Ares Games
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Series 2 Reprints

Default Series 2 Reprints

I've just had word that Series 2 is the next reprint that is being worked on and that we should see them late this year! So, all you little boys and girls looking for some Fokker D.VIIs should put them on your Christmas list!

Attachment 130644Attachment 130645Attachment 130646

Attachment 130647Attachment 130648Attachment 130649

Attachment 130653Attachment 130654Attachment 130655

Attachment 130650Attachment 130651Attachment 130652

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I've just had word that Series 2 is the next reprint that is being worked on and that we should see them late this year! So, all you little boys and girls looking for some Fokker D.VIIs should put them on your Christmas list!

Oh frabjous day callooh callay he chortled in his joy.
    Rob.

This is good news, indeed. Will Goering's white Fokker be one of them?

Will the rest of the planes follow the original series - Snipe, DH.4, Roland C.II?

Indeed splenderous! We should have enough time to save some cents, or maybe I'll just buy less gifts for my brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    This is good news, indeed. Will Goering's white Fokker be one of them?

Will the rest of the planes follow the original series - Snipe, DH.4, Roland C.II?
    For the first question, I'd be surprised if it wasn't, just because of customization purposes. For the 2nd, I have the same question too: D.VII, Snipe, C.II & DH.4?

I've got an inquire in about which of the original pilots will be reprinted. A long time ago it was said that Goering would be the D.VII, but I'm hoping that has changed.

As to what other planes will be included, it is a complete reprint of Series 2, so we will also get the Snipe, C.II and DH.4.

Personally, I'll pick up all the new D.VIIs and Snipes (and lots of extra D.VIIs for repaints), but this might be the first release that I do not pick up one of everything. I very rarely use my C.IIs and DH.4s, so don't see a real need to buy those unless I just have to have a complete collection.

I've got an inquire in about which of the original pilots will be reprinted. A long time ago it was said that Goering would be the D.VII, but I'm hoping that has changed.

As to what other planes will be included, it is a complete reprint of Series 2, so we will also get the Snipe, C.II and DH.4.

Personally, I'll pick up all the new D.VIIs and Snipes (and lots of extra D.VIIs for repaints), but this might be the first release that I do not pick up one of everything. I very rarely use my C.IIs and DH.4s, so don't see a real need to buy those unless I just have to have a complete collection.
    Thanks Keith. I plan on buying one of everything, since I don't have ANY of them. Beats building my own!

Good news !!!! Seems it will be all the series for me

I look forward to getting new schemes of this series, although I already have a number of Roland's.
    Would love to se an official Sachsenberg or Hipperts MIMMI

but this might be the first release that I do not pick up one of everything. I very rarely use my C.IIs and DH.4s, so don't see a real need to buy those unless I just have to have a complete collection.
    Wait 6 months; you'll be able to get them for $6 a piece...

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    Wait 6 months; you'll be able to get them for $6 a piece...
    But I still would not need them. LOL I'm sure I'll pick them up, I mean I've got all the WGS minis and never play with them either.

Excellent, excellent, my precious!!!!

Well be buying the D.VIIs also repaints of the bombers just to have one of everything. Never played with the Snipes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bth_champion.gif 
Views:	1675 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	98078

Karl

Well, I'll certainly be following your lead with the D.VIIs; really hoping we get at least 1 lozenge easy to repaint like Schaefer. No Goring, thanks.
    As for the rest, I'll probably pick up the new Snipes, and maybe the Rolands, but I have enough DH-4s for full formation raids with both USA and Brits.
    Karl

Nice news, but will the foam hanger trays be restocked anytime before then?

Yes Keith, i more or less with yo on that.
    Iwill buy loads of DVIIs, any Snipes that I fancy, but only any others if they are from the same Squadron as the ones I already have. Then I can run a sortie with matching aircraft. I don't use them enough even to bother with repaints.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    ... any Snipes that I fancy, but only any others if they are from the same Squadron as the ones I already have. Then I can run a sortie with matching aircraft.
    Well, given that unless ARES decide on some 1919/RCW schemes there are only 2 sqns that flew the Snipe operationally (43 Sqn RAF, 4 Sqn AFC), you should be in with a shout.

I dunno, a dedicated Russian Civil War reprint set for the Centennial could be cool... what all planes do we have cards for already for it other than Snipes, D.VIIs, Camels and SPAD VII's?

I need at least three more unique Snipes, so I'll most likely do one repaint on them.

This is absolutely wonderful news! Must...buy...multiples...

SWMBO was not pleased with my purchase of a few of the latest release, and the D.VIIs will not be here soon enough for the OtT campaigns dudes.

I need a second job to pay for my hobby. And my slide into the Dark Side of WGS, and all "those" minis is making a high paying job a must!

Mike :-)

You are to right Mike The Force is strong. Must go rob a bank or 2 to keep the minis going.

The answer is simple, gentlemen. All Ares has to do is get the release out in early December. I would be happy because I'd be getting planes for Christmas, and SWMBO would be happy because she'd have no problem picking me out a gift. Unfortunately, based on hard experience, I don't think we'll see these till after the new year.
    Last edited by somaliavet; 07-09-2013 at 18:57.

I just hope they use the original sculpts (with better pilots) and don't make the "improvements" (sic) that they inflicted on the series 1 reprints.

Can't wait to see what different paint schemes there are. Thanks for the news.

Thumbs up

Good news indeed!
    Definitely need more D.VII's & some more Aussie Snipes.

I'm looking forward to see the prototypes! Is there any info availale which paint schemes are getting replaced - and if yes whats the new one?

I'm told we should see some photos of the production mini something in September-ish. I can confirm that for the Fokker D.VIIs, Goering will be the reprint. I can't release what the two new ones will be (so please don't ask), but one of them is going to make us all very happy!

With an update like that I might just have to dust off the old time machine blueprints and get to work!

However, I am a little upset they chose Goering as the reprint though. Udet is obviously the one that almost EVERYONE needs, but I guess that's just going to make it more rare and expensive.
    Last edited by alpine; 07-10-2013 at 15:34.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    However, I am a little upset they chose Goering as the reprint though. Udet is obviously the one that almost EVERYONE needs, but I guess that's just going to make it more rare and expensive.
    It's the one every repainter needs... it's not the best seller from the original set.

Yah I figured as a repainting perspective Goering would be the easiest one to go with since its practically a blank canvas.

The problem is that 90% of the D.VIIs had lozenge camo on the wings and a lot also had it on the fuselage. The lozenge decal selection is pretty slim out there, so that makes Goering actually kind of hard to use for repainting. You still have to remove or paint over the crosses on the Goering, so you could almost as easily use either of the other two. But in this reprint, I think Goering is going to be the best one for repainting from.

Sachsenberg and Hippert? Or some of the foreign transfers like Lithuania and Poland?

Or are these going to be previously-uncarded versions? I've added notes on existing cards to the 2013+ Intel thread...

Well, I don't need any more of those 2 seaters, so i'll skip those, and i have plenty of Snipes with the original 3 since I never use them (except as stand-ins for the much needed Pup), so i'll skip those as well. I don't repaint, so no extra Goering for me.

That leaves two new D.VII's for me to pick up, which makes me happy for the new schemes *and* happy that I'll be saving a lot of money on this release!

About Udet: I would really miss his plane if I didn't had it already

Hmmm... to the other D.VIIs. Lothar would be nice of course and Löwenhardt! I guess its the latter one who gets reprinted.

I'm assuming Berthold will be one, due to being able to do the whole Jasta just by changing the emblems.

Hmm... Herr Oberst's conspiracy makes me think about Udet

As famous as the pilot is, I find his D.VII extremely unattractive.
    Karl

Glad to hear about the series 2 reprint. For those of you who say you never fly your Snipes, all I can say is why not? It's a fantastic plane and when my buddy Rick and I flew a pair of DVII's against a pair of Snipes, the Snipes won 2 of the 3 matches. It's a wonderful plane to fly.

It is a great plane.

The first squadron to equip with the new fighter was No. 43 Squadron, based at Fienvillers in France, which replaced its Camels with 15 Snipes on 30 August 1918. After spending much of September training, it flew its first operational patrols equipped with the Snipe on 24 September.

That makes 48 days of operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    As famous as the pilot is, I find his D.VII extremely unattractive.
    Karl
    I wouldn't comment personal taste, it's - personal , but I find Goering's white one very attractive. Also, SWMBO insists on having Udet's red-white one...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Snipes and DVIIs for me depending on which schemes they go for. I want to get a flight of five Snipes, having missed out the first time around. 43 Squadron RAF would be ideal. I'll only buy more DVIIs if they will be useful for repainting, and I don't consider the all white example to be useful since the wings pretty much need covering in lozenge fabric no matter what you tackle. That isn't easy to do. The Jasta 15 plane was always the best one for repainting. I'd be very happy to see another Jasta 15 plane or Jasta 18 or 40.

Beyond that I never liked the look of the DH4 so I doubt I'd buy them but any late war CIIs would be a definite purchase by me.

What I'm really waiting for though are the Brisfit and the SE5a.

Ditto on your comments! Looking forward to adding some new D.VIIs!!

Available cards for reprint candidates:
    Sop. Snipe Fok. D.VII AIRCO DH.4 LFG Rol. C. II
    SU, unknown
    SU, Sapozhnikov
    UK, Mulcair
    RU, Kozakov
    HU, camo
    HU, natural
    Czech CSL, unknown
    GE, Sachsenberg
    GE, Hippert

Ukraine, unknown
    Lithuania, unknown
    PO, Bastyr
    SU, unknown
    all existing cards printed GE, Kasta 8
    GE, Kosmahl
    My guesses about most logical contenders are in bold. We'll probably see two "virgin" DH.4's and a similar Snipe, as I would not expect to see the effort to smother the nascent Red Menace before it grew into a real threat released anytime soon. (Frankly, I'd rather see it as a separate sub-line within WGF than cluttering the regular series--and this from a guy who wants to see every card from the original done as minis, and eventually wants to see complete "official" squadron releases!)

Quote Originally Posted by john snelling View Post
    The first squadron to equip with the new fighter was No. 43 Squadron, based at Fienvillers in France, which replaced its Camels with 15 Snipes on 30 August 1918. After spending much of September training, it flew its first operational patrols equipped with the Snipe on 24 September.

That makes 48 days of operations.
    One also has to consider: The Snipe's operational time in WW1 didn't end through any fault of its own -- the War it was supposed to fight was pulled out from under it. Contrast this with the Fokker whose tail assembly kept falling off, forcing its removal to points well inside Germany.

I can't wait for them, I didn't get into W of W until after series three.

I was just looking at the Series 6 planes and I think 2 of them could be a D VII repaint. The same pilot in two different planes.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Series 1 reprints - Full Photo review
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 17:43
  2. Series 1 Reprints in the UK
    By David Manley in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 07:48
  3. Yee--Haa! Series One reprints dispatched!!!!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 11:07
  4. Series 1 Reprints - Any News?
    By David Manley in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 11:58
  5. Update on reprints, bombers ans series 6 - 7 June
    By Madboyo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 13:51