Ares Games

Thread: National Competition

Default National Competition

Couldn't see if this has a thread so hopefully if there is people can direct me.

What are peoples thoughts on running regional, ie wing area based competitions (nearest show)?

The regional winners, runners up (?) heading to Salute for the National Final?

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Couldn't see if this has a thread so hopefully if there is people can direct me.

What are peoples thoughts on running regional, ie wing area based competitions (nearest show)?

The regional winners, runners up (?) heading to Salute for the National Final?

Just a thought.
    My own personal feelings on this one is, as we are only just feeling our way into the shows, and it will be our first time trying to impress at Salute, we should concentrate upon getting one thing perfect, and not over extending. Maybe next year, with time to discuss our options, would be better. As usual I'm open to your ideas and observations chaps. My own personal feelings are not immutable.
    Rob.

An excellent idea, and that from a person who despises competition wargames. I'd see this as a target for the (near) future. It would need some careful consideration for the development of tournament rules and, I expect, quite a few dry runs to fine tune things before it went live. The sheer diversity of planes out there makes at aspect at the very least an interesting question, and one that is well worth us pursuing!!

Who is organising the Salute show ?
    I like the idea although I must admit to normally not taking part in tournaments, I do like the WGF ones
    Last edited by Boney10; 01-16-2013 at 09:26.

Hey guys this is an idea, I'm not saying lets do it now. It will need careful planning, organising and lots of try outs before we could go hard and fast on a competition either at regional or national level. But if we could get it right and get backing (ie Ares) then what is to stop us? I'm heading for WMMS in March. We can settle in the Officers Mess talk about our flying missions, chill and chew the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Who is organising the Salute show ?
    I like the idea although I must admit to normally taking part in tournaments, I do like the WGF ones
    Nothing further has been done about Salute. I have had no contact from anyone wishing to put on a game there.
    Even the rumour about Andrea coming over has gone quiet.
    If he does come I will make a special effort to get down, otherwise i will only attend if we can get a game arranged.
    Maybe one of you chaps would like to contact the organisers on behalf of the Drome.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 01-16-2013 at 11:59. Reason: typo

Does anyone hace a POC at Salute? I might be able to put together something - probably WGS (BoB) orientated - although I do have a back-burner idea floating around for an air-race that would better suit WGF...

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Does anyone hace a POC at Salute? I might be able to put together something - probably WGS (BoB) orientated - although I do have a back-burner idea floating around for an air-race that would better suit WGF...
    I know a couple of people in South London Warlords, so I'll see who the contact is

I have been in touch with the Warlords - no room this year, though they did seem positive about a spot next year. I'll work on this a keep the wing posted as things develop.

Thanks for that Simon. At least we are now clear on that one.
    If any of you chaps do have confirmed games at any shows please put them on the calendar.
    Thanks, Rob.

Ok. No show at Salute this year. Does this stop us having regional tournaments? I see the WMMS format includes a tournament. Could this be the first regional tourney of 2013?

Do we have a set of tourney rules that works yet?

If you fancy having a go chaps I cant see why we can't flesh out some rules that we all agree to and go ahead.
    Let's have your ideas.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. NATIONAL AERODROME DAY ??
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:17
  2. Competition by Petersplanes
    By pbhawkin in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 06:15
  3. Albatros D.iii competition entry