Ares Games

Thread: 1/144: "There or thereabouts" Pt 1: Postage Stamp Models 1/140

Default 1/144: "There or thereabouts" Pt 1: Postage Stamp Models 1/140

Hi everyone, I have been having a look at some alternative ww2 models in 1/144 scale (or very close to it) and have acquired some rather interesting ones. Here is a start and I will put up some more photos of other planes/brands as I get time to do it. The first one is a model of a Heinkel bomber. The model is diecast & I have picked up 2 variants as shown below. I got them second hand at a very good price, considering they are already painted. The desert version just needs some after-market swastikas applied to the tail.

I think there is also a current further paint variation for eastern Front.

I must admit that until today I thought they were spot on 1/144 but they are in fact 1/140. Being diecast they are quite heavy models but sit on the Ares Heinkel bases quite nicely as you can see. I may eventually replace them with Minicraft models.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heinkel 4.jpg   heinkel 3.jpg   heinkel 2.jpg   heinkel 6.jpg   heinkel 7.jpg  

heinkel 8.jpg  

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Postage Stamp models come in all shapes and sizes but are in fact a very good range if you don't mind this. I know their four-engine bombers come in 1/200 scale which is fully compatible with WGS ... Now if only I could find the manoeuver deck / aircraft management card for a Consolidated B-24J Liberator then I'd use it in action ...

I have a few 1/144 diecast planes. Most are at the $10 range so very good price for such models. Yours look great.

They look very nice; great additions too the Minicraft Kits and the now hard to find Big Birds. Postage Stamp planes are a true fit the box scale series! I noticed the other day they now have a different packaging and name on them. They look the same a new owner and higher prices! Something like Dragon Wings but not exactly sure!

Rich

Similar Missions

1. "How To" Card models
    By Getter 1 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 14:05
  2. National: 4 NUOVE ESPANSIONI "CUSTOM" per "Wing of Glory"
    By mumo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 12:58
  3. WGF & WGS: Wings of Glory at "Etna Comics" and "Settimo in Gioco" (Italy, September 2012)
    By Angiolillo in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 09:19
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 02:39