Ares Games

Thread: 2nd Completed Card Models: Halberstadt CL.II's

Default 2nd Completed Card Models: Halberstadt CL.II's

A very difficult build (for me), with lots of small parts, but as promised, here is my trio of CL.II's fresh of the assembly line & ready to fight for the Kaiser.

Not perfect, but not bad. They're the best I can do right now anyway.

They look fantastic Rob, and I'm sure that they'll serve the Kaiser well.

Yep - they should go down well over the trenches.....

What a set of little beauties Rob.
    I will instruct the Bulldogs to keep a special eye out for these over the trenches.
    Kyte.

Thanks gents. I know they're not the best. They're still a little sloppy looking, but I do think there has been some improvement, & overall I'm pleased with the results. To the naked eye/from a distance, they're not half bad. I did Blue 6 first, Red 5 second, & III was the last one. IMO I think I can even see progress from one to the next in the series.

Scarf rings for guns in paper at 144th scale! Awesome. I'm seriously impressed.

Wonderful effort, Rob.

Mike :-)

They look fab,
    Are they from a particular card modelling company ?
    I have bought a set from the kampflieger stable, this might just nudge me toward my next build.
    After that there needs to be a hanover CL,
    Cheers
    Batesyboy
    Last edited by batesyboy; 04-30-2013 at 09:46. Reason: spellinz

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Scarf rings for guns in paper at 144th scale! Awesome. I'm seriously impressed.

Wonderful effort, Rob.

Mike :-)
    Thanks Mike. I didn't know that's what they were called. ! Now that I google them up & see what they look like I could have done a better job on them. The diagram for these was a little hard to follow... I used as much visual reference as I could, but googling "scarf ring ww1" gives me an even better view.

Nonetheless, the way I did them was after I cut them out I used the "grit" end of these things I found in cosmetics when I went to get emmery boards for "sanding" down wheels & edges called cuticle sticks:

One of the best tools I've found because they have that flat/edged end good for holding small parts down while you cut them & the "grit" end for filing/sanding spots & places the emery board won't reach. I also use them to "spread" superglue over the surface of the completed model (for strength, weight & rigidity. It makes them quite sturdy!)

Quote Originally Posted by batesyboy View Post
    They look fab,
    Are they from a particular card modelling company ?
    I have bought a set from the kampflieger stable, this might just nudge me toward my next build.
    After that there needs to be a hanover CL,
    Cheers
    Batesyboy
    Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. I found them on a WW1 paper site that focused mostly on tanks & such, but had these as well for free! (Look under "Wayne McCullough" when you get there

http://landships.info/landships/models.html

Speaking of which, other than the Zio Prudenzio models & the Fiddler's Green one's, has any got any opinions of any of the other companies out there that sell paper models. I see Alice Papermodels & Ecard Models listed a lot & have wondered about them, both in terms of quality & ease of construction (especially when resized to 1/144).
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 04-30-2013 at 14:28.

Alice Papermodels seems to be a pirate site.
    You may be able to find free copies of the models sold on Alice.

See:
    http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/s...archid=2024195

Quote Originally Posted by Zakopious View Post
    Alice Papermodels seems to be a pirate site.
    You may be able to find free copies of the models sold on Alice.

See:
    http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/s...archid=2024195
    Oh dear. Hadn't looked at them that close yet & didn't realize! I knew there is a Russian site out there pirating & have studiously avoided it. Thanks for the tip.

I am the "owner" of these three models. I heard that Alicemodels had pirated my models. You may download them for free at the Landships II website. http://landships.info/landships/models.html#. I put all my cardmodels up for free last year. Wayne McCullough.

Quote Originally Posted by waynemc View Post
    I am the "owner" of these three models. I heard that Alicemodels had pirated my models. You may download them for free at the Landships II website. http://landships.info/landships/models.html#. I put all my cardmodels up for free last year. Wayne McCullough.
    Thanks Wayne. That is indeed where I got them from, and posted the link to above as well. The mention of the Alice site was merely when I was soliciting opinions on which sites were good to order from. Thankfully Kenneth warned me in time, & I avoided doing businesses with them.

Thanks for creating the lovely models. I had fun with them on the missions they've participated in thus far!

Similar Missions

1. 1st completed card models: Se5a's
    By MoonSylver in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 14:25
  2. Card Models
    By Getter 1 in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 20:50
  3. Halberstadt D2 card model at 1/72nd scale
    By batesyboy in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 3