Ares Games

Thread: Reviresco Kits

Mackenzie

Default Reviresco Kits

For those who weren't aware, Reviresco make a range of 1/144 planes as white metal kits suitable for use in WoW. Some of the kits can be fiddly, but they make up into very nice models. They produce quite a few planes not currently available for WoW, including Halberstadts, AEG Bombers etc.

Their website is at:

http://www.tin-soldier.com/cgi-bin/ustorekeeper.pl

At the top right, 'select category' Aircraft kits and 'Go' - there is quite a wide range.

regards

Default Reviresco Breguet 14B2

Here is one I assembled and touched up with craft paint.

b_fortner

pflanzer,

That's a great looking model. Can you describe how you attached the bird to the stand? What are you using for altitude pegs?

Default flight stand

The base is clear acrylic with permanent marker firing arcs. The altitude pegs are shaped like the WOW pegs but are made from nylon and aluminum tubing. The lowest one has a screw holding it from underneath. The bird has been drilled and tapped for a 6-32 screw. The 6-32 screw is fitted with a short section of the aluminum tube. The assembled peg is threaded into the bottom of the aircraft. The sleved screw fits into any of the other segments. I just made ones like WOW but out of things I could work with.
    Tony

Nice job! The crewmen look nice too. Does anyone know of where to get spare 1/144 pilots/gunners/observers?

Peter Pig in the UK does 1/144 pilots, not sure about observers.

I bought two Reverisco Halberstadt CLII's and they are lovely little models. I used brass rod for the wing struts and managed fairly well to superglue them into place.

The small struts between fuselage and top wing were a disaster for me to put on, they are tiny and I found them sticking everywhere except where they were meant to go, on the tweezers, on my fingers, in the wrong place, on the table etc. It was only with a great gnashing of teeth that I eventually manged to get them in, they are not perfect but they will have to do, there were also supposed to be two struts at the front but I am not going there.

I suspect no one I will ever play with will point this out.

My other problem came with the undercarraige assembly, but this was easier on the second plane.

I have not been put off the models as they both look terrific once complete, I touched up certain parts with my own paint but found overall the decals were very, very good and went on easily with Micro-Sol.

I used Litko bases and poles with small magnets on the pole and underside of the aircraft, works a treat.
    Last edited by Belis4rius; 10-20-2009 at 00:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    The small struts between fuselage and top wing were a disaster for me to put on, they are tiny and I found them sticking everywhere except where they were meant to go, on the tweezers, on my fingers, in the wrong place, on the table etc. It was only with a great gnashing of teeth that I eventually manged to get them in, they are not perfect but they will have to do, there were also supposed to be two struts at the front but I am not going there.
    LOL!!!

I build 1/144 scale WWII planes, and I feel your pain in the above comments!

Been there, done that!

It's usually worth the effort thought, all things said and done.

Default Reviresco

kaufschtic
    My guess is that isnt all of your collection.
    I had issues with the struts and landing gear myself. Couple of things I did on the second plane was to drill out the holes a bit oversize,prebend the parts and use elmers to hold things until I had them the way I wanted them. I used plastic round stock for the wing struts. With Zap a Gap it ended up solid.
    bsmith
    Reviresco offers a 30 pc pack of mixed pilots and gunners for $7.50 they paint up nice. I was short a crew with one of my planes and e mailed John at tin soldier. He was great sent a replacement crew w/ extras he sent a German observer/gunner with a Parabellum and another pilot. The German looks good.
    I plan on ordering a pack with my next order. I just cant decide what to order. A two engine bomber of some Pfalz fighters.
    Tony
    Last edited by pflanzer; 10-20-2009 at 20:43.

Cthu1hu

Default How about Skytrex minis?

Those Revirisco miniatures look really nice, saw them online when I was looking for models that are not available in WoW.

The other brand I found was Skytrex. Has anyone had any experience with these? Are they better or worse quality than Revirisco?

Cheers,

Craig

Skytrex are very fiddly to build and I haven't seen a decent plane yet compared to WoW and Revirisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthu1hu View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with these?
    I've built a few Skytrex minis and generaly they are pretty good. My Gotha and AVG bombers were a bit fiddlerly to build, especialy when I decided to replace the lead wing struts for stronger brass rod ones. (I just did'nt want to spent all that time painting a mini to have a lead wing strut collapse on me.) But the over all finished product looks pretty good........for my limited ability anyway.

I've built several Revirisco WW1 planes and have mixed results. Mostly due to my fat fingers. The last one I built, an SE5a turned out pretty well. At least till you put it on the table next to the WoW planes. I may get some more but right now am inclined to wait until Andrea or F-toys comes out with them.

BTW: does anyone know why f-toys released just the 4 biplanes then quit?

Pooh

[N QUOTE=pflanzer;944]Here is one I assembled and touched up with craft paint.

[/QUOTE]

Nice

How about some more pics of the Reviresco planes assembled? How hard are they to assemble?

If you have a lot of skill or a lot of patience, my experience is that you can make a decent looking plane. I've sat and watched a few people with the skill put together very nice planes very quickly. For me, its very slow and methodical and lots of breaks so I don't get too frustrated.
    I think the real key is the painting. An ok kit can be made to look very nice with a good paint job. On the other hand a well assembled kit with a poor (read my) paint job...

Pooh

I have just finished four new planes, all Reverisco, two SSW DIII's and two Sopwith Triplanes.

The DIII's were fairly easy to put together although I did manage to bend one of the wing struts fairly badly, but overall the finished airplane looks really good, nice and chunky and powerful.

The triplanes were a bleeding nightmare, strangely I did not have any trouble with the wing struts and they all fitted very well, but the two which go on to the fuselage were a real sod, the middle wing kind of hangs there and doesn't touch the fuselage which makes it difficult to set up correctly. I managed better on the second machine and close up it shows. Overall however once painted I have two nice, distinct aircraft.

My only moan is that you have to make the wheel axle, it would be better if a small piece of wire were included, but this is nit picking.

I would love to have some of their larger bombers but my sanity would be in jepardy.

See them here; http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=46

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    I have just finished four new planes, all Reverisco, two SSW DIII's and two Sopwith Triplanes.

See them here; http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=46
    Very nice!

On the DIIIs, did you paint the lozenge patterns, or are those decals? If it is a paint job... well done! They really do look good.

They are Revirisco decals, they do sheets of top and underneath patterns, the underneath of course being lighter. I would not have the patience to paint lozenge, could probably do 'blob camo' but not actual lozenges.

I also believe that there were three, four and five pattern lozenges, but this of course is taking things a wee bit too far for me.

I would certainly recommend using these, I have also used them on Halberstadt's and an Albatros. I also varnish the planes when finised with a matt acrylic which tones the decal down.

I've seen the decal sets offered by Reverisco, but I haven't ventured to try any re-paints yet. But they do add to the historic look of the late war German planes.

Has anyone built the kit of the AEG bomber? Is it difficult, do you have to make any of the struts or are they all included?

Despite myself I feel drawn to making a couple of these.

The struts are all there. Four sets of wing struts plus four sets inner wing/engine mounts. It's fairly straightforward to build, no more difficult than the other Reviresco or Red Eagle kits, but it might be better to replace the wing struts with brass rod or similar since they're quite thin.

I've still to fit the top wing and wheels on mine, just giving the struts and decals plenty of time to dry properly. I'll post some pics once it's complete and let you know if it's sturdy enough straight out of the packet. Should be finished in a day or two (working on 3 other of their kits in parallel).

That's good news, I was dubious about the soft metal with my SSW DIII's but once glued in place it was all very sturdy, probably wouldn't fair well dropping from a height but perfectly suitable for normal tabletop wear and tear.

Damn, I might have to buy these after all. I'll wait for your photographs though.

I got one for Christmas. But I have not started on it yet. How were the decals to apply, they look complicated. Looking forward to the pics.

colneher

you got me thinking ...

Anyone know how to get the printing off the WoW clear bases? We played a game of 8 planes on a kitchen table, and realized not many more would fit. We utelized the flight card, so we would know what record went with what plane, so other than the arcs (which seem standardized), the plane data on the stand seemed irrelevant. If cleared ... they could be used for ANY plane without having to make more stands. Suggestions?

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

sand paper?

colneher

ok, let me re-phrase ... Does anyone know of a way to get the paint off the clear bases without damaging the transparency of them?

Default Some of my Christmas Reverisco kits

Some of the kits I got for Christmas. Pflaz DIII, Halberstadt CL-II, and AEG G4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 021.jpg   Picture 045.jpg   Picture 077.jpg  

Really nice smooth work, lovely planes.

Thumbs up Removing Print!

The idea of sanding off is not bad. You might be able to gently scrape and pry
    them off. Then go to a Beauty Supply house buy a foam nail flile with with four grits, each one is finer. Work on any scratches carefully using the grit that
    just removes them. Then work down to the finest grit, this will restore that glossy shine. You can also apply some floor wax and this will give a glassy look.
    That is an old modeling trick for canopies.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by pflanzer View Post
    Some of the kits I got for Christmas. Pflaz DIII, Halberstadt CL-II, and AEG G4
    Very nice work, by that I mean awesome!!!!!! I live in Oak Harbor, Washington and have built some of the Reviresco kits as well. I don't have the tech equipment or ability to take pic's and put them on this web site. Anyway you can help?
    gregbond77

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    LOL!!!

I build 1/144 scale WWII planes, and I feel your pain in the above comments!

Been there, done that!

It's usually worth the effort thought, all things said and done.

Nice work!!!
    greg

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.