Ares Games

Thread: Messerschmitt Bf109F crash - Denmark - 18 Aug 13

Default Messerschmitt Bf109F crash - Denmark - 18 Aug 13

Just read that the EADS Traditionsflug Bf109G-4 'Rote 7' has landed off airport during an Airshow at Roskilde Airport yesterday afternoon. The aircraft apparently suffered from engine malfunction of some sorts, and the pilot decided to put her down in a field.

Initial reports say the pilot is fine, no word on the condition of the aircraft, though from the picture, hopefully it's not too badly bent.

http://www.bt.dk/krimi/tysk-jagerfly...w-ved-roskilde
    Last edited by Baldrick62; 08-19-2013 at 13:43. Reason: Confirmed as a G-4 rather than an F.

Ouch, glad the pilot is OK.

In the video there's a gentlemen on the phone...

"Hello darling? I'm sorry but there's been a spot of bother and I've bent the One-Oh-Nine."

A bit further on I like the Soviet era Antonov taking off in the background - massive biplane.

Ouch! At least the driver got out OK, but it has not been a good year for prangs, minor or otherwise.

Edit: We have Danish speaker in the office, who translated the text and confirmed that the pilot was OK and the plane wasn't badly damaged, considering.
    Last edited by Guntruck; 08-19-2013 at 04:58.

but I'm glad the pilot is OK

Attilio

Good to hear the pilot got out O.K. and that we have not added another aircraft to the losses suffered this year.
    A superstitious pilot might say that 13 was an unlucky year.
    Rob.

Nice crash landing.

I'm glad the pilot made it out without any harm.

Wood prop on it, from the pics....

I am glad that the pilot escaped o.k.. Hopefully the plane can be rebuilt because it seems fairly intact.

Likewise glad that the pilot escaped seemingly unharmed - let's hope the 109 can fly again

I was wondering why he did a belly landing and didn't put the wheels down. Suppose he thought belly landing would be less damage for where he landed. Wheels down might have torn the undercarriage up more and do more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I was wondering why he did a belly landing and didn't put the wheels down. Suppose he thought belly landing would be less damage for where he landed. Wheels down might have torn the undercarriage up more and do more damage.
    Given how hard it is to land a -109 under fully-controlled conditions (with all power available, and at a paved airfield): I suspect the protocol for an emergency landing off-airport is "keep the gear up".

Thumbs up

It looks to be a clean landing. That kept any damage to a minimum. The damage to the crops seems to be minor. A dammed good pilot!

Rich

Talk about a 70 year flashback! Glad to hear the pilot's ok and the aircraft in decent shape.

Seems like pretty clean crash landing. I'm glad pilot is fine.

Similar Missions

1. WGS Channel Front 1941 - 1/200 Air 200 Messerschmitt Bf109F JG2 'Richthofen'
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 00:08
  2. WGS Ostfront - 1/200 Air 200 Messerschmitt Bf109F's JG 54 Grünherz
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 00:14
  3. WGS North Africa - 1/200 Air 200 Messerschmitt Bf109F JG27 'Afrika'
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 06:54