Howdy--

I wanted to share that we had a very nice little tournament at my FLGS, Game Haven Games on Saturday. Game Haven offered a Kirschstein DR 1 as the prize. Twelve pilots flew in the simple tournament. About half were first timers. The format was one-on-one dogfights with planes I had selected to be close to equal. Instead of using the damage cards for damage we specified that each ruler length hit did one point of damage, half-ruler damage did two. Each person got a d6 with which to keep track of damage. The first to total five hits was downed and their opponent won. We did use the damage on the damage deck cards, however. The tournament was double elimination. Each round took about 20 minutes so we were able to play four rounds plus the two rounds it took in the finals because a pilot without a loss ultimately lost to a one-loss pilot.

The format seemed to work well. Immersive enough yet still relatively fast moving. Of course more experienced players would probably want more strategic choices. I know everyone had a good time and I think we created a new Wings of Glory player or two. Game Haven has already asked me to host another tournament.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but wanted to share the event.

--Rick