Ares Games
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Series 8 planes revealed!

Default Series 8 planes revealed!

Ares has just provided me with a list of the planes (no pilots yet) that will be in Series 8...

Fokker E.V/D.VIII

Hannover CL.IIIa

Nieuport 28

Macchi M.5

Love all the planes, but disapprove of the M.5 being a single floatplane. Would have preferred it paired with a Brandenburg CC or W.18. The Salmson 2A2 would have been a better option vs. the CL.

Great news! I'm most interested in the N.28.

Ooooh interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Love all the planes, but disapprove of the M.5 being a single floatplane. Would have preferred it paired with a Brandenburg CC or W.18. The Salmson 2A2 would have been a better option vs. the CL.
    I tend to agree with you that it would have been better suited in some type of seaplane series. Perhaps they are paring it with other planes they know will be popular to help reduce the financial risk if sales of the sea plane are waterlogged?

I think introducing seaplanes, while good, is entering the realm of niche for an already niche game.

Thanks for posting.
    At last a two-seater, Hannover CL.IIIa. Any idea when they will hit the shops?

Interesting, thanks for posting

Quite some news here lately! I'm looking forward them!

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    At last a two-seater, Hannover CL.IIIa. Any idea when they will hit the shops?
    No dates for them yet, most likely late 2014. but these will not be the first two-seaters to hit the stores. The ones from the Series 2 reprint will be.

Is this in addition to the reprint of series 2 or after? I will be skipping the seaplane model.

Thanks for the update! The Macchi certainly seems an unusual choice, but I'm sure it will appeal to some.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitch View Post
    Great news! I'm most interested in the N.28.
    Ditto!

Interesting mix of planes! I'll be picking them all up most likely, maybe even the sea plane.

Fokker E.V/D.VIII niiiicccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee

For WGF, we will get the Series 2 reprints first, followed by Series 7, Series 8, and then Series 3 reprints. Some where after Series 7 they are going to try and put another release in there, but I'm not allowed to say what it is at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    For WGF, we will get the Series 2 reprints first, followed by Series 7, Series 8, and then Series 3 reprints. Some where after Series 7 they are going to try and put another release in there, but I'm not allowed to say what it is at this time.
    You're such a tease!

Excellent news, especially on the N.28s! Guess I will have to have more Shapeways ones added to the collection after all!

Always glad to hear the news! No new ones for my collection since I have them all already in Shapeways, but I will be collecting the originals to complete the set! Besides I have it on good authority that you will live as long as you collect! Tell that to yourself every time you purchase . . . .

I concur with the opinions regarding the silliness of a single seaplane. Interesting choices for the others. I have Shapeways examples of all of these, but I could be tempted

Oh that's great news. I'll definitely pick them up, including the Macchi. It will lend itself to some interesting scenarios. Now where's my coastal map?

You can't directly say anything, but I'm going to make a prediction right now and we'll see if I'm right...

We know it's a Special Pack of some kind because it's not a series release. We also know that Ares has had Parseval-Sigsfeld Drachen balloons, H-P O/400s and Zeppelin Staaken R.VI's in planning for a few years. I'll bet it ends up being either of those--Herr Oberst, no need for comment, just when the time DOES come for public release please note whether I called it (which I expect) oe just publicly beclowned myself (a FAR less likely but equally valid possibility, LOL).
    Last edited by Diamondback; 09-20-2013 at 09:57. Reason: one key off from intended

Sir Oberst, your just full of good news today.

Not sure about the sea plane but the rest of them are great choices.

Bring on the Fokkers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    Oh that's great news. I'll definitely pick them up, including the Macchi. It will lend itself to some interesting scenarios. Now where's my coastal map?
    I think we may need to run a mission building contest for this lone seaplane!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    You can't directly say anything, but I'm going to make a prediction right now and we'll see if I'm right...

We know it's a Special Pack of some kind because it's not a series release. We also know that Ares has had Parseval-Sigsfeld Drachen balloons, H-P O/400s and Zeppelin Staaken R.VI's in planning for a few years. I'll bet it ends up being either of those--Herr Oberst, no need for comment, just when the time DOES come for public release please note whether I called it (which I expect) oe just publicly beclowned myself (a FAR less likely but equally valid possibility, LOL).
    It appears you are assuming it is a miniature release.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post

IMHO, Some new balloons would be the logical choice.

Jets of glory?

Two-seater, Gotha and Balloon are at the top of my list, in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chum View Post
    Sir Oberst, your just full of good news today.
    When it rains, it pours! And man, how well we know that here in Colorado!

I think we may need to run a mission building contest for this lone seaplane!
    Balloon busting mission of opportunity conducted by a pilot with lousy navigation skills?

Ohh, intriguing!

True, that is the gamble--there IS a non-miniature/mini-accessory product I've suggested to Andrea, but I'm keeping that one to myself. IF it ends up being that non-mini product, I'll produce dated email where I had suggested it.

Another thread you guys might want to be involved in.

Nice! I do wonder why they are putting a seaplane in the series instead of a more needed a/c such as the Pup. It would be nice to have a Be2 along with the Hanover giving both sides a scout and a two-seater.

Great news another 12 aircraft will be added to my ever growing collection.

Bah. Let me stir things up, chaps. This time I think the choice of planes does not fit my (well, individual) taste and needs. This is the eight series and we still have no Entente planes to help us recreate the Bloody April fights. We are gonna have Albatrosses D.II in famous schemes, but where is the game? I really thought this time we shall get B.E.2c, F.E.2b or Sopwith 1˝ Strutter.

Oh yes, bring on the Macchi. I'm sure Bromowski had run ins with Macchi M5s when flying his red Albatros and the Macchis sometimes flew inland, especially late in the war. A Phonix would be the ideal opponent but there's plenty of choice.

Ian

This will be the first series that I will be skipping buying everything. I really don't need a seaplane. Bummer. my collection will forever be in-complete...

As for waht's coming after series 7... it'll be another set of maps for the game to add to the ones they've already got, to expand on the set.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I agree, I would definitely prefer the Salmson. In fact, my group is putting in a Shapeways order and I'm getting a pair of Salmsons; they will be my first Shapeways models.

Can't wait to get more American aircraft on the board, Scott. I was planning on getting two more N.28s from clipper and his elves, but with the future release of Ares models, I will now hold off. The Salmson would have been ideal. There are some fairly common Italian Front planes that could have been made (Phonix Ds, Brandenburg D.I, etc.). But, we are SO glad to be able to look forward to any future releases...means that the product line is healthy (I hope).

Always nice to have new toys ,hopefully the first of many seaplanes ..

Like these, strange only one seaplane , as has been noted.
    Would have preferred the Fokker replaced with a seaplane, but there you go.
    Last edited by Boney10; 12-24-2013 at 05:37.

Nice to see the flying-boat; but god help us, they're bringing the only airplane more Munchkin than the D.VII to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by phililphall View Post
    Nice! I do wonder why they are putting a seaplane in the series instead of a more needed a/c such as the Pup. It would be nice to have a Be2 along with the Hanover giving both sides a scout and a two-seater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Bah. Let me stir things up, chaps. This time I think the choice of planes does not fit my (well, individual) taste and needs. This is the eight series and we still have no Entente planes to help us recreate the Bloody April fights. We are gonna have Albatrosses D.II in famous schemes, but where is the game? I really thought this time we shall get B.E.2c, F.E.2b or Sopwith 1˝ Strutter.
    As much as I'm up for what ever is coming out, I do have to agree with both of these sentiments. Hopefully they'll filling these kinds of gaps sooner rather than later (than it already is...).

Thanks for the news Oberst !

very very interesting

Looks like a nice series. Too bad for the seaplane haters. I like em!

I must agree that the Hannover and Macchi are odd. But they are still on my want list just not that far up. The E.V and N28 are good late war choices. Hopefully set 9 will include the Phonix D.I.

There are a few planes I need to complete what I would call a core set, e.g. SE5as, Fokker D VIIs, Alb. D IIIs, etc. After that, everything, for me, is like frosting on a cake. I do like frosting. Thanks for showing us what's on the menu, Keith.

I'll be buying a couple M.5s. It was a common Italian 'scout', and fought extensively vs. traditional, land-based Austrian aircraft.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW I Series 1 planes for sale
    By Willi Von Klugermann in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 08:03
  2. Series 3 WWII Planes
    By Bartman in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 09:29
  3. WTB: Series 3 Planes
    By sparty in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds