Ares Games

Thread: Dive Bombing Diagram

Default Dive Bombing Diagram

Is there a diagram of the dive bombing move.

I find the diagram of the lvl bombing move is so much easier to follow.

John B

i see the ww1 diagram and i think that it great any one can make it for ww2 different bombing i unable to understand it!!!
    thank you

There's a video on you tube called "dive bombing for dummies" that gives a pretty good explanation of how dive bombing attacks worked. It walks you through an attack by a flight of dauntlesses on a destroyer. It won't give you any rules help but does illustrate how it works.

Pooh

ok thank you but i need the rules ,i know how it work !!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    There's a video on you tube called "dive bombing for dummies" that gives a pretty good explanation of how dive bombing attacks worked. It walks you through an attack by a flight of dauntlesses on a destroyer. It won't give you any rules help but does illustrate how it works.

Pooh
    How about a link to this. Can't seem to find it on You Boob.

If I can get a good visual on how to do dive bombing I'll make a chart. I don't play DoW So I'm having problems visualizing the dive bombing rules.

I did a google search and it was the 2nd thing up. It is a video by DPS Flight who has a number of related video clips from an air game. I went there and copied the url. It is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kklZmfRgCTg

Pooh

Interesting video.

I did a google search and it was the 2nd thing up. It is a video by DPS Flight who has a number of related video clips from an air game. I went there and copied the url. It is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kklZmfRgCTg

Pooh
    Ok so I thought it was demo on how to dive bomb in Wings of War - Dawn of War.

hi any one can help me to explain bombing in ww2 ??
    can any one make me a step by step bombing for all the 3 type (level /diving ecc)
    thank you very much

There's a bombing diagram for level bombing the WW1 section found here

For DoW the rules for level bombing are almost identical, the difference being that the bomb moves at the same speed as the aircraft.

(I've ignored alt rules here but basically the bombs continue to more for a number of turns using the same straight and speed, you'd need to look up the alt brackets for this.)

Dive bombing, just declare and place the bomb directly in front of the aircraft.

Vertical bombing, the aircraft card covers the bombed area.

Just a quick correction, for the dive bombing you actually have to play one of the 2 cards with the bomb symbol on.

Pooh
    Can't seem to find it Pooh. Do you have a link. I typed in "dive bombing for dummies" and "Wings of War dive bombing for dummies" and found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkahn View Post
    Yes I saw that one. I want a diagram for Dawn of War Dive Bombers. But it was a cool vid.

Tom

O.K. I put together a photo diagram on standard dive bombing run. Will you guys check it out and tell me if I'm right or not. If not show me how please. It's in my albums.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=379

Thanks
    Tom
    Last edited by CappyTom; 12-31-2010 at 11:57.

Spot on, afaik the only little tweek (apart from missing the target) is that there's no requirement to place the bomb card however I think it's a good reminder that you've commited to drop the bombs after the next special bomb card.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkahn View Post
    Spot on, afaik the only little tweek (apart from missing the target) is that there's no requirement to place the bomb card however I think it's a good reminder that you've commited to drop the bombs after the next special bomb card.

Dave.
    Thanks I'm really starting to get into WW2 now. Just can't wait for some U.S. dive bombers and torpedo planes.

Any idea why the Stuka and the Val get two non-steep Dive Manoeuvre cards?
    The I deck has one Steep-Climb card, but two non-Steep Dive cards and two non-Steep short Dive cards. The last two with the Dive-Bombing symbol.

I had assumed that there would be a/c using the I deck that weren't dive bombers and hence couldn't use the extra 2 dives....but it's only a guess.

Maybe but the thing i'm puzzled over is the two non-Steep Dive cards without the Dive-bombing symbol.

Similar Missions

1. Bombing Explanation
    By John B in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 15:31
  2. Steep Climb, slight dive
    By kombofink in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 14:35
  3. Release Date of Dive Bomber miniatures
    By OberstOz in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 5