lot of fun. Of course I've not been around as long as some of the guys, so maybe you're tired of that kind of thing(or just have no interest) I can see the points against the inclusion of a floater, but I like it.

Quite a few of us have gone down the seaplane route William.
    I currently have one RNAS. North sea Airship, Sopwith Baby, Short Seaplane, Felixtowe, Macchi, Lohner, Hansa Brandenburg W29, W12, and a Rumpler.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice collection Rob. I've been perusing the Shapeways site pondering the purchase of a floater or two. It also looks like the M5 did pretty well against Austrian fighters on the Italian Front, which I also have an interest in.

Hello all,
    I'm just grateful that Ares is able to continue releasing new planes and re-issuing old ones. If we can all remember that it wasn't too long ago many of us were unsure that we would even have the game in production any more. Being a bit of a late comer to Wings, I'm just happy that I can get official planes at reasonable prices and not have to pay "collector" pricing on auction pages. Ya some of the picks for Series 8 might seem a little odd, but I'm sure Ares has a grand plan and reasoning for what they do. As long as they keep them rolling off the production line and we can keep this great game going and expanding, I for one will continue to support buy purchasing and expanding my personal Aerodrome. I know what your thinking....my little blurb sounds like a propaganda poster..."BUY BONDS TO KEEP OUR TROOPS IN THE FIGHT". Now if I could just get the SWMBO to buy into it !

Quote Originally Posted by CdnFlyer View Post
    Now if I could just get the SWMBO to buy into it !

You would have pilots beating a path to your door to discover your secret Stephen.
    Rob

only ever show her the pretty ones... it seriously works...

I always tell her the pink ones or the ones with hearts are hers...she sees through the bs, and still puts up with me lol!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by CdnFlyer View Post
    I always tell her the pink ones or the ones with hearts are hers...she sees through the bs, and still puts up with me lol!
    I was betting that before the S2 reprints were announced that we might see the Jasta 40 DVII with the white cat insignia (minus a strategically placed dot) but I guess changing the lilac of Stark to pink was designed to attract in much the same way as an ickle cat might.

Either way as mentioned before I'm expect I'm going to be buying lots Series 8 but not the float plane.

Spot the cat Tim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2803.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	133545

Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Corr they look fabulous! May I ask which decals you used for the lozenge? Jasta 40 would be a good repaint option based on the new Goring.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post
    Corr they look fabulous! May I ask which decals you used for the lozenge? Jasta 40 would be a good repaint option based on the new Goring.
    I got them from another member, but can't remember who exactly. Here is a sample.

Name:	Jasta 40 wing decals.PNG 
Views:	373 
Size:	548.5 KB 
ID:	133558

Rob.

Hey Rob. Extremely nice aeroplanes you've got there and thanks for sharing

The Macchi M5 is equipped with 2 Vickers MGs.

Will there be one captured version, too?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 800px-MACCHI-M5.jpg  
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Yes. One Italian, one Austrian and one with an US pilot from an US Squadron (but with Italian cockades).

So, does this mean that when you do another float next series you'll do a Lohner with one scheme flipped into Italian markings to balance the books? *raises eyebrow*

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Yes. One Italian, one Austrian and one with an US pilot from an US Squadron (but with Italian cockades).
    USN pilot - Charles Hammann, awarded Medal of Honor ?

It will be Macchi M.5 M7293 of Willis B Haviland, commander of the Porto Corsini naval air station from July 1918.

Name:	Completed1.jpg 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	134534

It will be Macchi M.5 M7293 of Willis B Haviland, commander of the Porto Corsini naval air station from July 1918.

Name:	Completed1.jpg 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	134534
    Nice choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_B._Haviland

Bella scelta!
    Then, who will be the Italian pilot?

I am so getting these when they come out!
    I may get a spare, and paint it for Porco Rosso, the pre Porco years.

Macchi M.5 M.13041 261Ş Squadriglia, Tenente di Vascello Domenico "Peppuzzo" Arcidiacono, Venice 1918.

Here from the cover of Gregory Alegi's Windsock Datafile 86, painting by Danilo Renzulli (a candidate we considered for Wings of War before choosing Vincenzo Auletta).

Name:	Arcidiacono.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	134535

Great Andrea.
    I can get all three. Nothing to match the one I already have.
    Rob.

Macchi M.5 M.13041 261Ş Squadriglia, Tenente di Vascello Domenico "Peppuzzo" Arcidiacono, Venice 1918.
    That's great! Ottimo!

Me li prendo tutti e tre!

So we are not getting the Macchi with the 'sea monster head'?

No no David ... we are going to get it!

Thank you Angiolillo!

Here from the cover of Gregory Alegi's Windsock Datafile 86, painting by Danilo Renzulli (a candidate we considered for Wings of War before choosing Vincenzo Auletta).

And here I thought the posting of copyrighted material on this website was forbidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    So, does this mean that when you do another float next series you'll do a Lohner with one scheme flipped into Italian markings to balance the books? *raises eyebrow*
    Was there one?

Chris, the early Macchi's (pre-M.5) were basically straight Lohner clones.

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    And here I thought the posting of copyrighted material on this website was forbidden.
    Very true.

Although I recall some BS discussion about copyright holders having to ask to have stuff removed. I think the whole picture posting thing was enforced and observed for about a week before the subject was forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Very true.

Although I recall some BS discussion about copyright holders having to ask to have stuff removed. I think the whole picture posting thing was enforced and observed for about a week before the subject was forgotten

Not quite guys:

3. When using copyrighted images in a post, permission must be received form the copyright holder, and said acknowledgment must be included in the post.
    Andrea did give credit to the artist. While that does not follow the "letter of the law", it is far from just grabbing someone's image and using it. I would also assume that Andrea would know if it was okay to post that image as he obviously knows the artist personally. As for the "BS discussion" about copyright holders having to ask to have their stuff removed... that is not BS, it's how the laws work. A person or business has to enforce their copyright and trade marks, not the other way around. And know, the rule was not forgotten about, but it's very hard for one or two people to monitor every single post and image that is used here.

So that this thread does not get derailed by this, please take any responses or questions to the copyright thread and I'll happily respond to them.

Moving over there for a reply....

LOOP

Has anyone heard a date yet? I mean, are they arriving in october, november or even this year?
    The oncoming reprint is a welcone event but not as exciting as a release of brand new types of aircrafts.
    I'm not blessed with the card version of these planes so it is even more exciting when you open up the box,
    taking the first good look at the plane and movement-deck. That's almost half the fun

Bring 'em on! Those M5 colour schemes look beautiful. I just love WW1 for the colourful schemes, beats WW2 camo's hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    As much as I'm up for what ever is coming out, I do have to agree with both of these sentiments. Hopefully they'll filling these kinds of gaps sooner rather than later (than it already is...).
    I'm with all three of you on this one! I too have been waiting for the key "Bloody April" aircraft.

I will be getting two Italian (one of each) and two Austrian. Got to admit I have got to clear the credit card after my X-Wing purchases

is there any kind of list of projected future ww1 aircraft planned for production?

Not available to the public. Your best bet is to look up the tables in the Rules & Accessories Pack and see what hasn't been made yet, then go back to the original card planes and do same.

We actually had an interesting discussion about that very question...
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...660#post235660

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Not available to the public. Your best bet is to look up the tables in the Rules & Accessories Pack and see what hasn't been made yet, then go back to the original card planes and do same.

We actually had an interesting discussion about that very question...
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...660#post235660
    thanks, ive looked at the tables and what cards i have access to so, with whats already been announced, that , for the most part, ares is going to conform with whats listed there for the immediate future (yay staaken and handley page 0/400) but i was curious as to what we might expect AFTER the table and cards are exhausted.

the thread you showed me cartainly piques my interest!!!

Future programs are also subject to change. And your feedback has a weight on that (plans already changed in the past due to gamers opinions, many of them discussed in this forum).

Future programs are also subject to change. And your feedback has a weight on that (plans already changed in the past due to gamers opinions, many of them discussed in this forum).
    thanks andrea

This explains why future plans are discussed, but official lists of future releases are not officially announced too much in advance.

Looks as if we are victims of our own success then Andrea.
    Also I don't think I ever got to thank you for that memorable evening in Rome that Eileen and I enjoyed with you. thanks so much for giving up your time. Your company and that of Attilio was very much appreciated by us both.
    Rob.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW I Series 1 planes for sale
    By Willi Von Klugermann in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 08:03
  2. Series 3 WWII Planes
    By Bartman in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 09:29
  3. WTB: Series 3 Planes
    By sparty in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds