Ares Games
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Series 2 Reprints

I hear a faint engine droning sound coming from the direction of Indiana

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post

Well that is good news since I have a pre order in and now have money to spent at Historicon this week. Since I only have one Gotha that is on the list and the new paint jobs for the Caproni. Hoping to see the next set of WWII planes soon. Thanks for the heads up on the flight of the repaints.

Well worth the wait.
    Thanks Keith.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Sorry I haven't had morning coffee yet; does that mean the season 2 reprints are expected out this month?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Handley View Post
    Sorry I haven't had morning coffee yet; does that mean the season 2 reprints are expected out this month?
    Ditto

I can neither confirm nor deny anything chaps

My guess would be that things are on schedule, given that those at a Con(was it Gencon, Don't recall) saw and purchased the aircraft. IIRC, of course.

I better get space on the workbench cleared; I'll have Jastas to re-paint!

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    My guess would be that things are on schedule, given that those at a Con(was it Gencon, Don't recall) saw and purchased the aircraft. IIRC, of course.
    Origins last month.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

ARES site say out this month so things are getting close since it is the middle of the month. But no matter as long as they have these new repaints coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Origins last month.
    Karl
    Ah, thank you. I thought I was wrong once, once.

No problem; being reasonably local (Origins is 2 hours away, GenCon 6), I have friends going to both, so know when each is.
    Well, that and being one of the ones getting planes at Origins
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I can neither confirm nor deny anything chaps
    Well, we will take you to the top of one of those mountains you live next to and we'll get it out of ya.

But first I gotta find my way out of this cornfield.

Just follow the crop circles, they'll lead you to the right spot

Kinda of like leprechauns and pots of gold at the end of a rainbow only better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140614_192421_033.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	137547

Well here is your rainbow. Looked for the gold but it must have washed away.

Just checked out Ares upcoming page.
    Looks like the Series 2 reprints have a release date of August 4th.
    http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Hadn't checked out the site today so thanks for the heads up on the release date. Since I have my pre order here should get them in about two weeks.

Nothing to worry about then. Mine are coming by Drome as well.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Rob.
    What he said!

Very cool, and thanks for the heads up. I was getting concerned they would come while I was out of town. Must get my Valom SE5a' ready to fly.

Got a few of them. For once, before the shops.

Name:	996139_10203714462375663_8462955283780890775_n.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	138114

By the look of them, I am glad I put an order in.
    Thanks for the preview Andrea.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Got a few of them. For once, before the shops.

Name:	996139_10203714462375663_8462955283780890775_n.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	138114
    im glad you finally got your hands om some!!!

They look very "buy-me!" Funnily its just the pair I am going to order too.

Well well. I am off to California tonight for a week. Hoping my pre-order comes after I get back. Planning on making a trip to Brookhurst Hobbies while I'm out there(with the blessing of my lovely wife), maybe they will have some in stock by that time. Would be nice to see them in person, and buy a few of course.

Lucky you. Don't know why but I always thought Brookhurst was in Florida.

Just a few days left before release. I do not have any D.VII's so getting a little stoked to received them.

Rob.
    Me/mine too

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Lucky you. Don't know why but I always thought Brookhurst was in Florida.
    Yes I am lucky, not only do I get my wifes blessing to go and spend some money, but Brookhurst is a great store. There was a time a few years ago that it was really hard to shop there because everything was so disorganized. But over the last several years they have really done things up nicely. Things are really organized and it's easy to find things. If any of you ever have the chance to go I highly recommend a visit. Great shop, nice folks, and a TON of stuff, though not a huge selection of WoG.

My shipment of is scheduled for delivery this evening. I'll start processing the orders tomorrow and the first ones should start shipping out Friday or Saturday. With these Series release orders, just keep in mind that my site may send the shipping email to you a day or so before the package actually enters the post office pipe line. This is due in part to me processing the orders at night and then dropping them off at the post office the next day, the post office people not getting to all the boxes I dropped off in the same day, and finally to me processing the orders, but delaying the actual shipping a day so that they arrive as close to "street date" as possible per my agreement with Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    Well well. I am off to California tonight for a week. Hoping my pre-order comes after I get back. Planning on making a trip to Brookhurst Hobbies while I'm out there(with the blessing of my lovely wife), maybe they will have some in stock by that time. Would be nice to see them in person, and buy a few of course.
    William, what day do you plan on getting back? I can hold your package so that it arrives after you return if you like.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

[Goes to start the "how long before it actually turns up at the European distributors?" stopclock one last time.... ]

Yay!
    I'm finally going to get my birthday present (I ordered these planes on my birthday).

With any luck, I might get these in time for the InCONceivable game demo on 9 August!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    [Goes to start the "how long before it actually turns up at the European distributors?" stopclock one last time.... ]
    One last time??

Also, for your delta you should know Ares had the warehouse ship me my order as soon as possible since I'll be leaving the country on the 9th for 4 weeks. I wanted to make sure I got them in time to process and ship out to everyone before I left. The wife is going to handle the day to day orders while I'm gone, but I did not want to drop this bomb on her

Great news Keith.
    Also the Caproni has landed today together with your engine damage and jammed guns tokens thanks.
    They are superb. Any plans for smoke fire and wounded pilot tokens to match?
    Rob.

anybody know why the rolands dont display a street date yet unlike the rest of the series 2 reprints on ares upcoming page? should we view this as ominous?

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    anybody know why the rolands dont display a street date yet unlike the rest of the series 2 reprints on ares upcoming page? should we view this as ominous?
    On Ares website under August 2014 Phillip says the information as below.

August 2014

They should all be released together. This is just a lack of checking the wording.
    Rob.

Great news Keith.
    Also the Caproni has landed today together with your engine damage and jammed guns tokens thanks.
    They are superb. Any plans for smoke fire and wounded pilot tokens to match?
    Rob.
    I'm open to suggestions as to what they should be or how they should work/look.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    Just an omission on the IT side of the house, they are being released next week as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    [Goes to start the "how long before it actually turns up at the European distributors?" stopclock one last time.... ;) ]
    "Squats."

>;)

On Ares website under August 2014 Phillip says the information as below.

August 2014

They should all be released together. This is just a lack of checking the wording.
    Rob.
    thanks

Just an omission on the IT side of the house, they are being released next week as well.
    thanks keith
    i wondered because some of our wholesalers reflect a difference in status

I'll work up a few design ideas for you then Keith.
    Rob.

Well, looks like there is a problem with the Rolands that Ares did not tell me about until I asked why there were none in my shipment. They are now saying that the Rolands will not be at the warehouse until around mid August.

I'm not happy about this and it creates quite a few issues for me on sending out you guys orders. But, I personally would rather get them a little later and correct/undamaged.

For those of you that placed order via AA, please read this thread as well.

I did wonder about the absence of a street date on the Rolands.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Must admit I'd assumed it was simply an oversight by the web guy rather than a genuine delay - sucks to be wrong on that one. I hope the problems with them aren't too major and that they really are not too far behind the rest....

[QUOTE=Oberst Hajj;301057]Well, looks like there is a problem with the Rolands that Ares did not tell me about until I asked why there were none in my shipment. They are now saying that the Rolands will not be at the warehouse until around mid August.

I'm not happy about this and it creates quite a few issues for me on sending out you guys orders. But, I personally would rather get them a little later and correct/undamaged.

i agree, especially considering the QC-packaging issues theyve had of late. i rather wait and get better product.

Do we know what the problem is this time?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Series 1 reprints - Full Photo review
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 17:43
  2. Series 1 Reprints in the UK
    By David Manley in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 07:48
  3. Yee--Haa! Series One reprints dispatched!!!!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 11:07
  4. Series 1 Reprints - Any News?
    By David Manley in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 11:58
  5. Update on reprints, bombers ans series 6 - 7 June
    By Madboyo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 13:51