Ares Games

Thread: Reporting for Duty, Sir!

Greensman

Default Reporting for Duty, Sir!

Afternoon Chaps – Greensman eventually reporting for duty!

Sorry I’m a bit late reporting in but it was a bit of a rough crossing on the briny….possibly shouldn't have had that big fry-up just before we left port…..all that tea probably didn’t help…..and the 3 slices of battenberg……had terrible indigestion all the way to Calais and then had to recuperate for 3 days in Paris until I ran out of money.

Never mind….I’m here now to help bolster the numbers although I must admit – there seems an awful lot of you – Are the rumours of attrition at the front not as bad as they are suggesting back home?.....and where do you all sleep?

Righty ho. If you just tell me where you want me to park this piano, I’ll get across to the bar and start refuelling…..

Hello Pete, and welcome to the 'drome from here in a snow-bound Kent. Sleep......we don't sleep, we prop up the bar in the Officers' Mess and watch Kyte down his trademark G&T's

Wewlcome Pete, from Bristol, see you down the mess matey

On behalf of the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Pete.
    Glad you made the crossing in one piece. The Officers' Mess bids you welcome too.
    Just head for the hanger with all the singing going on and join us for a chat and a few jars of the amber stuff.
    Rob.

Welcome to the Aerodrome from Italy!

Attilio

On behalf of the fellows across the pond, welcome Pete! Here, drink this , I'll sort that indigestion right out.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post
    ...and watch Kyte down his trademark G&T's
    Didn't you get the communique? It's GnT now, no?

Wilkommen, another fleiger for me to shoot down. Just kidding mate, enjoy the banter and sarnies in the mess. Beers warm and the bacon sarnies are cold. Rob got there first.....

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Pete, from frozen Norwich.

Welcome to the Drome from a cold Taunton.
    Don

Welcome to the 'drome Pete!

gwag

Welcome from Scotland mate!!

Jolly good show Pete, better late than never...eh what. Now your up for first rounds in the bally old mess dear boy....

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chris
    Sorties Flown

Hi Pete. Welcome from the Midlands!

Looking forward to seeing your posts in the future!

necro-thread!
    Join date Jan 2013

Greensman has not been active since the end of 2013.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the mess old chap, glad you could join us. If you ever have any questions I am most likely to be outside upgunning my Bristols.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

welcome to the drome Pete!!!! youve got the right idea. grab any hot grub you can! even if you just end up borrowing it. as for sleep, where ever, whenever, and with whomever you can!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Aerodrome Pete - great to have you on board.

Hope that bout of indigestion has cleared up and that you are feeling better now

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Hope that bout of indigestion has cleared up and that you are feeling better now
    It ought to have by now - that was posted two and a half YEARS ago!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    It ought to have by now - that was posted two and a half YEARS ago!
    Tim, thank you for that one. I forgot to check the date of the original posting and thought that Pete was a new player whose just joined us!!!

Not the first time I have done this so learning experience here thinks me!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Another pilot MIA.
    I agree and am saddened in a way ... Wings of Glory / War WW1 or WGF and WW2 or WGS are both fantastic and very versatile. However we are all individuals and all of us have different reactions to some of the challenges which the enjoyment of such a versatile wargame can throw our way. Particularly when devoid of an opponent on a frequent basis or nobody in the local area plays ... I guess there is only so much playing Solitaire that a person can take.

This is why I am ever so grateful for the Aerodrome being the way that it is as not only do I find myself playing Solitaire most of the time but there is also the ongoing saga with ARES Games and the new WGS releases that just seems to be dragging on and on. I play WGS full-time but enjoy WGF too having played a few times now: Through the Aerodrome. If this site was not here then I would have probably never played WGF to date. In the unlikely event of me ever feeling discouraged with WGS and the Solitaire situation I know where I will be able to seek and find help over what is going on. But more importantly to me if I spot somebody whose sounding discouraged with the same and / or the New Releases Saga I am able to assist (hopefully) in that same way. The Aerodrome IMHO is an integral part of maintaining a sustainable interest in this wargame which somebody I know once likened to skydiving! Maybe best enjoyed in a group but potentially just as fulfilling at times when on your own.

I still hope that Pete got over his bout of indigestion successfully ...