Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza anyone?

Default Pizza anyone?

Although I have painted several miniatures in the past, I have never painted any aircraft. So I thought I would practice on a Fokker and just have some fun with it.

To go with my avatar and the fact that my favorite frozen pizza is Red Baron pizza I painted the plane as a Red Baron Pizza Plan. It does not resemble the actual Red Baron pizza planes but still had a lot of fun with it.

First of all I make my own water-slide decals. Researched pizza images and rescaled them. Found a decal sheet for Fokker planes for the image on the tail. Rescaled the images and made a decal sheet for the pizza plane.

Painted up the plane using Vallego red #947 and white #951. The gray and black for the wheels are some left over testers paint. Painted the cockpit brown.

The prop, engine, and machine guns are still original.

Applied the decals....The decals on the wings are Red Baron pizza box images. when I scaled them down I did not know if they would be nothing but a blurr but I thnk they turned out okay. Peperoni on the right wing and special deluxe on the left.

Once all the decals were on, sealed them up with some decal bonder and and then a dull coat.

Some of the decals were a little tedious putting on (their is always one that is a pain) but had a lot of fun working with the plane. Only thing I forgot to do was touch up the fuselage decals with some red.

I think if you are going to have a long game of it you should serve up some Red Baron pizza for your gamer friends. Isn't that in the rulebook somewhere?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizza3.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	104986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizza2.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	104987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizza1.jpg 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	104988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizza7.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	104989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizza6.jpg 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	104990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizza4.jpg 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	104991

Shown with the Baron's other planes to show the shade of red used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pizza5.jpg  

Too cool!

Red Baron Pizza should pay you advertising royalties!

Nice painting, how about a sepia wash and the some lights? It would be awesome

Nicely done! I've eaten quite a bit of their pizza over the years. Back when I was a kid, they did a promotion of four die cast little pizza planes on a wood base. How I wish I still had that thing!

Although I am not conversant with this brand of pizza, if I ever get States side I will certainly give it a try.
    Gave me a great laugh Kelly.
    That repaint has to be one of my favourite ones. Could be a very good lead in to a Christmas painting comp!
    Hint, hint.
    Rob.

Nice painting!

And I thought that the myth of the Red Baron had been used just to produce some beer steins like these I never imagined a brand of frozen pizza

Attachment 104996Attachment 104997

There are a few things that use his name.

Name:	Red 1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	104998

Name:	009RedBaron.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	104999

But what I like the best of all is this.

Name:	brown-1.jpg 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	105000

Rob.

Nice re-paint. I'd love to see that on the gaming table.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    That last one is nice!
    I agree!

They were a pretty decent aerobatic show team for quite awhile.

I had to laugh when I saw those. Well done on the plain pizza, er, Pizza Plane...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post

Name:	brown-1.jpg 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	105000
    Nice mural Rob! Source?

Excellent job on the repaint. And yes Rob the last one is the best (wall painting).

I liked your model Kelly a job well done. I also liked the mural Rob a few more of them and not only would you brighten up urban areas but at the same time you would be giveing kids a history lesson they do not get at school!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I liked your model Kelly a job well done. I also liked the mural Rob a few more of them and not only would you brighten up urban areas but at the same time you would be giveing kids a history lesson they do not get at school!
    Yes but where is the Australian Machine Gun Team?
    Dont want the kids getting the wrong historical info!

Thumbs up

Absolutely brilliant Kelly!
    That deserves some free Pizzas or at least some Rep Points.

Nice one, Kelly.

(...except of the red star. I would not order a communist pizza. )

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Excellent job on the repaint. And yes Rob the last one is the best (wall painting).
    Source.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/11...-his-hometown/

Rob.

Nice article, just read through the many posts, it would seem that controversy is still alive and kicking.

I would love to see a set of planes with AD's from other company's. (i.e. A&W rootbeer that one for us snoopy fan's)

Name:	120px-USAAC_Roundel_svg.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	105044

Quote Originally Posted by boomerpete53 View Post
    I would love to see a set of planes with AD's from other company's. (i.e. A&W rootbeer that one for us snoopy fan's)

One of my favorites, from Claveworks Graphics:

Name:	Focke-Wulf Fw-190 A6 in the Red Bull livery.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	105048

Quote Originally Posted by boomerpete53 View Post

Now that's an idea.

Thanks everyone. I am glad everyone got a kick out of it as it was a lot of fun to do.

My favorite flavor:

Rob, excellent photo of the mural in tribute to Ace Roy Brown....very cool. In the small town that I used to live in, Cambridge, Iowa there is a mural there that is done in similar fashion.

Here is the picture:

It does not represent anyone specific but what I like is the USS Iowa in the picture. These types of murals are everywhere.....they are very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chum View Post

In the small town that I used to live in, Cambridge, Iowa there is a mural there that is done in similar fashion.

Here is the picture:

That says it all Kelly.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Thanks Rob. I suspected it might be something to that effect w/ the portrait of Brown & all. The article was a nice read too.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    :cheezy: Yes but where is the Australian Machine Gun Team?:confused:
    Dont want the kids getting the wrong historical info!:smack::cheezy:
    For that, he'd have to be on the ground. >;)

I guess you could say that was a "supreme" repaint! I'm sorry, that was pretty "cheesy".

Just ran across this today. Awesome repaint! Crisp colors and crisp pizza. Doesn't get any better than that!

Default DA PLANE DA PLANE

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Nicely done! I've eaten quite a bit of their pizza over the years. Back when I was a kid, they did a promotion of four die cast little pizza planes on a wood base. How I wish I still had that thing!
    I just happened upon one of the metal planes at a G-Sale, althought it didn't have the base it is in great shape. i might just swap out if you really want one... EVIL LAUGH! oops just saying!

Name:	aces #1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	148889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aces#2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	148890

Didn't Red Baron, or perhaps the Canadian concessionaire actually offer red metal bipes or triplanes as a premium with Red Baron pizza. I recall a scheme where one sent in box flaps and the models came back in the mail. The models were fairly large - perhaps a 3 inch wingspan - and toy store quality. We had 2-3 come through, all suffering the same horrible fate at the hands of our son and his pals.

Ron

I think there's a full set of those somewhere around my grandmother's house... if the thieving bastard little cousin didn't steal it like the coin collection that I was supposed to inherit.

That has to be the Reply of the Week. Now you have me wondering if we share a cousin.

Ron

This would be my mother's dirtbag brother's (note that I refuse to call the waste of biomass and breathable oxygen "my uncle") extra-dirtbag spawn from when he knocked up the town tramp out in a little hicksville near the coast... I doubt it's shared, but there's gotta be one in every family if you look far enough. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    This would be my mother's dirtbag brother's (note that I refuse to call the waste of biomass and breathable oxygen "my uncle") extra-dirtbag spawn from when he knocked up the town tramp out in a little hicksville near the coast... I doubt it's shared, but there's gotta be one in every family if you look far enough. LOL
    Not too fond of him then old chap.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Yep, I had those four metal minis on the base as well. They were cool. Lost mine over in Japan

Great job on the paint job. As others have said you should get paid by the pizza company.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    I'd ask you how you really feel, DB, but.....well this is a family friendly forum.
    I'm sure you're correct that their at least 1 rotten fruit hanging on the family tree; one just have to make sure that you aren't it
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Nice paint job, Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    Something to drink with the pizza (or during the game)
    http://www.bluehillsbrewery.com/beers_red_baron.php
    The artwork of this one certainly looks inspired by the pizza
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I'd ask you how you really feel, DB, but.....well this is a family friendly forum.
    I'm sure you're correct that their at least 1 rotten fruit hanging on the family tree; one just have to make sure that you aren't it
    Karl
    Karl, that WAS the "family friendly" version. Or as much so as I could make it... I'm only tolerating dealing with him until my mother finishes allocating the assets of my grandmother's estate--as soon as his part is cashed out and turned over we're DONE with him and his crowd as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    The artwork of this one certainly looks inspired by the pizza
    Karl
    The one with a Hun? It's fun

Cool repaint there Kelly!! Never thought of eating pizza while playing WoG. That plane convinced me.

Cousin DB - Maybe we are REALLY related! Should we tell the base about Uncle Henry? How about our niece Bridget and the Nine Nasty Nosepickers? Have a great weekend anyway, All. Ron

Kelly,

Name:	Fokker DrI_Jasta1 Schwan1 Card.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	670.7 KB 
ID:	152002

You didn`t provide any Jasta or pilot info. So, this is what I came up with.

PS: Vallejo Dark Vermillion matched to FS31350 in RGB color.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post

Name:	Fokker DrI_Jasta1 Schwan1 Card.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	670.7 KB 
ID:	152002

Karl

If Amazon wants to deliver with drones, Red Baron should fly a pizza to your driveway!

Mike that is awesome.....thank you! Baron von Schawn....what a hoot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. National: Firenze - Wings of Glory Pizza Edition - 15 Maggio 2013
    By Ducalutra in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 12:42