Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Number of cards in a damage deck?

And the B Damage Chits (with the right number, this time):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BACK (Cardstock) 1 inch circles (44)B-Deck.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	158109
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

New Damage Chit Album, if people are interested in some stylish chits: WWF Damage Chit Album
    Mike

Now those are worth doing, if only to use as a travel kit.
    Any chance of C and D decks to follow Mike?
    Are they ready to send to that firm who produce them just as they are in that file?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Those look great, Mike! Have you put them in the moderation queue for download, or should those interested just capture the images here?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Are they ready to send to that firm who produce them just as they are in that file?
    Firm? I think I'm going to go back a re-read the earlier posts again... think I missed something!

Now those are worth doing, if only to use as a travel kit.
    Any chance of C and D decks to follow Mike?
    Rob.
    The original files are 5-6 meg, and the requisite 300 DPI. The upload to an album does drop the resolution and size, unfortunately. I will redo a few points, check the company web site, and upload the "ready to print" images to the files section. Then, members can print them and prep them however they want, or send them to the company (link on this thread: WGF - B Damage Deck - Wanted).

I could do up the other decks, as I already have the graphics. However, we now get into dangerous territory, if we aren't already annoying Ares. Ares has altered the C and D decks. I could do Wings of War decks, and when members print them, they could "adjust" the number of chits to match the Wings of Glory numbers.

Do we want to swap out the back logo, and put the Aerodromes logo on these?
    Mike

I would do Wings of War decks with the Drome Logo.
    They are after all our conceptual designs and Nexus never did any.
    Rob.

I would do Wings of War decks with the Drome Logo.
    They are after all our conceptual designs and Nexus never did any.
    Rob.
    New sample file in my album. I tried uploading my "ready for print" pdf, but it is a big file for 8.5X11 and 300dpi. Give me some time to sort this out.
    Mike

All,
    The A and B Damage Chits are in the moderation queue. I took the files into InDesign and output them as High Quality Print PDFs. They are now quite reasonable in size, but of good quality. I hope.

C and D decks are coming...
    Mike

C (Double) and D (Quadruple) Chits are in the moderation queue.
    Mike

Many thanks once again Mike.
    Rob.

For big games each plane base has a disc with a number.
    When a hit is made the player just calls out something like Red 7 hit 2 a chits.
    I draw damage and write it on a master sheet. Then return chit to bag.
    That way chits remain in play. You can tell the player privately if any important info is needed that other players are not allowed to hear.
    I suppose you could do the same for WW1 cards.
    Rob.
    I remember you mentioning this system on a different thread, Rob; it sounds like something I'd like to use for the games at Origins.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Interesting concept. I think I'd rather print my own, but would need to invest in a hole-cutter of the right size. Scrapping aisle at a craft store sounds right
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Ares has altered the C and D decks.
    Really; I hadn't heard this!
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Really; I hadn't heard this!
    Karl
    Well, besides the graphics, really only the C Deck. The C Deck is 34 cards in WoG, not 17 as in WoW. The distribution of cards is exactly double, so, I just did up two sets of 17 chits for C damage. That helped fill out the template a bit more.

The D damage chits only had 8 cards to emulate, so I did up 32 chits, representing four D decks. I have three WoW D Decks, because I bought two Balloon Buster sets, along with Burning Drachens. That almost makes a nice small deck, if a bit drastic. Shuffled, there are six boom cards in a triple deck. Eight booms in the quad chit set!

Did I mention that every damage dealing D card/chit has special damage, as well? Nasty, nasty thing to get hit with.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Interesting concept. I think I'd rather print my own, but would need to invest in a hole-cutter of the right size. Scrapping aisle at a craft store sounds right
    Karl
    What size of hole cutters are there, and do you want a set in that scale? I'll look in our local scrap booking shop to see what's available.

Avery has some adhesive circle stickers in sheets, but for 1" circles, you only get 12 circles per sheet. I was thinking of printing off stickers, and putting them on the metal rimmed discs. Waayyy too much work and printing for the decks I want.

PS: Oops. Found Avery 05410 1" Sticker sheets with 63 labels per sheet? Might need to check out that template, too.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 02-21-2015 at 09:35.
    Mike

Oh those heady days of having quadruple decks of everything. Why did I ever take off all those sleeves to use on my aircraft cards, and change to just double decks of Ares damage cards?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    What size of hole cutters are there, and do you want a set in that scale? I'll look in our local scrap booking shop to see what's available.

Avery has some adhesive circle stickers in sheets, but for 1" circles, you only get 12 circles per sheet. I was thinking of printing off stickers, and putting them on the metal rimmed discs. Waayyy too much work and printing for the decks I want.

PS: Oops. Found Avery 05410 1" Sticker sheets with 63 labels per sheet? Might need to check out that template, too.
    That would work, if the printer takes the Avery template. Ours, not so well, as we found with Christmas card labels.
    It was easier to print the sheet out on a single 8.5" x 11" sticker paper, and cut the labels out
    Hence my thought of circle cutters.
    Karl

Well, while waiting for the files to get moderated, I attempted to order some sheets from Print & Play. The templates I posted are for the card stock version (a material similar to playing card thickness). Not what I want, even if they are really inexpensive.

So, I redid the graphics template to the Double-Sided Chipboard template (11x17"). This material is 1.8mm thick, more like the usual punch board gaming pieces I'm used to. However, this takes the cost up to over $4.00 a sheet (or, per chit set for A and B damage "decks"). These new templates are not, yet, posted to the files, as I wait for the company to advise whether I slapped them together too quickly. So, more than double the cost, but the chits will probably last much, much longer.
    Mike

Fantastic. I think $4 per damage deck chit set is reasonable. Thanks fro making this happen Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Square would certainly be easier to produce, but I like the thought of round.
    I made my decks (piles?) square. It's really easier than to cut circles, but I must admit, circles may look better than squares.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. A Damage Deck
    By Cinther in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 13:15
  2. SE5 Damage deck
    By bunguster in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 16:59
  3. Damage cards vs. Damage chits
    By Ericdagamer in forum Hobby Room