Ares Games
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shows for 2013

Default Shows for 2013

Today chaps,
    I have been in contact with the following to ask about putting on a Demo/participation game

We already have Penarth this coming weekend, then WMMS in March.

Triples Sheffield 18 & 19 May
    Partizan Newark 2 June
    BattleGroup South Bovington 6 & 7 July
    Colours Newbury 14 & 15 Sept
    World championships Derby 28 & 29 Sept
    Warfare Reading 16 & 17 Nov

I have been trying to find some form of contact for Bovington but the organisers seem to be pretty elusive, so if anyone got one please let me know.
    Last year the Devizes show was organised by Don (Burt) so will you be doing the same this year Don? If not let me know and Ill send of the enquiry.

Please note these are shows that I can get to and does not in anyway stop other members organising a show participation in their own areas, but I do not mind being the point of contact for any show, just send me the details and Ill contact the organisers.
    I havent sent off to anything in London as I know its quite difficult but if anyone has any input for the big two in london again let me know.
    As for up North, Birmingham, Leeds ,Newcastle & Scotland bit too far for me to get there but previous paragraph goes.
    There will be some criteria posted soon about shows but this is to give us the max support we can give for our game.

Any comments etc or shows I left out let me know.
    I have tried to get us into the "BIG" shows of long standing, Triples, Derby & Newbury but of course this list is not definative.

Lastly I will of course be looking for help and vollunteers for the shows listed, please bear in mind that most organisers will give free entry to up to 6 gamers acting as gamesmasters at these shows.
    I will add shows to the calendar as and when I get confirmation we got space.
    Looking forward to the new season

Chris
    Last edited by Boney10; 01-24-2013 at 05:50.

Thanks for all the effort you are putting in on the organisation of these shows Chris. I appreciate all that goes on below the waterline, having done this sort of thing myself many years ago. I am sure that everyone concerned will join with me in saying a big in the Mess tonight, and hopefully in a more substantial way at the shows themselves.
    Rob.

Border Reiver 2013, usually 1st Sat in Sept. Gateshead International Stadium. I intend to run a demo/participation/competition (details TBC).

I think Vapnartak (York) is just about a closed shop or dead mans shoes to get a slot. There is one other show at York on an airfield, name slips me nut I'll find out tonight at club. The I'll try and organise something there (excellent flying museum with lots and lots of nice aircrafty things to look at. There is also Eden Camp....might be able to get something going there. Dunno about Leeds (2 shows?) or if SmoggyCon (Middlesbrough) is still on. If SmoggyCon is then I will attempt to arrange a similar gig there.
    Scotland is a bit far but Falkirk/Edinburgh are just about do-able.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Border Reiver 2013, usually 1st Sat in Sept. Gateshead International Stadium. I intend to run a demo/participation/competition (details TBC).
    Pop it in the Calendar if you would Neil
    Thanks.
    Rob.

gwag

Hi Neil,

I might be able to get down and give you a hand with that one depending on work rotas.

Carronade( Falkirk) and Claymore( Claymore) are out for me as I'm committed to helping out with games at them already

Cheers

Gerry

Could you forward the dates of Carronade and Claymore Gerry and POC if you have them?

gwag

Could you forward the dates of Carronade and Claymore Gerry and POC if you have them?
    Hi Neil,

Pm'd you with them

Cheers

Gerry

Could you chaps please also add these dates to the calendar.
    Rob.

WILCO squadron leader.

Also the Naval Wargames Show in Gosport, 22/23rd Juneat the Explosion museum of naval firepower - I've put it in the calendar.

There's the Historical Bizaar that I mentioned earlier , but will find out the dates and location and re post here on the forum David.

Mickowenuk's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Mick
    Sorties Flown

Bovington is about 20 mins from me, so if a game is put on there I could make myself available to help.

I've now added 18 shows and dates to the calender up to and including end of May. If I find out POC I'll add them and any other details I can get. I'll post more show dates later on tonight.

2 of the shows are new shows....

2 of the shows are new shows....
    Thanks very much for that Neil.
    Rob.

I've stopped at June as most of the next 6 months worth of shows are mostly TBA or TBC.

Had a mail from the Partizan organisers for June 2.
    They are asking if we definately want space, so any volunteers for a WoG demo/ participation at Partizan Newark June 2.
    Let me know ASAP so I can continue the process

Hi Chris if I'm not working I'll be there

I've an end of year assignment due about then but If I can finish it in time I'll bite too

Ok then I'll ceck my shifts but intend to go, so possibly three, should be ok for a 1 day, will make it WW1 if that ok.
    Will book space this weekend

As it is on my doorstep I will be able to attend.
    Rob.

For the June Partizan count me as a definite and The Red Dragon as a highly probable... should be the same for The Other Partizan in September.

To add to the list of shows, our club is going to be putting on a participation game of Wings of Glory at the Plymouth show this weekend (2nd & 3rd February).
    If anyone is in the area, do stop by our table and say hi.

We're also debating on doing Exeter's Legionary show in May (4th May I believe), we've got a space reserved but haven't decided on which game we're putting on.

I will try and join you on one of the days at Plymouth for a game or two.
    Don

Excellent news on games in the West Country. I can't make Plymouth, but Exeter is a definite possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by WizardsWarlords View Post
    To add to the list of shows, our club is going to be putting on a participation game of Wings of Glory at the Plymouth show this weekend (2nd & 3rd February).
    If anyone is in the area, do stop by our table and say hi.

We're also debating on doing Exeter's Legionary show in May (4th May I believe), we've got a space reserved but haven't decided on which game we're putting on.
    Have you put it on the Calendar Andrew?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    For the June Partizan count me as a definite and The Red Dragon as a highly probable... should be the same for The Other Partizan in September.
    Therefore do we want to make this Partizan WW1 or WW2 themed?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Have you put it on the Calendar Andrew?
    Rob.
    I didn't even realise there was a calendar, I'll add the information on our game to it now.

Just winged off a request to Call to Muster 2013 at Middlesborough, Sat 23rd March Southlands Leisure Centre. If I get a yes then I'll be organising and setting up a demo participation/tournament there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Therefore do we want to make this Partizan WW1 or WW2 themed?
    I would rather like to split it like we usually do, but will gladly bow to your superior expertise in these matters Chris.
    Rob.

Nearly there with Call to Muster at Middlesborough, just awaiting the final OK. If it is YES any helpers would be appreciated.

Should be good for Triples, Partizan and Derby as well as WMMS in March - Triples is 3 days after I turn 50 - so SWMBO may allow me some extra pocket money for that one, lol

Count me in for Partizan just down the road from me - usually a friendly little gathering - nice venue (although I find it confusing as I remember my parents taking me there when it was a monastery - well my dad is a vicar as well as ex-RAF)

How do I find the Events Calendar on this site, please?

It is O.K.. I found the link to it.

Call to Muster at Middlesborough confirmed. I intend to run the following:

Morning session: Table 1: Demo game for new pilots.
    Table 2: Participation game for confident pilots.

Afternoon session: Table 1: Basic tournament for the newly qualified pilots.
    Table 2: More advanced tournament for more experienced pilots.

Actual mechanics of tournament play to be ironed out.

Any help with planning, ideas etc much appreciated.
    Any help on the day much appreciated too.

Neil

Update on some of the shows I have been dealing with.
    REceived mails from the organisers of Partizan, Colours & Triples asking about space requirements and sent off the answers.
    So hopefully thats three on the go from me. I shall put details in the calendar when I get confirmation we have the space.

Sent off another mail to Derby & Milton Keynes as no answer from them.

Has anyone got any contact details for the shows at Bovington & Devizes so I can contact these shows.

If DM can make it to Exeter then I should also be able to join the fray, work permitting.

I won't be able to say one way or the other on legionary for some time as it depends on other people's activities. I'm hopeful, but thats as far as I can go at this time.

(btw as its on "Star Wars Day" we should do X Wing! )

Received confirmation this morning space has been allocated for Sheffield Triples.
    I asked for a 6' by 4' playing area and a 4' by 2 ' display table.
    So this one is a definate now.
    I will add to the calendar. I will add details closer to the time, but look to doing a few WW1 & 2 scenarios, Simon will you be able to get down with Gary? Rob do you still have the poster you made for last year?
    Dave M can we contact Ares about some support forTriples please, posters leaflets or a banner

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Dave M can we contact Ares about some support forTriples please, posters leaflets or a banner
    Already done, some weeks ago.......

Ta Dave, I take it they are still none responsive

After an initial contact Roberto asked for more details on what was needed and I replied to that, I'm waiting to hear back from him now.

We have also now been pencilled in for the Milton Keynes show, any volunteers for this one?

I cant make Milton Keynes but will be OK for Legionary at Exeter if it is WWI

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Pop it in the Calendar if you would Neil
    Thanks.
    Rob.
    Err.... where's the calendar chaps?

Top of Page
    "Home"
    6 o'clock
    "Calendar"
    Single Shot

I see that Overlord at Abingdon is on the calender, are we putting something on there? Also I may be able to get down to Exeter in May.

Mark.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Crusade 2013
    By armstrongjohn1 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 14:58
  2. New 2013 prototypes!
    By Captain Chum in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 20:38
  3. ORIGINS 2013!