Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's September, how's your workbench looking?

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    I didn't know a British CV could do 30 knots in reverse.
    Well you do now!However, I must admit it was only actually 12 Knots, as that was the speed of the slowest ship in the convoy, hence its need to turn into the wind to fly off the Stringbags.
    Rob.

My original plan for September was to paint a bunch of planes and run a Wings of Glory/Fate Core mash-up.
    However, that plan got twisted, and it became a Fate Core 18thC campaign, hopefully starting next week. So, except for those SPADs I just finished creating, I haven't touched a plane in awhile. Instead, much of my free painting time has been spent with these folks. With more on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    My original plan for September was to paint a bunch of planes and run a Wings of Glory/Fate Core mash-up.
    However, that plan got twisted, and it became a Fate Core 18thC campaign, hopefully starting next week. So, except for those SPADs I just finished creating, I haven't touched a plane in awhile. Instead, much of my free painting time has been spent with these folks. With more on the way.

Oh! Those are very nice! And very interesting!

Dammit! I don't have the time or the hobby budget for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    The Valom D.VII is built. The last few struts are in. It was a really good kit. I got on fine with the brass parts. The trickiest part was getting the V strut from the fuselage to the top wing, once that's in everything else is quite easy.

Here it is with a Nexus D.VII.

With a Kampffleiger kit (left) and a Colombia Aerodrome D.VII (bottom).

They all go together fine.

Ian
    Wow Ian they look awsome mate, I've just ordered myself a box of Valom D.VII's and I cannot wait to start my new project.

Yes they certainly look very impressive Ian. I can see what you mean about the cabine struts. I would need a pair of tweezers to do those these days. My finger ends aren't as sensitive as they used to be.
    Rob.

I recognized the Front Rank figures John, but some of the others are teasing me. Are the rest of the civilians Foundry?
    Rob.

Well done! Front Rank, some of the civilian types from Foundry's Pirates line (read - Treasure Island characters, Dr. Livesey, Squire Trelawney, etc.), and some of their Pirate Captains.

Well done! Front Rank, some of the civilian types from Foundry's Pirates line (read - Treasure Island characters, Dr. Livesey, Squire Trelawney, etc.), and some of their Pirate Captains.
    I'd have spotted that Smollett fellow anywhere. However, it has just reminded me that I have that whole range somewhere in the workshop waiting to be painted for the last four years or so. Now I wonder what could have distracted me?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Well you do now!:lol:However, I must admit it was only actually 12 Knots, as that was the speed of the slowest ship in the convoy, hence its need to turn into the wind to fly off the Stringbags.;)
    You *should* be counting yourself fortunate that was *all* I said on the topic.... >;)

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    You *should* be counting yourself fortunate that was *all* I said on the topic.... >
    Oh I do Chris, believe me I do.
    Rob.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. What's on your workbench this March.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 13:34
  2. WGF What's on your workbench this February?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 16:20
  3. New Workbench Area
    By ptownhiker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 02:21
  4. For those with models on the workbench...
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-25-2012, 08:03
  5. The Workbench
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 22:58