Ares Games

Thread: Clipper's New 1/144 Zeppelins!

Default Clipper's New 1/144 Zeppelins!

Serving suggestion . . .

Minis not included . . .

I have decided to make a limited number of these Type P Zeppelins available for a limited time. At a full 1/144 scale they are just over 44" long and 5" in diameter. They are comprised of over 130 parts, $75 of materials and 15 hours of love go into each one. Custom boxes to ship them in will cost me $15 each, so the price will $200 ready to ship. Shipping in the US will run around $20-30 First Class/Priority Mail. Delivery will be within 30 days of order. I know it seems expensive, but I have clipped all the costs to the nubbins and re-negotiated labor rates with the elves. Let me know what you think : )

Just a bit bigger that the original at 1/214 scale! There are still a few of those left at $130 each if you have a smaller sky . . . but who can resist? Adopt a Zeppelin?

Hi Clipper
    I would be interested in one of your smaller scale Zeppelins do you know the cost of postage to the UK?

Regards Kev

Hi Clipper - I'd also be interested in one of the smaller scale models - again, postage to the UK needed unless they can fly themselves over the Pond

You got an end-of-sale date in mind? I want one, and it looks like you've priced thme perfectly fairly, but it's not chump change. I'm gonna have to cogitate on wether I can justify one...

Adoption papers have been sent off. I guess I will be a parent after all.

PM Sent and reply to your PM sent

Clipper I already own the smaller,,,but ,,,,,,,, size does matter!

TDCollins

Default Very interested in getting a hold of one of your 1/144 zeppelins. How do I order?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post

Serving suggestion . . .

Minis not included . . .

I have decided to make a limited number of these Type P Zeppelins available for a limited time. At a full 1/144 scale they are just over 44" long and 5" in diameter. They are comprised of over 130 parts, $75 of materials and 15 hours of love go into each one. Custom boxes to ship them in will cost me $15 each, so the price will $200 ready to ship. Shipping in the US will run around $20-30 First Class/Priority Mail. Delivery will be within 30 days of order. I know it seems expensive, but I have clipped all the costs to the nubbins and re-negotiated labor rates with the elves. Let me know what you think : )

Just a bit bigger that the original at 1/214 scale! There are still a few of those left at $130 each if you have a smaller sky . . . but who can resist? Adopt a Zeppelin?

Just PM him and he'll get back to you.

Okay, they look like they take up the whole gaming table, so questions. how do you play with them? Do they move? What kind of maneuvering cards are used? Is there any scenarios built with them in play?

They play quite well indeed! There are a number of threads on the site with details, Airship Attack! is still the classic one with all kinds of strategy and ideas, USMC 1865 had one as well as Ranger, do a search and you will find quite a bit of fun! I have rewritten my own set of rules, especially with the Super Zeppelins and the Height Climbers, at 20,000+ altitude there are few fighters that can engage them and with movable guns they are well defended. All of them use the XD movement deck and the turning radius and sweeps as they turn can be rather dangerous to nearby planes! The smaller 1/214 scale models are most popular as they look great and leave some table for the other planes! But no one can miss the impact of the full 1/144 scale models, they are imposing and very cool . . . if I don't say so myself . . . start a thread on the site and ask what the troops are doing, there are over 20 of them out there in the world . . . thanks for the interest!

Omg that Zeppelin looks awsome, you & your elves always produce these fantastic models, your skill is awe inspiring David just wish I had room to store one of those monsters but sadly the wife would say no.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thomas
    Sorties Flown

Is there any chance one of these models would still be available?

Check out the following:

Derby 2013: Apologies pics have disappeared.
    Vapnartak 2014: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...APNARTAK/page2 (post 77 - half way through)
    Carronade 2014: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...e-2014-Falkirk (post 32 onwards)
    WMMS 2014: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...MMS-2014/page3 (post 142)

Quote Originally Posted by freebird-52 View Post
    Okay, they look like they take up the whole gaming table, so questions. how do you play with them? Do they move? What kind of maneuvering cards are used? Is there any scenarios built with them in play?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Clipper..... did you get my last PM? Im waiting to wire the monies to you.

WOOT!

Looks like a transpacific flight is heading out!

/Happy dance!

Flying Landy

Hello Clipper, do you have any of these left by any chance?

Hi Bob, nice to see you posting Wingman.
    I have one of Clipper's Zeps which Mrs K. bought me for Christmas last year, and if he has any left I can thoroughly recommend that you snap one up.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Flying Landy

Thanks Rob, I've seen them at shows (incl Derby at the weekend), and have been trying to get hold of Clipper via PM and email, but had no response.

Bob

Similar Missions

1. zeppelins
    By Captain Bigglesmay in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-13-2022, 08:49
  2. WW I has zeppelins, what should we have in WW II?
    By Thomatchef in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-19-2015, 23:48
  3. Zeppelins Rising
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 22:37
  4. Zeppelins?
    By Redstarny in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 18:21
  5. Armed Zeppelins