Ares Games
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of War Series II miniatures

just got a question what colour scheme will the Dewoitine D.520 have?

French or German?

I guess it would depend on when the plane was set. Early in the war then its French [1940-1941] otherwise it would be German [1942 onwards]

just curious thats all....

so in this series we would have:

1 Japanese
    1 British
    1-2 German
    1-2 French

Cheers
    GW

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    just got a question what colour scheme will the Dewoitine D.520 have?

French or German?
    Intel indicates the Dewoitine will come in Free French, Vichy and Italian colors. (Credit to merlindex).

PVT64

Bummer. I see that the miniature set has been delayed and now there is not a release date.((((

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by PVT64 View Post
    Bummer. I see that the miniature set has been delayed and now there is not a release date.((((
    Patience, my friend. All good things come to those who wait

I must be regressing cause I keep on yelling "I don't want to wait I want it NOW!!! *stamps foot down* *adds a pout* *crosses arms*

OMG I am 3 years old again....phew! No just recalling Miss 3's standard tantrum sequence.

Cheers
    GW

Quote Originally Posted by PVT64 View Post
    Were did you see/hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Were did you see/hear this?
    On the front page of wingsofwar.org

Ahh, okay. Just wanted to make sure you had not found a newer source of info

The new backgrounds are good news. In Ffts, is hard to see the high speed (dark blue) markers because the dark blue background in many movement cards.

I want p40 mini's dang it!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up You and me both, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by LewdDude View Post
    I want p40 mini's dang it!!!!!!!!!!
    Hot Damn, buy that man a beer!!!

I like the way he talks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    Hot Damn, buy that man a beer!!!

I like the way he talks!!!
    LOL, thanx! I mean c'mon already! I would love a p40E, or p40N, but is the AVG too much to ask for??? They should have been in the 1st set of mini's but now they are not even in the 2nd set either! Blasphemy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LewdDude View Post
    LOL, thanx! I mean c'mon already! I would love a p40E, or p40N, but is the AVG too much to ask for??? They should have been in the 1st set of mini's but now they are not even in the 2nd set either! Blasphemy!!!

Are thes the ones you are looking for:

The P40 is confirmed to be in Series 3 One of the paint jobs should be the Chinese version we have an avatar for.

The P40 is confirmed to be in Series 3 One of the paint jobs should be the Chinese version we have an avatar for.
    They need to speed it up a bit! We don't even have series 2 yet, So will it be series 24 before we see the P51??? Never mind, all will be well with the world when series 3 hits with the P40

Quote Originally Posted by afilter View Post
    Are thes the ones you are looking for:
    Very nice!

Richard Bliss posted a short video presentation fdor the Series 2 here:

http://richardbliss.typepad.com

If something changes with time, you can reach it there:

http://richardbliss.typepad.com/rich...n-figures.html

Roberto Di Meglio says at the end of it "January 2010".

Cool!

Very useful those videos! I just saw my Stukas in there! Imagine that!

Is one of the Stukas in North Africa camo scheme? :O It would be too awesome to be true!

Yes, it's the same that's on the cover of FftS (the P-40 on the same cover is from North Africa too):

Andrea, how did you know I was a North Africa campaign fan?

Seriously, great stuff!

Thanks for the update!

Cordiali Saluti e' buon lavoro!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Roberto Di Meglio says at the end of it "January 2010".
    I thought that the Series 2 miniatures had already shipped... or was that the deluxe set I'm thinking about??

Yes, Deluxe is shipped (ad arrived to Europe). Series 2 is uder poduction and hearing the video it will be available in 01/2010.

Good to know and to have a pretty official time frame of the release date. I've updated the front page of the site reflecting this. Any word on if WWI Series 4 are pushed back as well, or are they still on schedule for Dec of this year?

Any new Teasers?

That Stuka sits on my mind like... a toy plane for a 10 y.o.

I've got no new teasers. Series 4 has been pushed back into the first quarter of 2010 though.

I just found a little video showing theese planes whicj will be released 2010:
    http://richardbliss.typepad.com/rich...n-figures.html
    (Scroll down. It's the lower video.)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

They look very nice indeed! In fact it was a cruel thing to do, sharing it with us. Now I have to wait until they are released and that is a very difficult thing to do! Oh it just isn't fair!!!!!!

So looking forward to getting those Stukas.....

I'll be getting all three of them and maybe extras to do some repaints on...

can't wait.....

Cheers
    GW

Wildcard

I so want Corsairs....but for now, i shall enjoy blasting those new Vals outta the skies with the bada$$ Wildcats!

Corsairs will not come until the high speed plane rules come out... late next year if we are lucky

Wildcard

Corsairs will not come until the high speed plane rules come out... late next year if we are lucky
    well that definitely blows big ones!

The plus side is we are going to get multi-engine planes about the middle of next year... think bombers here

Wildcard

hmmm bombers, oyyy the rules on all those crew members!

PVT64

Love the video. The figures look great! I cannot wait!!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

Good pics and video. I hope that the minis come as soon as possible.

Looking forward to see them painted - that's the thing with stukas, you need lots of them Bring in the mustangs!!!

Yes, that is true... I like how that sounds... "the problem with Stukas is that you need lots of them" and by this we are speaking about NOT going bankrupt

I hope they bring out the other Stuka variant with the big guns.

Stuka variants

Cheers
    GW

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    I hope they bring out the other Stuka variant with the big guns.

Stuka variants

Cheers
    GW
    Hmmm...that might bring up some interesting rules regarding tanks...

Do you think it's possible to design miniatures with attachable extras? Or would that be to expensive? I'm thinking of the guns for stukas but also for the Fokke-Wulfs (in near future hopefully ).

I think you would be better off just getting some extra planes and modifying them permanently. Having removable guns would just cause problems I think.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Hi Guys

Been away for a while, busy busy! Unfortunately, I see things haven't changed much.. We are still being tormented by the designers! AAARGH!! I can't stand it anymore! I thought we might have been treated to some nice new toys by now

Those backgrounds look way better than the one on the deluxe set. The new ones look a brighter, too. On some of the old cards you can't really see the dark arrows. The picture also looks a bit more realistic than this wet-pencil-photoshop-landscape. Sum it up: Well done

I have to agree, I really like the new backgrounds. As Scoop said, the blue arrows on the Deluxe cards can be really hard to see. Also, the photo backgrounds just did not fit that well with the artwork planes... these new ones are much better.

Anyone got some nice little artwork of these wonderfull models? You know, the dogs are lose and need something to bite

I just got an update from FFG games, this series is at least 3 months away. It does not appear that we are going to get any new Wings of War products in the first quarter of 2010. It's apparent that Nexus is running in to delays for some reason.

Those are bad news - let's hope for the balloons then.

I just got an update from FFG games, this series is at least 3 months away. It does not appear that we are going to get any new Wings of War products in the first quarter of 2010. It's apparent that Nexus is running in to delays for some reason.

That is a bummer....the other game I am heavily involved in is also looking at a release delay.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jared
    Sorties Flown

you can see all of them here: http://www.wingsofwar.it/read.asp?id=3559

only one british hurricane, and it has the wrong roundels on the upper wing, dang it, though not an issue as in 5 days i will be rolling in roundel decals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Balloon Photos
    By Ritterton in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 13:44