Ares Games

Thread: Additional rudder or gun jam

Default Additional rudder or gun jam

Guys when i have my gun jammed and get another gun jam next phase, do i ignore it or do i get additional/fresh new 3 phases with no shooting?
    Same question for the additional rudder jam received that is
    - either the same as the one i am already holding or
    - the other direction

I can't find it in the newest rule book.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lino22; 03-10-2013 at 03:43.

Can't get any new, because you can't fire

Jan -
    Sounds like you're playing a 'one gun jammed' optional rule if you continue firing after a first jam ?! So you should check that rule for specific detail though I would suggest if the second gun jam occurs in the next phase then you are still jammed for three phases. (So in this example that would make a total of four phases jammed)
    If additional rudder jam for same direction received in the same turn as the first it only has an affect for the next turn so no additional penalty but
    if additional rudder jam for the other direction received in the same turn as the first then you cannot turn in either direction next turn.

Everything is clear now, i am sorry guys i couldn'd see the wood for the trees. Thank you

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bertrand-Xavier
    Sorties Flown

Not sure if it was discussed elsewhere but I'll try here:

I was running a Bomb London scenario yesterday when my DH2 drew two rudder jams (opposite directions - no turns) while it was already on fire (no straights). Since we were not using the altitude option I decided that I could only program stalls during the next turn but that resulted in a series of illegal maneuvers as well. I was already going to lose the plane at that point so I just drew a series of A damage cards for fire (1) illegal maneuvers (2) in the next turn, so the plane pretty much disintegrated in flight!

I wonder how others would have handled this unusual situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ancelin View Post
    Not sure if it was discussed elsewhere but I'll try here:

I was running a Bomb London scenario yesterday when my DH2 drew two rudder jams (opposite directions - no turns) while it was already on fire (no straights). Since we were not using the altitude option I decided that I could only program stalls during the next turn but that resulted in a series of illegal maneuvers as well. I was already going to lose the plane at that point so I just drew a series of A damage cards for fire (1) illegal maneuvers (2) in the next turn, so the plane pretty much disintegrated in flight!

I wonder how others would have handled this unusual situation?
    Just about the same. If you can't overdive to have a chance to put out the fire, and are down to a couple of points, you are pretty well fried. That is one of the disadvantages of not using altitude.
    Rob.

ijo58

So if you get a Jammed Rudder does that mean it's only jammed until the next turn at which point it's Un-Jammed

If you get a rudder jam it applies to moves in the next turn Ian ie you cannot plan moves in that direction. It does not affect the moves in the current turn.
    eg if you pick up a jam on the first card of a turn you can still play moves in that direction on the second and third cards but when planning the next turn you can't pick turns or side slips in the direction shown. The next turn the rudder is considered un-jammed.

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Rudder Jams Clarification - FA/WYB Rules vs. BD
    By Dwarflord22 in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 11:53
  2. Additional WWI aircraft
    By Bluedevil in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 14:44
  3. Fire, smoke and rudder jam simplified
    By aikavaras in forum WGS: House Rules