Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWII Deluxe Set to be released in the US

Default WWII Deluxe Set to be released in the US

Roberto Di Meglio of Nexus games just confirmed that the WWII Deluxe Set will be available to the English speaking world and on sell in the US via Fantasy Flight games! It is expected to hit stores in late Sept / Oct.
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 08-13-2009 at 21:58.

Wildcard

Im really hoping we can get new paint schemes for the Wildcats instead of the Spitfires

The Deluxe Set contains the basic rules, altitude rules, additional scenario rules, several extra scenarios, A B C & D damage tokens, a full set of player aids (4 game boards, many counters and 2 rulers) and the following 4 planes (including card, maneuver deck, and stand for each).

So, you will get one repaint of the Wildcat.
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 08-13-2009 at 21:58.

Color scheme for the 109 in the Deluxe set
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pankratz.jpg  
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 08-13-2009 at 21:59.

Wildcard

Sweetness....that just sold the box for me lol

I've got a buddy who just took the plunge into the wonderful world of Wings of War. He started out by grabbing the entire WWII first set, and he's been drooling over the new paint schemes that are supposed to come with the deluxe set. I think the new skins are the only reason he'll be buying it!

What's the price tag on that supposed to be?

If it is priced like the WWI set, should come in around $60 or so... a good price for 4 planes and all the rules and counts.

I will be waiting for the deluxe set, as though I have the Dawn of War box, I don't really know if I want to play the WW2 too much. Although, I will be at a shop on Thursday that has all the planes, which may force me to own them. All of them.

Lol, I've been waiting for the Deluxe set to come out, I'm sure I'll still end up buying the DoW set, as I need all the extra stuff to run my campaigns. The nice thing about the WWII Deluxe set is that the planes in it will have different paint jobs then the single planes. The WWI had the same planes in it.

Please notice the bomb under the Bf.109. The ones in the airplane packs are pure fighters without it, while this one was used for bombing attacks on England during the Battle of Britain with a 250 kg bomb, and it will give occasion for some different scenario.
    (500 kg bombs were also used with the 109, but only for short range missions).

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

I was wondering: we will we be getting a green Zero on the deluxe set?

Wildcard

I need more American planes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravitypool View Post
    I was wondering: we will we be getting a green Zero on the deluxe set?
    Yes, it is still an A6M2, but with a color scheme from later in the war. It will help players to tell which plane belongs to who better than another gray one...

I just hope Miniature Market will have this deluxe set, cause I really need it now

I know this is going to sound like a bit of a Rookie question, but is the Delux set going to have different couloured paint schemes to that that has already been released?

Any of you guys paint minis? I've been toying with the idea of buying a few extra Spitfires, and attempting to change the squadron and plane letters so that I can have a flight of four that don't look identical.

Of course, the Zero and the Wildcat would lend themselves to a custom paint job even more...

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith13 View Post
    Any of you guys paint minis? I've been toying with the idea of buying a few extra Spitfires, and attempting to change the squadron and plane letters so that I can have a flight of four that don't look identical.
    Thats pretty much what I did prior to the DOW minis comming out. I've got a whole load of 1:144 scale WW2 minis painted up and flying on the WOW flying bases

Quote Originally Posted by aarondpjames View Post
    I know this is going to sound like a bit of a Rookie question, but is the Delux set going to have different couloured paint schemes to that that has already been released?
    Appropriate question, since the WW1 Deluxe had color schemes that were included also in Series 1 Airplane packs.

WW2 Deluxe will have different schemes instead. These four:

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I
    Pilot Officer Alan Wright
    Royal Air Force - UK

Grumman FM-1 Wildcat
    Lieutenant (junior grade) Earl H. Steiger
    United States Marine Corps - USA

Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3
    Feldwebel Erhardt Pankratz
    Luftwaffe - Germany

Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen
    Kokutaicho Iyozo Fujita
    Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu - Japan

While the following ones are the 12 included in Series 1 Airplane packs for WW2:

WW17a
    Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I
    Squadron Leader Eric Clive Le Mesurier
    1416 Flight Royal Air Force
    Great Britain

WW17b
    Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II
    Flight Lieutenant Adolphe Vybral
    312 Squadron Royal Air Force
    Great Britain

WW17c
    Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II
    Flying Officer Jan Falkowski
    315 Squadron Royal Air Force
    Great Britain

WW17d
    Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3
    Leutnant Werner Mölders
    JG53 Luftwaffe
    Germany

WW17e
    Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3
    Hauptmann Wilhelm Balthasar
    JG27 Luftwaffe
    Germany

WW17f
    Messerschmitt BF109 E-4
    Oberst Adolf Galland
    JG26 Luftwaffe
    Germany

WW17g
    Grummann F4F-3 Wildcat
    Major Robert Edward Galer
    VMF-224 United States Marine Corps
    USA

WW17h
    Grummann F4F-3 Martlet III
    Lieutenant-Commander Alan F. Black
    No. 805 Naval Air Squadron Fleet Air Arm
    Great Britain

WW17i
    Grummann F4F-4 Wildcat
    Pilot Hamilton McWorther
    VF-29 US Navy
    USA

WW17j
    Mitsubishi A6M2
    Reisen Chūsa Tadashi Kaneko
    6° Kokutai Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu
    Japan

WW17k
    Mitsubishi A6M2
    Reisen Heiso Saburo Sakai
    Tainan Kokutai Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu
    Japan

WW17l
    Mitsubishi A6M2
    Reisen Daisa Saburo Shindo
    1° Koku Kantai – 1° Koku Sentai Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu
    Japan

So we have the ability of getting 4 of each aircraft? Outstanding!!!

Having a fourth miniature of each type is a good idea since the tactics were to fly in 'Finger Four' formation.

PVT64

Smile New Minis

Always got to love new minis!!!!!

cool, will be able to fly my 109s in a four ship without doing repaints....assuming there is a UK release also??

Quote Originally Posted by C Stewart View Post
    cool, will be able to fly my 109s in a four ship without doing repaints....assuming there is a UK release also??
    Thats a good point. Does anyone know if the Delux set is going to grace the UK shores or will we have to try and order it in from the US?

I'd sooner not order have to sneak into the American market to get it as I'd be depriving someone from the 1000's of dedicated US players from owning there own Delux set.

Everything released in USA should be available in UK too. UK receives goods from Italy, anyway: quicker and cheaper than in the first times when the game was produced/assembled in Italy, English copies went across the Ocean to USA and then back across the Ocean to UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    UK receives goods from Italy, anyway: quicker and cheaper than in the first times
    Music to my ears!!!!

Angiolillo, your great! If you dont become a millionire from WOW/DOW with the amount of effort you put in, then there is no justice in this world!!

I'll certanly do my part to make you rich.........just dont tell my wife!!!

The EU is to blame. It's the Euro currency. If it was not introduced, I would have been millionaire thanks to WoW!

(We had Lira instead, and 1 Euro = 1936,27 Liras... a bit more than 500 euros in liras would have been enough to be a millionaire...)

Everything released in USA should be available in UK too. UK receives goods from Italy, anyway: quicker and cheaper than in the first times when the game was produced/assembled in Italy, English copies went across the Ocean to USA and then back across the Ocean to UK.
    Thanks Andrea, we will be keeping our eyes peeled for this one.. playing DoW with minis for the first time this weekend ..(though we've been playing without for ages)

The EU is to blame. It's the Euro currency. If it was not introduced, I would have been millionaire thanks to WoW!

(We had Lira instead, and 1 Euro = 1936,27 Liras... a bit more than 500 euros in liras would have been enough to be a millionaire...)
    well, it's better you have Euro... that's a stronger currency and well backed up by lots of powerful countries.

Anyway, you say in UK we could find the game cheaper than in the US?
    What about Italy? Can you recommend me an official vendor? Until now I was buying my/your stuff from the US, but I live in UE... so...

Convert it to Zimbabwe dollars - at one point they were printing $100,000,000,000 (One hundred billion dollar) notes.

You could by three eggs for this, hens eggs.

Cheaper to wipe your butt on the money than buy loo roll.

Go on Mr Mugabe - tell us again it's all the fault of the evil colonialists.

Quote Originally Posted by AlgyLacey View Post
    than buy loo roll.
    Is that the common term for toilet paper over there or is it slang?

I'm just curious about these little differences. Always have been ever since my drunk friend almost got in a fight in a Lenigrad hotel when an English girl asked for a cigarette. She walked up and said, "Fag?" He thought she was making reference to the fact he had practically carried (dragged?) me into our hotel room.

Lord, that was in 1987 ... 22 years ago. I am getting old.

I do believe this completes the thread highjack

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    Anyway, you say in UK we could find the game cheaper than in the US?
    No sorry, I meant cheaper than it was before, when copies produced in Italy reached UK through USA.

There are several national distributors (France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Greece, Finland, Japan...) and each distributes locally an edition in its own language. Check the country you are in. Only thing: the rulebook will be in the language of the country, if there is a local distributor.

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

Cockpit and dogfight posted the cover of the boxed set for those of you who love spoilers-
    http://cockpit-traditions.blogspot.com/

Yesterday I chatted by phone with Roberto Di Meglio, the boss of NG International. He was preparing the booth for the Essen fair in Germany. He had little hills of WW2 Deluxe sets all around him, for the joy of the people visiting the fair.
    Mad Man's Magic will have it and will demo it at their booth. Be careful - I guess that NG has English copies and MMM German ones.

spidey10

I just hope Miniature Market will have this deluxe set, cause I really need it now
    I second this statement!

artbraune

Question

Does anyone have an idea as to when the PDF copy of the rules for this will be posted now that the product was released at Essen?

Thanks much!
    Art

Yesterday I chatted by phone with Roberto Di Meglio, the boss of NG International. He was preparing the booth for the Essen fair in Germany. He had little hills of WW2 Deluxe sets all around him, for the joy of the people visiting the fair.
    Mad Man's Magic will have it and will demo it at their booth. Be careful - I guess that NG has English copies and MMM German ones.

I cant find anywhere this Deluxe set...

I'm not sure how long it will take Nexus of FFG to post the PDF Rules. I would not expect much difference then the already posted Dawn of War PDF as far as rules are concerned.

artbraune

I am guessing prettier pictures for examples based on what I have seen on BGG...

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    I'm not sure how long it will take Nexus of FFG to post the PDF Rules. I would not expect much difference then the already posted Dawn of War PDF as far as rules are concerned.

The Deluxe also includes some rules for the two-seaters (as seen in Fire from the sky), since minis for them are being released soon.

Here a game session - or something like that - at Essen on official playing mats:

(a ballon from Balloon Busters is used as a scenario decoration).

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/587492

As excited as I am for the Deluxe set and rules, that balloon looks pretty sweet!

Yes it does! Andrea, is that the production base it is setting on?

CountZero

The deluxe set is on preorder phase here in Spain... hope it'll be available soon...

Let us know when it becomes available.

CountZero

Let us know when it becomes available.
    Don't care about it, i'll do. I'll be my birthday gift so i'm waiting for it to appear...

Best regards

Happy Birthday then to you... when that comes

CountZero

In fact, my birthday has already gone (October 3th) but I'm still waiting for my gift... Thanks anyway

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

It was sold already at Essen "Spiel", so it should be available soon.

Just got my set today. Will try to post pics.

Last edited by Dorb; 11-12-2009 at 16:56. Reason: Try to add pics

Coolstuffinc has it in stock at their website.

I saw this at my brick&mortar yesterday. As much as I believe in "dealing locally", it was just too expensive. Gonna have to get it from the internet ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Balloon Busters set
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 332
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 09:01