Ares Games

Thread: A picture from Prague Summer Con

Default A picture from Prague Summer Con

We had a WoG Cone here in Prague last weekend. I like this picture so i wanted to share

Attachment 100858

The old guy sitting on the left side is a real pilot (Mig 15, 17, 21).

Very nice, Jan.

You edited the picture very well.

More important, Jan, what'd the guy who's Played For Real Marbles think of the game? :P

Nice photo, and nice selective colorization!

Just a note.

The man in the yellow T-shirt is Ládínek, the owner of the board games shop and the gaming club Svět deskových her. We all owe him our thanks for the awesome support and hospitality, without which the Con would have been much more difficult to organize, if possible at all, due to the number of participants (21 pilots in total during the two days of gaming).

@ Diamondback: I have to ask him yet. I think this was his first game. I am going to visit him soon, because he casts his own 1/200 scale airplanes. When i saw his FW-190 "Dora" and He 52, i kinda started staggerin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    More important, Jan, what'd the guy who's Played For Real Marbles think of the game? :P

Nice photo, and nice selective colorization!
    He seemed quite impressed with WGF when he tried it, even though he did not score any kills.

Originally, on Friday, he came to the shop to buy some airplanes for his collection of 900 models (which contains models of all the airplanes that had ever served in the Czechoslovak or Czech air forces since 1918). Then he watched us play and apologized for not being able to come on Saturday. Needless to say that not only he did come, but we actually persuaded him to play with us and I think we may have gotten him hooked a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    Just a note. The man in the yellow T-shirt is Ládínek, the owner of the board games shop and the gaming club Svět deskových her. We all owe him our thanks for the awesome support and hospitality, without which the Con would have been much more difficult to organize, if possible at all, due to the number of participants (21 pilots in total during the two days of gaming).
    Fitting that he was highlighted due to his yellow shirt - maybe he should get a medal for his outstanding service !

well done nice picture and report.

Great photo of a fighter pilot who flew jets playing with WWI planes. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Very poignant Sven.
    Rob.
    Attached Images  

I am proud to be the wingman of this man in the blue t-shirt.

Chaps, I've just uploaded the pictures I took from the games. They are in an album that shoudl be fairly easy to spot I hope yu like them.

Great picture Jan, I love the color highlights!!!

Thumbs up

Thats a great picture Jan & very cleverly done!
    What a great thing to have an actual Combat Pilot in the game.

Great set of pictures Dave.
    Do you know where the coloured bags for the chits came from?
    Rob.

Those were mine. They sell them here in a D&D shop. I think that if you find a coloured fabric, or a white fabric which you can colour at home, you can even make these.

Hehe, i was actually thinking about a technology that would let me put a nice letters on the bags. Guess i will try a thinned bleach and see. I used to do my hippie shirts that way when i was a kid.

Similar Missions

1. Prague Summer Con - Prelude mission
    By Lino22 in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 18:32
  2. Prague Summer Con 2013
    By Nightbomber in forum Past Prague Summer Cons
    Replies: 366
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 15:19
  3. Medal for Prague Summer Con
    By Marechallannes in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9