Ares Games

Thread: Salute 2014 - stand up and be counted

Default Salute 2014 - stand up and be counted

Right chaps, Salute is on 12th April at Excel in London and the applications for tables are being sent out now. I've asked for an application form, but need to know how many of you lot are willing to join in the fun and frolics to see if it's a runner. Those wanting to put on some games take one step forward.

Perhaps the squadron liaison officer can talk to Ares if he hasn't already done so?

I expect that the Squadron Liaison Officer will be willing to talk to Ares, as soon as he returns from his current mission Steve.
    I would love to join you if I can, but can't answer directly until I have spoken to my Logistics Officer. Having never done Salute since it was in Kensington Town Hall, I would love the chance to put another game on there, now that it is in its new venue.
    Rob.

Would love to but is dependent on me getting back to work and finding out what my shift pattern will be. Will be able to give a firm answer after new year.

Lffvet

Steve,

Although I am new to the game, it'll give me a year of practice.

I used to manage a games shop, so have a little experience in hosting things.

I am up for it if you need numbers

Put me down Gunners

I'll see what I can clear with "her indoors"

SLO is a "possible" for this event. And he has already contacted Ares (a few months back). Response was essentially "we haven't had time to think about our 2014schedule yet, we'll get back to you". So I'll drop them a line a bit later in the year.

Nasher

New to the game but as a ex South London Warlord it would be good to go back for a day, if you need body's, then I'm in

Would love to step up. Can't give a 100% yes as I work for the emergency services so do get pulled in with no warning. However the 12th is a day off according to my roster as it stands so could I be penciled in as a possible

Will be available for this if required, had planned to attend anyway, this would make it more enjoyable.

Right, I've just sent off the application form for a table. I've asked for an 8.5' by 5' table, which should give ample space for 4 mats and a bit of a display area. Closing date for applications is 31st October, so we should know if we are successful some time in January.

I've said it will be a WW1 game only as it is a one-day event. As it is a participation game we will get 8 free badges. If there is more than 8 bodies extra badges will be a tenner each.

Hopefully it will be an opportunity to give my shiny new coastal airship a run out.

Quote Originally Posted by se5a View Post
    Will be available for this if required, had planned to attend anyway, this would make it more enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
    New to the game but as a ex South London Warlord it would be good to go back for a day, if you need body's, then I'm in
    The more the merrier, and the more chance we have of being able to get a chance to mooch round the show

Great news Steve.
    Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed that they want us there.
    Or do we write submission and then bribe the officials to look favourably on us al a FIFA?
    Rob.

I hear that Sepp Blatter bloke is a fiendish cheat and tantrum thrower when it comes to Wings of Glory. Also he doesn't allow British planes in any of his games. Honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Or do we write submission and then bribe the officials to look favourably on us al a FIFA?
    Rob.
    Well, it was definitely a brown envelope job as that was the only colour I had when I sent off the form

I am quietly confident

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    SLO is a "possible" for this event. And he has already contacted Ares (a few months back). Response was essentially "we haven't had time to think about our 2014schedule yet, we'll get back to you". So I'll drop them a line a bit later in the year.
    Not doing anything nautical then?

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Not doing anything nautical then?
    The NWS is doing something. Hopefully SGN. I personally can't commit to anything just yet as I have something work related that may be happening at the same time and I won't know for certain for some time

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 12:21
  2. Anyone going to Salute tomorrow?
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 15:00
  3. Salute to Thomatchef!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 04:35
  4. Salute and Thanks