Ares Games

Thread: Cancon Arrangements??

Exclamation Cancon Arrangements??

G'day All!
    I now have confirmation that Chris (halvo) has arranged a 4 bed dormetary accomodation to share with myself & his two boys for Saturday & Sunday nights so this means I will be available to help out on all 3 days.

Zoe, I would like to run/help to run some of the Demo games particularly an early war one as I have a goodly number of Fokker E.III's, Halberstadts, DH-2's, FE2b & Gunbus plus a couple of BE2c's.
    Please let me know what I can do to assist.

Carl, I could also help you with the WW2 Comp if required. I do not play WW2 but happy to help!

I know Chris would be interested in playing in the comp on at least one day.

Anyway could you please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers Baz.

Space will be the problem. We'll only have 1 6x4ft table, and probably not more than 1 metre around that.
    By all means bring aircraft - I think I already have enough in my collection, but more is better!

I'm toying with the idea of having a special Zeppelin game. Even bought some 1/200 BE2s etc to fit in with the 1/213 Zepp that Clipper so kindly gave me. And an FF33 to keep the RFC and RNAS honest.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Space will be the problem. We'll only have 1 6x4ft table, and probably not more than 1 metre around that.
    By all means bring aircraft - I think I already have enough in my collection, but more is better!

I'm toying with the idea of having a special Zeppelin game. Even bought some 1/200 BE2s etc to fit in with the 1/213 Zepp that Clipper so kindly gave me. And an FF33 to keep the RFC and RNAS honest.
    Thanks Zoe for the reply.
    I will only bring up a few. I knew we were going to be hard up for space. Do you know how Carls WW2 comp is shaping up?

I don't - Cancon organiser database shows zero entries at the moment

21st Century 15
    Apocalypse 40K 13
    ASL 15
    Australian Boardgames Championships 5
    Battletech One Day 4
    Battletech Open 6
    Bloodbowl 49

Bolt Action 16
    DBA 23
    DBM 3.2 5
    DBMM 20
    DBR 17
    EPIC Armageddon 4
    Flames of War: Early War 42
    Flames of War: Mid War 58
    FoG A-M 31
    FoG R 10
    Horse and Musket 6
    Infinity 23
    Koenig Krieg 1
    Malifaux 19
    Napoleon at War 13
    Saga 8
    Stalingrad 15
    War Machine and Hordes v2 52
    Wargods 4
    Warhammer 40,000 130
    Warhammer Fantasy Battles 98
    Warmachine and Hordes - The Punch Bowl 6
    Warmachine and Hordes - The Whole Bottle 29
    Warmachine and Hordes - Two Pints 12
    Younbloods 13
    Grand Total 762

Name:  COmbined Floor Map Tables.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  125.0 KB

As you may notice, many games are at, or near the max space allocated for them.
    I have modified total spaces for events to the space I have allocated for them.

Blue games are going to be upstairs in C pavilion. You have later finishing times there, disabled access and a quiter atmosphere. (Plus, I can not fit you anywhere else at this time.)
    Red games have been canceled.
    Games not listed have no entrants yet (And no space allocated at thie time.)
    Last edited by Zoe Brain; 01-11-2013 at 01:03.

Question

So what will happen if no entries received before the start of Cancon?
    I assume we do have a Participation/Demo Table?

Hi all,

In the past fortnight I have posted the Cancon invitation on the WoWnexus yahoo group, the Melbourne Wings of Glory yahoo group, the Ozwargaming forum and other locations.

I've had a few nibbles expressing interest in WGF but nothing on WGS. Perhaps this mirrors the poll I ran on this forum earlier in the year - 70% of WG players are WGF only and less than 7% are WGS only.

There is still time yet, we'll see what happens in the next week. In the meantime I still have painting to do.

Cheers,

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    I assume we do have a Participation/Demo Table?
    Yes.

X fingers the WGS comp gets off the ground too. If not, I'll try to run at least one WGS game per day.

Default Maps for Cancon WGS scenarios

Hi all,

I picked up three aerial photograph maps sized at 1440 x 1000mm from Officeworks today, for use with WGS scenarios at Cancon.

This one represents 1943 Darwin. The photo is actually of another location today, but is similar enough to that town during the war. We have an airfield and a harbour.

Name:  DARWIN.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  127.4 KB

This one is actually Mullingimbi, which was used as an airfield during the war, and remains in use today.

Name:  Mullingimbi.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  136.3 KB

This one is a general map of the estuary of a river in northern Australia, with an airfield of course!

Name:  NWA1.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  99.5 KB

Thumbs up

Those are great Mats Carl. Well Done.

Finished my 75 Sqn RAAF P-40Es this morning, Bettys tonight and Spits by Friday.

If we have any WGS players signed up I will have planes, maps and scenarios.

Finished my 75 Sqn RAAF P-40Es this morning, Bettys tonight and Spits by Friday.

If we have any WGS players signed up I will have planes, maps and scenarios.

Default WGS at Cancon 2013

I have spoken to the Cancon organiser Tim Sleigh and have good news and bad news.

The bad news is no one signed up to play the WGS competition (do I smell that bad? )

That however is also directly related to the good news, which is I have been offerred a participation game table for WGS right next to Zoe's WGF table - basically a shed load of Wings of Glory all in one spot.

The other good news is that despite no official competition I still have some prize support available from my FLGS sponsor Fastbreak Sports, so I will have some goodies to give away

In addition I will also have some OOP Wings of War products available for sale at much reduced prices - including Balloon Busters and a WW2 starter with Spitfire, Bf109E, Wildcat and Zero. If that last one doesn't go I'll be buying it myself.

Heading off to Cancon in the morning, see you there on Friday

Cheers,

Carl.

Question

Bad news about the Comp Carl.
    However will look forward to the Demo/Participation Games as I have not seen a WW2 game in action.
    Can you or Zoe let me know which Pavillion we are in?

Hi Barry,

Cancon road trip is underway, I'm just having dinner at Narrabri. Love the Newell Highway, beautiful country and no traffic!

I'll be in Canberra tomorrow (after a quick diversion to the Temora Air Museum) and will let you know the final details when I speak to Tim.

Hope you are enjoying your new Series 1 reprints!

Cheers,

Carl

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hi Barry,

Cancon road trip is underway, I'm just having dinner at Narrabri. Love the Newell Highway, beautiful country and no traffic!

I'll be in Canberra tomorrow (after a quick diversion to the Temora Air Museum) and will let you know the final details when I speak to Tim.

Hope you are enjoying your new Series 1 reprints!

Cheers,

Carl
    Thanks for the update Carl!
    Chris & I plan to arrive around 8.30 to 9 am on Saturday. See you there!

Cheers Baz.

At Cancon setting up the table in the Coorong Hall. Hi Zoe, I have put up the WGF table and have snabbled a board.

Cheers,

Carl

Just going there now... still to finish off the Ursinus and others.

Thanks to MILSIMS for coming to the party - they have donated 4 x $25 gift cards for me to distribute to participants! These will go to any who manage to achieve goals such as shooting down the Red Baron, destroying a Zeppelin, getting 5 kills etc.

Similar Missions

1. Cancon Competeition?
    By Zoe Brain in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 05:38
  2. Cancon Pictures
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 13:42
  3. More CANCON pics Day one Friday.
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4