Ares Games
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Series 8 planes revealed!

It's been a great pleasure to meet! Only a pity that in the end my previous commitments did not allow for a visit together to Vigna di Valle and the IAF Museum.
    See you next time then, on this or the opposite side of the Channel. Greetings to Eileen!

We would both love the chance to entertain you in return Andrea.
    You will be most welcome to visit us in England.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Too many years I do not visit UK. And I really want to show it to my family. I'll come there, sooner or later. See you soon, then!

It would be great.
    You know that you would have somewhere to stay.
    Rob.

Be great if you could make it over for the get together in September.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Be great if you could make it over for the get together in September.
    "It would be great.
    You know that you would have somewhere to stay."

I should have said excepting September, as I have Andrzej staying Doncaster week Andrea.
    Rob.

LOOP

Do anyone have some sort of timeframe on when series 8 will arrive?
    I know that the reprint of series 2 just hit the streets but you allways want more don't you!!

LOOP

Do anyone have some sort of timeframe on when series 8 will arrive?
    I know that the reprint of series 2 just hit the streets but you allways want more don't you!!

LOOP

I have serched the net for some info aboute what movement-deck that the DVIII and N28 will have.
    Found something aboute the N28 and that it may get the M-deck. Is this the old WoW-rule? Have anybody heard someting else?
    And what aboute the DVIII? M? O? Q? U?

P-G

LOOP

Thanks!
    So the DVIII will get the M-deck!!! Hmmm Ok..
    And the N28 is assigned to the F-deck. Just as the Hanroit HD1. Interesting.
    Well everthing in order

Thanks again!!

My pleasure Per. glad I could help.
    Rob.

LOOP

I did look up the N28 again and found the N28 with the m-deck assigned to it. But it seemed to be a non official-card so.....
    But the F-deck works fine

Back to this forum after some months, I'm still very hyped for the Macchi M.5, it is such a beauty. I may even break my own "At launch, buy only one mini for each plane model" rule and get all three M.5 minis as soon as they are out...

Jeremyb1984

Any idea when we can expect a series 4 reprint? Don't fancy spending $4k on a SE5a...

Probably 18 months to 2 years-ish, at present reprint rate. Not any insider info, just based on best guess with present production intervals...

Jeremyb1984

Haha! Best go see the bank manager then...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyb1984 View Post
    Haha! Best go see the bank manager then...
    A better option Jeremy is grab some Shapeways SE's & paint them up for which ever pilot you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I think we may need to run a mission building contest for this lone seaplane!
    It can always fly against an AH navy fighter plane, such as a Phoenix. Or fly a bombing mission against a AH navy vessel. Or rescue crew from a downed plane while some AH plane tries to stop them. Try to sink a submarine. Repaint a Macchi into a Lohner L or M--the macchi was based on the Lohner and the planes look so much alike that Italians used to fire on their own planes...

Jeremyb1984

I looked into the shapeway models, looked like a valid option but then what do you do about movement decks?

Maybe somebody in the For Sale/Trade board here can sort you out. IIRC, Evan ("Xen") used to have an extensive list of offerings down your way...

Any idea when we can expect a series 4 reprint? Don't fancy spending $4k on a SE5a...
    Where is it possible to spend 4k in a Se5a miniature?

Jeremyb1984

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Where is it possible to spend 4k in a Se5a miniature?
    My bad, its more like GBP3,800...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wings-War-Ww.../dp/1589949196

Baxter has a thread re this one... search SE5a and you should come across it! You guys are onto pure gold it would seem!

My bad, its more like GBP3,800...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wings-War-Ww.../dp/1589949196

Baxter has a thread re this one... search SE5a and you should come across it! You guys are onto pure gold it would seem!
    Not if you can't shift it at that price Jeremy. I would go the Shapeways route. You never know when a deck may turn up.
    Rob.

I have a few 'dogfight' booster packs left, I think they have 1 N deck and 1 O deck in them?

I looked into the shapeway models, looked like a valid option but then what do you do about movement decks?
    Hi Jeremy,

Just saw your post, I believe that Fastbreak Sports up here in Brisbane has a couple of 'Top Fighters' blister packs left, I'll check and get back to you.

Cheers,

Carl.

Jeremyb1984

Sweet, thanks for the reply's lads! PM me if you have any luck (sorry for leading this thread off the Series 8 topic!!).

Thanks a ,ot, very interesting to know!
    Amazon ha really random prioces anyway for used, OOP stuff.

Jeremyb1984

I completely understand, must be because he's Australian???

FYI:
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    D.VIII/E.V
    Erich Lowenhardt Theodor Osterkamp Karl Sharon

Cl.IIIa
    Rudolf Hager Johan Bauer ???

Macchi M.5
    Welker Willis B. Haviland Domenico Arcidiacono

Nieuport 28
    Harold E. Hartney Ralph A. O’Neil Edward Rickenbaker

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

With that line up I'm over the moon. I'll get the MFJ Fokker I so desperately wanted plus Lowenhardt that will be good for repaints – I don't know the third scheme.

The N28 – Rickenbacker for certain, in numbers, as long as the colours are good for the camo. I want to do the Hat-in-the-ring in the Nieuport rather than the later SPADs.

The flying boats promise to be such beautiful schemes I may just buy them anyway.

Really pleased with these announcements and fingers crossed the Rickenbacker camo colours are spot on. Excellent news!!!

(The plane I'm really dying to get right now is the SE5a!)

Whilst checking out some of the above lineup, Ralph O'neil's plane image shows a shark's mouth. Is that accurate? Hope so, very cool looking plane.

I LOVE Hannovers! I have not bought any of the releases lately but I think I might have to get a couple of these!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Ah yes, somehow over looked the Hannovers – definitely like these as well. series 8 will be a welcome expense!

I must agree on that one Tim.
    Whilst the last few issues have been ones I have already made models off because I needed them faster than they were being produced, or already had a plethora of the re issues, this is a feast of aircraft indeed. I only have one Macchi and one DVIII to my name.
    Rob.

I have none of them - overdraft here I come!

Fokker and Hannover will be interesting, mainly due to thier use in Polish-Soviet War 1920. Two others are rather of marginal use, not interesting to me

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I must agree on that one Tim.
    Whilst the last few issues have been ones I have already made models off because I needed them faster than they were being produced, or already had a plethora of the re issues, this is a feast of aircraft indeed. I only have one Macchi and one DVIII to my name.
    Rob.
    A plethora, you say?

Well the WWII are due out next month and there is another set of WWII planes after that, I think. So hope these will be out early next year and looking forward to getting them.

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I LOVE Hannovers! I have not bought any of the releases lately but I think I might have to get a couple of these!
    Do anyone know if the Hanovers will be able to Immelmann?

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    Do anyone know if the Hanovers will be able to Immelmann?
    Very definitely yes. Recent data has shown they could out-maneuver an Albatros D.III easily.

LOOP

Well that leaves only the deck-question left...
    Will it be assigned the V-deck or will it get a deck on its own? Perhaps a slower version of the F-deck?

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    Well that leaves only the deck-question left...
    Will it be assigned the V-deck or will it get a deck on its own? Perhaps a slower version of the F-deck?
    Apparently F-deck. It's fast enough.

Will the Hanover be exempt from the two seater rear blind zone?

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Apparently F-deck. It's fast enough.
    Isn't the F-deck a bit to fast?

What I can dig up on the net the Hanover had a topspeed about 165km/h, a Hanriot HD1 about 180km/h, the Nieuport 28 200km/h and an Albatros DIII 175km/h.
    The DIII:s J-deck are slower than the F-deck....

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post

(The plane I'm really dying to get right now is the SE5a!)
    It's gonna be a wait, an I can't, especially since Dave forced me to buy the fok dvii and ssd iii, I need to fly something against them. So off to shapeways I went to get the se5a's however I'm not sure how the jasta of pfalz XII, an escadrille of n11, a Le prieur n16 and caudron g6 (osprey forced me!) fit in, but they seem to. Spose I'll need some dh-4's n snipes too...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Two years perhaps? I hope they reissue the Bishop one, that must surely have been the best selling model, and give us another classic Western Front model leaving the third place for something unusual.

Am I right in thinking all the N28s will be American models?

Am I right in thinking all the N28s will be American models?
    One "Canadian-American"... but yeah.

I'm hoping by the next re-release they've figured out how to decouple the series, so we can get Se5a, Nieuport 17, Albatros D.III, and Pfalz D.III.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

That would make a great set of four. I was thinking about this today. There are planes that I really want for repaints, bread and butter Western Front stuff but the models just aren't on the shelves to buy. It will be great when Ares sort out the production system to ensure the planes that everybody really wants, the standard stuff is available all the time.

That would make a great set of four. I was thinking about this today. There are planes that I really want for repaints, bread and butter Western Front stuff but the models just aren't on the shelves to buy. It will be great when Ares sort out the production system to ensure the planes that everybody really wants, the standard stuff is available all the time.
    +1
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW I Series 1 planes for sale
    By Willi Von Klugermann in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 08:03
  2. Series 3 WWII Planes
    By Bartman in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 09:29
  3. WTB: Series 3 Planes
    By sparty in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds