Ares Games

Thread: Just landed.

Default Just landed.

Ciao y'all,

Just found this forum, and it looks pretty good. I started with WoW and was happy to find that Ares revived the game as WoG. I am hoping WoW rules work with WoG, I don't have WoG yet.

WWI airwar has been a favorite of mine since 1965. I even wrote a little home based set of rules back in 1982. I started them while in an extended hospital stay and finished them up about a year later. They were way to complex to have real fun with on a game table :-)

I really like the WoW rules very clean and fast. I plan on introducing them to my summer wargaming camps this summer. I teach wargaming classes in the summer to middle school age kids. Hopefully this will start good size group of new pilots :-)

Cya

Greetings from the Buckeye state!

Howdy from Kansas, Blake! Wargaming classes in the summer? Now THERE's a class I would have loved! Can't wait to hear how WoG works out!

Hello Big Blake and welcome aboard. Don't worry WoG and WoW rules are interchangeable.

Welcome from Brazil Big Blake!!!
    Fly safe on your Hanriot.

Nick

Hi Blake - welcome from here in the UK

Hi Blake, welcome to the 'drome.

Thanks for the Welcomes, Gentlemen.

When the summer class takes off, I will post some pictures - hopefully I will have figured out how to do that by then :-)

cya

Hi Blake welcome to the aerodrome.

Welcome from Chicago

Hello, welcome to the group!!!

Hi Blake, another welcome from soon to be frigid northern Illinois.

Welcome aboard Blake, glad to have you here. Looking forward to hearing how the summer games go.

Thomas

Another welcome from Ohio. WoW to WoG = same game, new name. Just a couple of minor rules updates.

Welcome from Italy! Have fun!

Attilio

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Blake, from here in Norwich in the United Kingdom.

On behalf of the rest of the pilots from the U.K. who have not said hi yet, welcome to the Drome Blake.
    As an ex teacher, and school wargames club organiser, I applaud your commitment to the game.
    Rob.

Thank you all for the welcomes. I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Rob, thanks for you welcome on behalf of the rest of the UK pilots! And congrats on your former teaching career and running your school club.

I have been fortunate enough to have been teaching these wargaming classes during the summer for the past 17 years.ma couple of years ago I did a tally and was surprised to find that I have introduced wargaming to well over 1400 kids over the years!

I was taken aback by that number. I hope they are still gaming somewhere in their part of the world. Every now and then I get a letter or email from a former student telling me how he is showing his kids the hobby. That's what it is all about.

I think that WoG will "take off" around here once I get it introed to the kids here. It is easy to learn and fun to play. I think I will start them out in a campaign setting.

Also, are there any guideline to host a tournament for WoG anywhere?

Cya

Thank you all for the welcomes. I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Rob, thanks for you welcome on behalf of the rest of the UK pilots! And congrats on your former teaching career and running your school club.

I have been fortunate enough to have been teaching these wargaming classes during the summer for the past 17 years.ma couple of years ago I did a tally and was surprised to find that I have introduced wargaming to well over 1400 kids over the years!

I was taken aback by that number. I hope they are still gaming somewhere in their part of the world. Every now and then I get a letter or email from a former student telling me how he is showing his kids the hobby. That's what it is all about.

I think that WoG will "take off" around here once I get it introed to the kids here. It is easy to learn and fun to play. I think I will start them out in a campaign setting.

Also, are there any guideline to host a tournament for WoG anywhere?

Cya

And a big welcome from Belgium!

Welcome to the Aerorome Big Blake! It's great to have another pilot in San Antiono.
    Not only is WoW a great game, but it is also a great way to educate people about WWI and aviation history. The fact that the aircraft are accurately modeled in appearance and flight characteristics, as well as using actual real life pilots makes WoW so much more than just a WWI air combat game.

This site is great in that there are so many members from all over the world that you can get a lot of information and perspectives from people that live in the countries that were directly involved, as well as avid aviation fans around the world.

The Alamo City is the birthplace of WWI US Military aviation, it's a great place to be. Also the movie Wings, winner of the first acedemy award for Best Picture, was filmed here in San Antonio.

Howdy, Big Blake,

Welcome to the Drome and the game!

A big WoG WWII game is scheduled for Saturday, February 16, at Owlcon in Houston, TX. I can't attend that session, but will instead be running a couple big X-game sessions on Sunday.

I and the gent running the Saturday games each have big WoW/WoG collections of our own, so we should have a big meetup at GHG in Austin one of these days.

But it sounds like you have a ready squadron-mate in Bryan. I know there are few other players out here in Texas, too.
    Last edited by Rollout; 02-03-2013 at 20:01.

Howdy Rollout,

I won't be able to make OwlCon this year. Have fun!

Now are you the Brady of Battle Cry fame? If so, man this is going to be a fun ride with these games.

Cya

Similar Missions

1. Michigan: Just landed!
    By Freifrau in forum US Wing
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 18:32
  2. The mug has landed!
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 05:30