Ares Games

Thread: B-17G bases soon!

Default B-17G bases soon!

Just a heads up that the bases for the B-17G are at the laser shop, I'll be posting photos later this week. Watch this thread!

We’re flying Flying Fortresses at thirty thousand feet,
    Oh! We’re flying Flying Fortresses at thirty thousand feet,
    We’ve bags of point-five ammo and a teeny-weeny bomb,
    And we drop the bastard from so high we don’t know where it’s gone!

Glory glory…..

I discovered this in a book many many years ago (don’t ask me which book) being sung in an RAF mess to the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic. It tickled me then – and I thought I’d share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Just a heads up that the bases for the B-17G are at the laser shop, I'll be posting photos later this week. Watch this thread!
    So it's you who make those marvels! I just bought some fire/smoke markers and a couple of bases! Can't wait to receive the packet!!

Then it's my duty to tell you that all my players went absolutely bananas when they first saw the markers, they love the stuff!

Do you have in mind to make more accessories soon?
    Some rulers would do nicely... Or transparent boxes for decks.

In fact, I have a prototype range rule sitting right next to me. I hope to have the final product up on the site later this week along with photos. I also have a new Flight Control Board in the works. It to should be ready here real soon.

I'll be adding more 1/144 scale bomber bases as time goes on. I've not thought about boxes for the cards, but it is something I'll look into now. I do have another project that is on the back burner so to speak, it is a decorative transport for some of the minis.

Smile Lancaster Bases????

What is the chance of a Lancaster Base??

Oh those dams and hell fire over Dresden??

Chances are good once I get my hands on a mini to build it off of.

Wink

I was about to order some more bases to be shipped over to dear old blighty but on that news I will keep my powder dry and wait for the next lend lease flight although the B17 would come in very useful to keep the sky's buzzing???

Well, the Lancaster is still well over a month away... I've not even looked at getting a mini to build it off of yet. I think there will be some other new products that you are going to want to pick up here real soon as well.

I told my friend last night of the possible new products and all he did was smile so it looks like a bulk order will be on its way regardless of the Lancaster, on that note would a picture help with the layout and some dimensions???

Thanks for the offer, but I really need to have one in hand. I'll search ebay and see what I can find.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

B 17 bases......at long last

GREAT NEWS!!! I will send payment when they are available...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

Hi Col. Hajj,
    do you have some news about B-17 bases?

Have a nice fly
    PAV

I should be picking them up either today or tomorrow from the shop and I'll get them put into the site shortly after that. I'll post an update here when they can be ordered.

Oh Yeah!!!!! It's all good.

Default B17 Bases

I now have 6 B17 waiting for stands so bring them on, as the Fw190 need some targets

B-17 bases!!! Great news I have several B-17s built...

Ok So we have the bases on the way, whats the position on the additional pegs to fit the bases I am running out of options for fixing the aircraft to the stands, any news???

Sorry having just come back in and seen my post that sounds a little pushy but without the pegs to fit the stands I would struggle to use the new stands as I am out of standard pegs unless I buy more aircraft??? Sounds like a good excuse wonder if the boss would understand that??

Still working on the pegs... it's a much more complicated project... things actually have to fit together and stuff. lol

The B-17 flight stands are up on the site and ready to order.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Brian
    Sorties Flown

Awesome!

If you don't mind me asking, what are the stats on the B-17G?

-Bri

Sorry but I missed your post Bleeder. The stats I worked out for the B-17G were 42 damage points, it uses the normal left and right turns from the C maneuver deck (in the manor of my other bomber bases). For the guns, it is a mix of A and B damage chits based on single or twin .50 cals.

Similar Missions

1. 3D balloon bases and target cards
    By Roger Wilco in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 07:46
  2. Plastic bases hard to pick up
    By flaminfireman in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 03:15
  3. Balloon Bases
    By Belis4rius in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2