It was way back in 1977 when I built my first Zeppelin. It was the predecessor to the Hawk kit that Albert Ross just finished . . .

I found it languishing in a box in the garage, victim of 28 cross country moves over the years, none by air . . .

The vacu-form construction was a bit fragile on such a huge model, both ends have taken a beating

I remember it in its glory, hanging over my office door back in the Boeing days, the computer lab guys made a blinking red and green LED Christmas wreath for it with a sign inviting all to visit Berlin this Christmas . . . not so shiny today

Here the tired ship rests atop the new version by Hawk models, complete with LED cockpit lighting feature!

This kit is still out there and available for around $100. The scale is 1/245" which makes the final ship 38.5" long and 4.89" in diameter-within our range kinda.

The new kit is injection molded and much stronger although a bit heavier. Check out Albert Ross's thread on the Graf goes to war for an excellent adaptation for WOG use. Ah, those were the days, you never forget your first Zeppelin . . .