Ares Games

Thread: Dogfights in Belgrade

Default Dogfights in Belgrade

Yesterday we had a small tournament (8 participants) in local store, including:

Albatros D.v.a
    Siemens-Schuckert D.III
    Fokker D.VII
    Fokker D.r.I
    Sopwith Camel
    Spad XIII
    Neiuport 23 (A-firing)
    S.E.5a (this was mine )

We played 4 games, Swiss system, 1 on 1.

Scoring:
    3 pts. for victory (shooting opponent down or opponent leaving the table)
    2 pts. for lesser victory (inflicting bigger damage to opponent than suffered yourself in %)
    1 pt. for lesser defeat (inflicting smaller damage to opponent than suffered yourself %)
    1 pt. for draw
    0 pts. for defeat

In my first game my S.E.5a faced Richthoffen’s Fokker D.r.I and scored relatively easy victory.

Second game, against Goering’s Fokker D.VII went totally wrong, and, after two or three exchanged bursts I was shot down twice wounded - by single burst (we recognize double special damage in the same phase).

Third game, vs. Spad XIII was unexpectedly easy, as I managed to tail opponent in close range for three cards.

Now I had 6 pts. and Albatros D.va (scoring all victories by now) to fight. If I wanted to win a tournament, a had to score 3:0.

And again, everything went disastrous… I was in flames, my rudder jammed, and finally my engine malfunctioned. But, somehow I managed to pull together (having perfectly timed opponent’s gun jamming), continue the game, and to inflict enough damage to see my opponent plummeting down from the sky.

So, day was mine and I enlarged my fleet with a new plane, Kirschtein’s Fokker D.r.I

And here are few pictures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010003.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	91420

Name:	P1010004.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	91421

Name:	P1010005.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	91422

It is always good to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat Heмaњa, especially when the spoils go to the victor in the form of a new aircraft.
    Well done that man!
    Rob.

Well done on your victory Nemanya, sounds like you earned it !

Congrats on your victory. Sounds lie it was fun. Did each player bring his own plane or were they randomly selected by each player?

Thumbs up

Congratulations on a hard fort Victory!

That looked fabulous and fun to participate in, well done done and thankyou for sharing with us

Thank you! And it was fun indeed. I hope those tournaments will become regular in the future, and, of course, international

@Big Blake
    Planes were chosen before the tournament. You could bring your own, or use somebody else's (few guys brought more than one). But you had to play whole tournament with that plane.

Well organized game event, Nemanja Congrats!

Similar Missions

1. H2 Dogfights/Greatest Air Battles
    By rote Flügel in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 00:04
  2. Do you use two-Seaters for dogfights?
    By Marechallannes in forum Polls
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 15:06
  3. National: Dogfights over Pasadena CA
    By Von Hinnebusch in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:50