Ares Games

Thread: Nieuport colour schemes

Default Nieuport colour schemes

I've been mulling over adding a couple of Nieuport's to increase the numbers of Entente planes in my collection, I'd like to know what colour to paint them as what colour plates I've seen posted up by Zoe & Sram they look like they've been painted in a mid grey, any help would be greatfully received thankyou.

Here you could find some schemes my friend:

Name:  Niuport colour schemes.jpg
Views: 10105
Size:  144.6 KB

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/ca...ng-colors.html

Hope they will help you.

Marco

Some Serbian Nieuports XXIVc1. Both from Vertekop aerodrome, Salonika front.

Up:
    Srpska Avijatika, Squadron AP.521 (ex F.382).
    Flown by pilot Sgt. Petar Petrović - Peškir, February 1918.
    Crashed near the Vertekop aerodrome at February 13th.

Down:
    Fighter Squadron of Serbian High Command.
    Flown by pilot Lt. Miodrag Tomić, summer 1918.
    Attached Images  

Zoe Brain posted a bunch on this thread:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-Nieuports#top
    I'm sure there are more elsewhere. Try a search.
    Karl

Bookmark this site for color schemes: http://www.wwiaviation.com/gallery.html

The creator is a member here. The list on the right side breaks them down every way you can imagine - by manufacturer, type, year, country, etc. The only thing it lacks is any identification of unit or pilot.

Exclamation

Quite a lot of the Nieuport 17's & 23's in British service were painted Silver dope. In 40 Sqd RFC one flight had Blue cowlings including Bishop's & Caldwell's aircraft.
    Many French 17's were also Silver.
    Albert Ball's 17 was Brown & Green Camo.

Pic attached.

Name:  WW1 Mannocks Nieuport 23.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  87.0 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 5838
Size:  59.2 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 5919
Size:  59.4 KB

Hope help.

Thanks chaps as I've just placed an order with Shapeways for one Nieuport 11 & one Nieuport 27, my next question is what manoeuvre deck would the Nieuport 27 use & what their abilities for firing A or B damage, plus how much damage will they soak up before they're destroyed, sorry for bombarding you folks with all of these questions chaps, as I'd like to have four French planes v's any four of my CP planes for solo games or against Hayden.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    Thanks chaps as I've just placed an order with Shapeways for one Nieuport 11 & one Nieuport 27, my next question is what manoeuvre deck would the Nieuport 27 use & what their abilities for firing A or B damage, plus how much damage will they soak up before they're destroyed, sorry for bombarding you folks with all of these questions chaps, as I'd like to have four French planes v's any four of my CP planes for solo games or against Hayden.
    G'day Mark!
    The Stats for the N27 from the Official/unofficial committee are as follows.

Manouver deck: F

Firing: B

Damage: 13

Altitude: 12

Climb Rate: 3

Hope that helps.

Cheers Barry for the information regarding the Nieuport 27.

The plot thickens! Let's see how much AA fire they can withstand mwuhahaha!
    Could be a lot of effort, only to be gunned down in a few turns lol

They will look nice, as Mark does a spiffing job on his repaints/customs.
    Have you uploaded any yet Mark?

I think coming in at level two below the AA fire and strafing the b****rs out of existance is what we need to do after the toll they have taken on all our airforces just recently.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I think coming in at level two below the AA fire and strafing the b****rs out of existance is what we need to do after the toll they have taken on all our airforces just recently.:guns:
    Rob.
    I was wondering when someone would figure out the need for "Iron Hand" units.... :)
    Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Name:  WW1 Mannocks Nieuport 23.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  87.0 KB
    OK -- I have never seen a Nieuport with a prop spinner before. Looks like a field job....

Quote Originally Posted by HTRAINo View Post
    The plot thickens! Let's see how much AA fire they can withstand mwuhahaha!
    Could be a lot of effort, only to be gunned down in a few turns lol

They will look nice, as Mark does a spiffing job on his repaints/customs.
    Have you uploaded any yet Mark?
    I've not done that yet old chap, I really must post some piccies of my planes in action soon.

My Nieuport 27 has a lewis machine gun mounted on the upper wing so would that make it A damage instead of B damage it inflicts on the enemy planes ?

My Nieuport 27 has a lewis machine gun mounted on the upper wing so would that make it A damage instead of B damage it inflicts on the enemy planes ?
    So far as I know, typically not. British 27s had a Lewis gun on a foster mount (over wing), while French and Italian 27s had a synchronized Vickers firing through the prop.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Bookmark this site for color schemes: http://www.wwiaviation.com/gallery.html

The creator is a member here. The list on the right side breaks them down every way you can imagine - by manufacturer, type, year, country, etc. The only thing it lacks is any identification of unit or pilot.
    Thanks Kev I've just book marked this website so I now have some inspiration for my French planes.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    So far as I know, typically not. British 27s had a Lewis gun on a foster mount (over wing), while French and Italian 27s had a synchronized Vickers firing through the prop.
    Ah that'll teach me to buy in hast, I could always remove the Lewis machine gun from the upper wing to make the plane correct and thankyou for pointing that out Christopher, I would of been none the wiser unless someone like yourself pointed that out.

And a few more (as you can see, they are mostly French, probably even not repainted):
    Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    And a few more (as you can see, they are mostly French, probably even not repainted):
    Thankyou more inspirational colour schemes.

Can anyone please tell me what are the stats for the Nieuport 11, I've downloaded the E deck for it but I could do with confirmation So any help would be fabulous.

What paints should I use for the Le Mome colors?

Can anyone please tell me what are the stats for the Nieuport 11, I've downloaded the E deck for it but I could do with confirmation So any help would be fabulous.
    Hi Mark,
    check this file taken from the "file section"
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=1141

I think it will solve all your problems

Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    What paints should I use for the Le Mome colors?
    Here it is:

Name:  Le Mome.jpg
Views: 3673
Size:  28.6 KB

Marco

Grazie Marco. I don't suppose "Lift Here" decals are in 1/144 scale by chance are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Grazie Marco. I don't suppose "Lift Here" decals are in 1/144 scale by chance are they?
    Unfortunately no
    I checked their site and 1/144 decals are only for airlines, for WWI and WWII you have to searchin other scales.

http://lifthereserbia.wordpress.com/

The only way to get "Le Mome" is to buy other scale decals and reduce them. Then print on decal card sheet. I think it's possible, but I've never tried.

Marco

Similar Missions

1. Some nice WW1 colour schemes!
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 06:19
  2. Fokker EV/DVIII Colour schemes
    By chub in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 14:45
  3. Series 4 Colour schemes
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room