Ares Games
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Series 2 Reprints

Well release date is tomorrow so preorders should be going out this week. Looking forward to getting some new planes but don't want to interfere with Keith's duties.

Hi All,

My reprints arrived today courtesy of the Drome, ordered the two new DVII's,DH4's(not the kiel canal model), the grey Gotha and a camo Caproni. I have to say they are all very nice models, especially the paint jobs on the DVII's. All in all worth the money

Glad to here yours arrived today Mark, and that they are up to snuff.
    I will look out for mine in the next couple of days then.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Do we know what the problem is this time?
    A print issue with one of the cards.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Well that could've been a lot worse then - hopefully not too long to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by chequers View Post
    DH4's(not the kiel canal model),
    Um, which one is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    A print issue with one of the cards.
    i figured it had to be the cards or packaging as anything else wouldve delayed it longer. kudos to ares for catching it and making it right

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Um, which one is that?
    The Cotton/Betts one in buff/light blue cammo

...very nice models, especially the paint jobs on the DVII's. All in all worth the money
    I concur, I can finally fly my avatar !

Hi All,

My reprints arrived today courtesy of the Drome, ordered the two new DVII's,DH4's(not the kiel canal model), the grey Gotha and a camo Caproni. I have to say they are all very nice models, especially the paint jobs on the DVII's. All in all worth the money
    I don't know what is worse. Knowing but not getting, or not knowing when they will arrive.

I don't have a tracking number for my planes, so I don't know where they are in the system. Canada Post is soo variable in it's handling. They could arrive at any time. My Dual Pack from 12-7 Games was shipped with a tracking number. It arrived four days earlier than the estimated arrival time, and I was out of province. I ended up getting it on return, at the estimated date.

Where are the Reprints? If the UK is already receiving them, they are caught in the handling vortex of Canada Post, languishing at the various hubs on the way to Vancouver Island (nothing goes directly to the island, it all goes through Vancouver, then a sub-station on the island, then the regional station in the Comox Valley, then to the delivery section. Sometimes, the package is too big, and it then goes to the local post office, for pick-up a day and a half later. Seems that it goes back through the regional station and out to the local office. You'd think they would know what would, or wouldn't, fit in the Superbox and just send it to the local office, but they don't.).

Waiting, waiting, waiting...
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Well, if you pre-ordered from 12-7 and had a Roland in the mix, Bill's default is to hold orders until the pre-ordered item comes in unless otherwise directed--and he's on vacation ATM, so if the Rolands come in while he's out they'll hit mail when he returns.

Well my D.VII's (Stark & Sachsenberg) flew in today - woo hoo. Two very colourful aircraft though I thought that Stark's D.VII was more lilac than bright pink. Still, my wife and daughters will probably like it just the way it is!

Here is the Wingnut Wings rendition of this D.VII.
    Last edited by Biggles downunder; 08-13-2014 at 20:26. Reason: Added URL

Well my Stark D.VII has arrived today which has cheered me up, plus my swmbo wasn't around when the postie delivered my parcel ( phew )

I know exactly what you mean Mike. My first couple of orders arrived the week after they were sent, but since then orders have slowed down. It's hard not to get impatient .

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

My stock's landed, and very pleased I am too. Have promptly commandeered a couple of Fokkers for my own use, and while I still lament the lack of a D.VII model with plain lozenge wings, they're definitely very nice models - shall have to find the time to dust off a couple of old projects so my Snipes have opponents once more....

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Well, if you pre-ordered from 12-7 and had a Roland in the mix, Bill's default is to hold orders until the pre-ordered item comes in unless otherwise directed--and he's on vacation ATM, so if the Rolands come in while he's out they'll hit mail when he returns.
    I ordered from the 'drone, and already received my shipping notice. I only ordered scouts, none of the two-seater's. Five D.VIIs and two Snipes ( I didn't have any Fokker's, but three Snipe first prints).

So, I'm playing the waiting game, not doing the Happy Dance. Yet.
    Mike

Guess what I found in the mail box this morning?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Series II Reprints Box.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	140503

Name:	Series II Reprints Minis.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	140504

I fed the cats, so I could open the box, unsupervised.

Keith: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank... Repaints? Darn. Maybe decals?

PS: Out of consideration and decency, no YouTube video of the Happy Dance. The neighborhood has more proof of my insanity (or immaturity).
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    PS: Out of consideration and decency, no YouTube video of the Happy Dance. The neighborhood has more proof of my insanity (or immaturity).

;)

Chris,
    Lots less enthusiam, and more maturity in your video. No yelling and jumping about like a 13-year old girl at a boy-band concert, either.
    Mike

I also received mine today,
    Thanks Keith.

If they are coming in for a landing in other parts of Canada I am sure mine will be here soon...yes.... *rubs hands together*

LOOP

Is it only me that have found a little mistake in the reprinted M-deck?
    The broad sideswipes have no steep-indicator. At first I thought that it was no mistake but it must be.
    On the old WoW-one it is steep and no other AC have a none steep, broad sideswipe.
    So ... well.... pehaps time for a pencil

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    Is it only me that have found a little mistake in the reprinted M-deck?
    The broad sideswipes have no steep-indicator. At first I thought that it was no mistake but it must be.
    On the old WoW-one it is steep and no other AC have a none steep, broad sideswipe.
    So ... well.... pehaps time for a pencil
    Or just treat it as a special Ace ability!
    Rob.

LOOP

Just my thought. It's no big deal. But if you could use The new M-ceck as it is. You could do some amazing avaisive manouvers if you are chased at close range.
    : Broad sideslip right, Broad sideslip right, Broad sideslip left. Or: Broad sideslip right, Broad sideslip left, stall.
    I think that most AC:s that are, as fast or faster than the Snipe would have problems following that

Guess what I found in the mail box this morning?

Name:	Series II Reprints Box.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	140503

Name:	Series II Reprints Minis.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	140504

I fed the cats, so I could open the box, unsupervised.

Keith: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank... Repaints? Darn. Maybe decals?

Well who's a lucky boy then eh
    next Skype Snipe vs DRVII

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    Just my thought. It's no big deal. But if you could use The new M-ceck as it is. You could do some amazing avaisive manouvers if you are chased at close range.
    : Broad sideslip right, Broad sideslip right, Broad sideslip left. Or: Broad sideslip right, Broad sideslip left, stall.
    I think that most AC:s that are, as fast or faster than the Snipe would have problems following that
    Might have to order another Snipe just to get one of those decks Per.
    Rob.

The very first game I ever played was flying a Snipe against a D.VII.

Crack cocaine may have been cheaper in the long run...
    Mike

I placed a pre-order through an online vendor for the first time. I have always waited for items to come out before ordering them. I have one Roland in my order so I am basically in the same boat...uh or plane.

I placed a pre-order through an online vendor for the first time. I have always waited for items to come out before ordering them. I have one Roland in my order so I am basically in the same boat...uh or plane.

The very first game I ever played was flying a Snipe against a D.VII.

Crack cocaine may have been cheaper in the long run...

Just received a copy of Sachsenberg DVII.
    What a disappointment I must have got a duff one, the top wing markings are scratched and looks like the decals ? Have been overly handled and misplaced, this for repaint I think. I'll keep my Red Eagle one for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    What a disappointment I must have got a duff one, the top wing markings are scratched and looks like the decals ? Have been overly handled and misplaced, this for repaint I think. I'll keep my Red Eagle one for the time being
    Mine were OK but still think that the Stark colour scheme is too pink, and a shame that the engines of the Snipes have not had a coat of paint.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Mine was 'scratched' as well.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

If you mean the black "bars" on the upper wing, then (a) they're all like that -it's the decal, not any kind of scratch, and (b) it's also correct - I presume on the real thing it actually was a case of scratching rather than design, but photo (s? - my books all have the same one) of it show that pattern, so we're kind of telling Ares off for getting it right here....

http://www.aresgames.eu/wp/wp-conten...achsenberg.jpg

PS - I feel compelled to come to Ares's defence here, as I once got a right ticking off from a customer who felt I'd ruined my 4th AFC Snipe decals by using an odd blocky font for the upper wing letters instead of the same font as on the fuselage sides. He didn't even have the courtesy to reply when I sent him scans of photos of the real thing, complete with odd blocky font on the wings....
    Last edited by Dom S; 08-16-2014 at 08:11.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

PS - Agreed on Stark though - I have a nasty suspicion this was Ares sticking to their odd "pink planes attract girl pilots" marketing stance, and they blooming well knew what they were doing wrong, but yes, it should be lilac....

ookkkay then, thanks for the clarification Dom

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

I really need to get out more....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    PS - Agreed on Stark though - I have a nasty suspicion this was Ares sticking to their odd "pink planes attract girl pilots" marketing stance, and they blooming well knew what they were doing wrong, but yes, it should be lilac....
    It's not working! Not the double hearts on Elwood's Camel, nor the pink D.VII, are raising a glimmer of interest in SWMBO's eye.

It did raise her eyebrow in derision when I showed it to her.
    Mike

Sorry to hear that Chris.
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive so I can't really comment on them yet.
    Rob.

It's not working! Not the double hearts on Elwood's Camel, nor the pink D.VII, are raising a glimmer of interest in SWMBO's eye...
    Try "Then you can shoot me Honey" that might do the trick Mike !

I 'fixed' my Stark yesterday. Painted all the pink bits Lilac and it looks great. Was not hard to do, but then why should it have to be done. I'm not miffed or anything like that. Perhaps it was a cost factor, it looks like the craft was cast in pink, don't know. But mine looks GREAT!

D.VII Goering has landed two days ago!

Mine are still flying around in circles waiting for a Roland to join them.......hope they don't run out of gas.

Thanks for that clarification Dom regarding Sachsenburg - I need to apologize to Ares but I do need to do something about my pink trimmed Stark!

Hm, have just remembered that I have a set of Reviresco decals for Stark's D.VII. I wonder if I can use bits of that plus some lilac paint to correct the Ares rendition.
    Last edited by Biggles downunder; 08-17-2014 at 00:11. Reason: Added note re decals

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    I 'fixed' my Stark yesterday. Painted all the pink bits Lilac and it looks great. Was not hard to do, but then why should it have to be done. I'm not miffed or anything like that. Perhaps it was a cost factor, it looks like the craft was cast in pink, don't know. But mine looks GREAT!
    William, what paint did you use for the Lilac?

I had a look at the Wingnut Wings suggestion for Stark's lilac and they recommend Tamiya paints, equal parts of W16, W17 & WF7. See http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/produ...tid=3080&cat=4

Interestingly, Wingnut Wings depict the stripes on the upper wing as (matt) white, not lilac!
    Last edited by Biggles downunder; 08-18-2014 at 18:03. Reason: Added paint information

Picture please William.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    I 'fixed' my Stark yesterday. Painted all the pink bits Lilac and it looks great....
    Pics and paint detail please William !

while my sachsenberg was ok ive had similar problems with other minis. my gotha had some small but significant scratches on the top and bottom wings by the nat. insignia and ive noticed a few other smaller flaws on some other minis. while i wish they werent there it doesnt dampen my enthusiasm for the game. it seems more like a quality control issue with the mfg than anything with ares.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    while my sachsenberg was ok ive had similar problems with other minis. my gotha had some small but significant scratches on the top and bottom wings by the nat. insignia and ive noticed a few other smaller flaws on some other minis. while i wish they werent there it doesnt dampen my enthusiasm for the game. it seems more like a quality control issue with the mfg than anything with ares.
    See Dom's post (#633) for clarification on the 'scratches'

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    See Dom's post (#633) for clarification on the 'scratches'
    no i mean SCRATCHES on the wings of my gotha.....right out of the box. ill post pics to show what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    no i mean SCRATCHES on the wings of my gotha.....right out of the box. ill post pics to show what i mean.
    Sorry Phillip, I should have read your post more carefully!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Series 1 reprints - Full Photo review
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 17:43
  2. Series 1 Reprints in the UK
    By David Manley in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 07:48
  3. Yee--Haa! Series One reprints dispatched!!!!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 11:07
  4. Series 1 Reprints - Any News?
    By David Manley in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 11:58
  5. Update on reprints, bombers ans series 6 - 7 June
    By Madboyo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 13:51