Ares Games

Thread: Goldy

goldsmithmd

Default Goldy

Hi Everyone,
    As a newby to this site I am still feeling my way around, but I am drawn to the wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject matter. My particular interest is WW1 planes and theatre of operations. There is just something about those old planes. I have been wargaming for some 40 plus years, so a bit of an oldy, but for a lot of that time have been restricted to playing with my siblings due to work, family and other commitments, with most of my efforts going into painting and modelling. My main interest has been ancient wargaming predominately classical period, but recently I have had the time to join the local club (not so local : 15 miles away) and been drawn into Wings of War. Three of us regularly play each week and are currently fighting a campaign based on the Somme air war. My friends have got me to produce some models not available in the normal WOW catalogue, so I have had the joys of putting together fiddly kits. However painting one model is not nearly as daunting a task as several hundred figures!

I am not sure how many missions I have completed so far, but must be around 50. My friends are a bit miffed as my campaign score to date (our scoring
    system) is 75 and the most they accomplished for the whole campaign was -17 and +8. So possibly beginners luck. We have just come back from
    Shuttleworth Flying Day the only disappointment being that the WW1 planes didn't have a chance to fly, but an excuse for a return trip some day.

I have posted a few photos of some of my earlier attempts at painting/modelling. I have yet to attempt some of the more complicated designs!

Ok signing off for now.

Goldy
    Attached Images     

On behalf of the Squadrons here in the U.K. welcome to the Drome, Wingman.
    I am sure that those beautifully rigged aircraft of yours will be much admired by the chaps Mark.
    Please do join us all in the Officers' Mess tonight for a few cold ones and a chin wag.
    Rob.

Welcome from Poland, Mark
    What WingCo wrote, we have some nice rigged and drybrushed models there... What can I say, the UK Wing has just adopted another Ace Flyer

Welcome from across the pond, Mark.

Beautiful planes.

Welcome from Ohio, USA. Your aircraft are absolutely beautiful!

Welcome from the Tyne & Wear flight Mark. Some excellent models there.

Welcome from Italy Have fun

Attilio

Those are crazy good! And welcome to the board!

Welcome Mark, from Bristol, see you down the mess

Welcome Mark.

The first plane you show are rigged! Thats impressive. You'll fit in well here.

Ian

Welcome from Essex Mark.

Beautiful planes. Will like to see some of your " complicated designs" in the future.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the aerodrome Mark, I'll see you in the mess for a few swift beers and a natter

Hello Mark, and welcome from here in Tunbridge Wells. Your 'planes look great - I am especially impressed by the rigging

You are welcome to come up to a Tunbridge Wells Wargames Society meeting - just PM me and we can always arrange a game (maybe co-ordinate with Flash's next visit when we plan a huge Gotha raid )

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Mark, from here near Norwich. Your modelling skills will be greatly admired.

A belated hello from Kansas. Your work is most impressive!

Welcome to the Drome Mark, your aircraft look great.

Welcome to the 'drome Mark from a dingy East Sussex but then you'd know that already ! Lovely models - good to have you in the circuit.

Welcome aboard - and your aircraft are amazing - well done sir... someone buy that man a drink !!

Forgot to ask - do you do commissions? I can fore see quite a few of the chaps would willingly shell out for such well crafted planes - especially where no WoG / WoW model currently exists

Glad to have you aboard Mark, welcome from the Antipodes!!